Diablo® III

Is there a Graphics Work-around?

90 Night Elf Druid
I have Intel Chipset 4 Graphics Accelerator. Is there a way to make my computer work so that I can play Diablo 3. From what I understand I can't have the Graphics card swapped out. Definitely not buying a new computer just to play a game. Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Your computer is a laptop?

In this case, you are out of luck. Need a new computer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have a desktop with the same issue
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Laptop = out of luck, but for your desktop, depending on what it is, you can upgrade the graphics card.

1) What is the computer name / model? Is it a slim-case or a fat mid-tower?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Its a fat tower - stupid EMachine from Wal-Mart. The only problem I have when trying to play, is that it doesn't have a Graphics card that will work. Or at least that is what it tells me when I try to open Diablo 3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow, eMachines. What is the model name of this computer?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I will have to look when I return home and reply then.

In the meantime - are there zero laptops out there that will comply with the requirements that you know of?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, there are plenty of laptops that can game. It's just that 99% of laptops out there can't be upgraded, including yours.
Reply Quote

Not true, I play on a laptop with the same graphics card. You can work around, it worked for me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm going to have to find me a techie to help me find a laptop that will work. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to this stuff LOL. Thanks for your information. I will let you know what my Desktop is later.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Can you give me some enlightenment on this subject Alkas? I'd love to know how.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Check this out for laptops.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4850585139#8
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Not true, I play on a laptop with the same graphics card. You can work around, it worked for me.

Can you please tell me what the work-around is?
Reply Quote
Even if you can work around your laptop graphics card, the gameplay will be extremely undesirable.

Instead, try upgrading your desktop. I don't know the specs of your eMachine, but be aware that your PSU and CPU can't be bottlenecking your GPU. Also, make sure your case fits the video card.

For cheap cards, I recommend the 6670/6770, depending on how much you're willing to spend. Go for the 6850/6870 if you're willing to spend a little more. With an eMachine, I'd just get a 6670 or 6770.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]