Diablo® III

Black rock ledger, finding a use v1.0

Ok, so after further research , lost references - I have a few tid bits.

"The Lamp Post was a DHARMA Initiative station located in a basement chamber beneath a church in Los Angeles, California in the United States. The station's purpose was to determine the Island's most probable location in space and time and identify windows of opportunity to travel there. It was the only known DHARMA station to exist off of the Island"

and another tid bit --

"The ledger contains information relating to the location and properties of the Island. It is the only description of the Island and how to get there that ever made it back to the outside world. This information was used by Alvar Hanso to locate the Island and to place DHARMA Initiative personnel there, and now Charles Widmore, who covets the Island for himself, intends to buy the ledger to use it for the same purpose"

thoughts?
"The Cabin map was a map/blueprint of Jacob's cabin and its location. It was found in a zippered pocket on the dead body of Horace Goodspeed in the mass grave. Horace Goodspeed was presumably the architect/builder of the cabin: in Locke's vision, Goodspeed is seen chopping a tree and said he was "building a place, something for me and the missus."

Possible drop out of mass grave -- ??
i wonder about the secret dungeon map ...... did anyone ever found it ?

http://www.diablowiki.com/Secret_Dungeon_Map
Has anybody considered the option of the direction in which the Lamp Post falls when destroyed? or if it is facing a certain direction to begin with? If it was the one that showed the location of the Island in Lost then perhaps it has more relevance here.

Edit: If the lamppost in Act 1 is destructible it could possibly be to stop you finding this island/place. Hang around the lamp post with all your stuff on you and see if it points the way ?
Edited by Fears#2211 on 5/30/2012 7:40 AM PDT
i wonder about the secret dungeon map ...... did anyone ever found it ?

http://www.diablowiki.com/Secret_Dungeon_Map

According to note BETA, we can find it at first act, am i wrong?
Just like to point out, I went to the lamp post without any of the items as I have only just joined this insanely fun thread. As you approach the 'Light Post' in Act 1 on the path (The path that looks suspiciously similar to the Secret Dungeon Map line) a group of frogs run down the path and into the bushes.

Edit: Beneath the Light Post are Rats, black and brown and the number of them appears to vary on each spawn, sometimes even none. Again, new to this thread and not a big lost fan so that could mean anything or nothing or you could have already noticed it :)
Edited by Fears#2211 on 5/30/2012 8:05 AM PDT
"The secret closet that provided access to the room could be found behind a bookcase. Inside, a wall panel behind a rack of clothing concealed a much older door covered in hieroglyphs. Beyond this door was a small tunnel that led to a pool of stagnant, brown water. The Monster could be summoned by pulling a plug at the bottom of the pool, allowing the water to escape through a drain."

Again excerpt from Lost references - there a definatly bookcases around. And dont forget the stuff that you can destroy yet dont light up.

I know I am just adding fuel to the fire - but just trying to gleam some additional ideas.

I do believe the Mass grave may have somthing to do with it - just look at how it is so random to actually get to spawn - possible that theres a low chance of a drop - I have seen a rare mob in the grave before. Although that was in beta. (possible secret map?)
Edited by Seenon#1699 on 5/30/2012 7:54 AM PDT
I need your help if you are in game :)))

ok Ariah mentioned before the chamber of Lost Idol appearing in Stinging Winds .... where we find the ledgers

I can confirm this place exist , now I can't find it in in a zone database .... weird ... can anyone who can access the game tell me if they can find the location name in the act 2 location achievements ???

thanks !!

here's more info on how to find it
Area - Stinging Sands
Sub-Area Chamber of the Lost Idol
Window of Occurence The Raod to Alcarnus
unlocks The Rygnar Idol event
Edited by Kyrael#1259 on 5/30/2012 8:23 AM PDT
I have a theory that someone could test.

The 'blackrock' in the blackrock ledger could refer to the Black soulstone. You kill Zoltun Kulle in the Black Soulstone chamber and in that room there is an area on the north side that looks like a deactivated portal. It's got similar features to the portal on the south side of the chamber that you enter the room from the terminus area.

There is something peculiar about the Soulstone chamber anyway because it is the only place in the game that I've found which you cannot use your town portal from. Another clue maybe?

Maybe someone with all 6 pages could try standing in the aclove on the north side of the soulstone chamber and see if it activates a portal.

If it does activate i expect it might lead into another part of the realm of shadow (the area where kulles body was retreived from) and that could link the lost smoke/shadow creature to the Lost reference in the page numbers.

Just a thought :)
Edited by Inspyrd#2901 on 5/30/2012 8:41 AM PDT
Are the pages tradable ? I have all but page 15 and i'm tired of farming and not spawning the ship at all, or to get page 8 for the 5th time...

Also did anyone confirm the treasure gobblin theory ? I read somewhere that with the pages you could click on the portal he tries to escape through.
Are the pages tradable ? I have all but page 15 and i'm tired of farming and not spawning the ship at all, or to get page 8 for the 5th time...

Also did anyone confirm the treasure gobblin theory ? I read somewhere that with the pages you could click on the portal he tries to escape through.

No the pages are not tradeable

No the pages are not tradeable

ok :( thanks
I have a theory that someone could test.

The 'blackrock' in the blackrock ledger could refer to the Black soulstone. You kill Zoltun Kulle in the Soulstone chamber and in that room there is an area on the north side of the room that looks like a deactivated portal. It's got similar features to the portal that you enter the room which is on the south side of the chamber. Maybe someone with all 6 pages could try standing in the aclove on the north side of the room and see if it activates a portal.

If it does activate i expect it might lead into another part of the realm of shadow (the area where kulles body was retreived from) and that could link the lost smoke/shadow creature to the Lost reference in the page numbers.

Just a thought :)

The Black Rock as in the Lost reference is the ship which First Mate McMahon sailed. If it has any other interpretations in Diablo 3 I do not know.
Anyway, I tested your theory on Nightmare carrying all 6 pages, the Oar and a Nightmarish Staff of Herding. No effect.

The Black Rock as in the Lost reference is the ship which First Mate McMahon sailed. If it has any other interpretations in Diablo 3 I do not know.
Anyway, I tested your theory on Nightmare carrying all 6 pages, the Oar and a Nightmarish Staff of Herding. No effect.

Ahh well thanks for trying :)
the pages are tradeable, just drop them.

great thread btw, also have all 6 but didn't find any use so far.
Edited by Dromi#2210 on 5/30/2012 9:45 AM PDT
the pages are tradeable, just drop them.

great thread btw, also have all 6 but didn't find any use so far.

Anyone care to give me page 15 then ? That would be very much appreciated.
I have a page 15 that's just sitting here in my stash.

I might as well give it to you, eh? :P
Edited by Quetzalcoatl#1944 on 5/30/2012 10:39 AM PDT
ahah i forgot to say i was on EU servers....
Edited by GrOsBeN#1712 on 5/30/2012 11:07 AM PDT
I just searched the .mpq archives with Ladiks MPQ Editor and found the soundfile from the guy at the "ghost ship" that is played, right before the black rock ledger pages drop.
The file is in a folder named "D_Event_YouLostMe_Artz_Warning"
(Nearly all folders have such easy names, like "D_A2_Belial_Stage3" is the file where Belial shows his real form).

There is a file with the "zones" like A2Caldeum and the full name of the zone (in my case they are german).
Right now I am looking for a event file or something. I will get the english one and post all zones from a-z here if I find something.

So we can guess.

For all of you that want to have diablo 3 music or speech as .ogg files, feel free to download this application and help us find some more information on here :D
Kingsport.... anyone try equipping the scoundrel with the Oar? he's from kingsport no?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]