Diablo® III

Gibbering Gemstone Help

I've been farming this forever, and I've convinced myself that I'm doing something wrong. I'm doing Act 3, Part 6, finding the Caverns of Frost, and going to Level 2, and I never find the mob I need.

Is it really just that random of a mob? And when the mob does spawn, is there a 100% chance for the drop? This is the last ingredient I need, it's annoying!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yes, there is a 100% chance for it to drop.

The mob's spawning is random, in either level one or two.
Reply Quote
took me a long time to get the mob to spawn too, but when the mob dies it is a 100% drop rate. Keep at it, I think I spent 2-3 hours straight going to that place.
Reply Quote
It can spawn on level 1 too? I haven't been clearing level 1!!
Reply Quote
Chiliatra doesn't spawn on level 1, just an fyi. It only took me a good 30 minutes before finding her. Just keep doing it over and over again. It is a 100% drop rate off her.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
She does spawn on level 1, fyi, as thats where I found her
Reply Quote
took me AGES to get the Gemstone and about 10 runs for the plan, got the NM staff now im saving for Hell version to farm and get into inferno im broke from buying gear for my two lvl 60s on ah
Reply Quote
Whats the plan drop rate off of Izual? (Thankfully he's there 100% of the time)
Reply Quote
Izual is always there, as he's a 'boss' or whatever, but just keep going at it with the caverns of frost.. I spent between 2-3 hours straight of farming before I got chiltara to spawn, 100% drop rate once he does
Reply Quote
Finding the Caverns of Frost is the easy part... as you already know, finding the boss is the hard one and most time consuming. A friend and I were both going for the staff at the same time, so we made separate games and went hunting. It went rather fast as both of us were looking for it, and when I found it in the second game I made, I told him to join me. I think we got lucky that Chiltara actually spawned in the second game I made, she was on the second level.
Reply Quote
I've seen different people say that the gibbering gemstone only drops on the second floor; others say that it drops on the first floor as well. Does Chiltara spawn on the second floor only?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
Chilltara can spawn on both the first and second floors. Keep at it
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just out of curiosity, those farming the plans, you guys do realize it can be bought from the Gorell the Quartermaster. He doesn't always sell it but you can just leave and enter again.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
The plans he sells are used to upgrade the Normal Mode Staff of Herding to higher difficulties, unlocking Whimsyshire for those difficulties.
Reply Quote
I got a the stone but what is it for?
Reply Quote
Just out of curiosity, how many runs did you guys have to do before you found the mob? I'm not exaggerating when I say I've probably done 80 unsuccessfully...
Reply Quote
is not 100% drop rate at all it did not drop on my last kill :P
Reply Quote
this game has to just hate me or something. I am on run 10,000 (just a bit of an exaggeration) and Chiltara has only appeared once. and after I killed her, she didnt drop the gem, so its not 100% drop rate. Im starting to get fed up with this BS. Im going to the right cave while on act 3 part 6, clearing both levels completely, and NOTHING! then I hit leave game, re-choose my quest so it resets everything and run it again... still nothing after hundreds of runs. any pointers?
Edited by DrewDizzle#1183 on 5/28/2012 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just found the gemstone on Floor 2. My technique was to scale the right wall until I touched every wall in the cave... Yes I did this for floor 1 too because I heard rumors it could drop there as well. But I found the rare boss on the 2nd Floor on my 21st attempt and the 12th attempt in the frost cave (not every game had the frost cave). Good luck!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]