Diablo® III

AH issues....getting beyond a joke now

(Locked)

LOL tell me about it. ive found 1 legendary in over 120 hours of played time. Every single yellow ive found is worse than a blue item as well.

I rely on the AH to get upgrades for inferno, because farming act 1 is useless.

I also rely on the AH to sell stuff for gold because making gold from drops is useless.
05/27/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Thijs
I am sure Blizzard understands how much the players care about the AH. I don't know what ails the AH, but if I had to guess, I'd say that the AH received a lot more load than they anticipated. Things behave differently at scale, when concurrency (read: many people at the same time) is high. From an engineering standpoint, performance problems are a pain. But they can always be solved. I'm sure they are profiling the system, narrowing down the problem space the few operations that are causing the slowness/transaction errors, and experimenting with a number of theories. It will take some time, Diablo 3 is a very young game getting unprecedented attention (they broke sales records for fastest selling PC game). They will fix it. Hold steadfast, and you will be rewarded.

We all know the issue is the sheer load on the AH. But what we dont understand is that after 12 days since release, blizzard being the multibillion dollar company that they are cant hook up a couple of extra servers for the !@#$%^- thing.

If the AH were an ill person, it would be dead by now due to neglect and bad treatment.
05/27/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Thijs
I am sure Blizzard understands how much the players care about the AH. I don't know what ails the AH, but if I had to guess, I'd say that the AH received a lot more load than they anticipated. Things behave differently at scale, when concurrency (read: many people at the same time) is high. From an engineering standpoint, performance problems are a pain. But they can always be solved. I'm sure they are profiling the system, narrowing down the problem space the few operations that are causing the slowness/transaction errors, and experimenting with a number of theories. It will take some time, Diablo 3 is a very young game getting unprecedented attention (they broke sales records for fastest selling PC game). They will fix it. Hold steadfast, and you will be rewarded.

Come on now, we all know that Diablo's sales were going to be insane. Everyone knew that, you didn't have to be a genius to know that.
They obviously knew from preorders that D3 was gonna be massive. Fastest selling video game of all time...

Now they need to stop being cheapskates and add some damned lifesupport to the servers to improve the pitiful AH.
90 Human Paladin
Last night I bought 2 x Legendary items and they didn't show up in the "Complete" AH tab. I look on the forums and see the Blizz post that says items may take 24-48 hours to deliver. WTF Blizz...by the time I get my items I will have leveled past them!

Then I log in this morning, go to my "Complete" tab and there is nothing. No list of my 10 auctions, no list of my bought items, no list of my sold items.

Please Blizz fix this mess and sort out our gold/gear. I for one won't be using your buggy AH until serious fixes are made.

Unacceptable...
Last night I bought 2 x Legendary items and they didn't show up in the "Complete" AH tab. I look on the forums and see the Blizz post that says items may take 24-48 hours to deliver. WTF Blizz...by the time I get my items I will have leveled past them!

Then I log in this morning, go to my "Complete" tab and there is nothing. No list of my 10 auctions, no list of my bought items, no list of my sold items.

Please Blizz fix this mess and sort out our gold/gear. I for one won't be using your buggy AH until serious fixes are made.

Unacceptable...

We feel for you dude. We have all been there. They have said that deliveries can take up to 5 days. What...are they manually viewing all transactions or something.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I just bought a 50k ring and didn't get it. When I logged back in to retrieve it, it gave me a bull!@#$ error saying "Cannot collect payment info." The IRL AH isn't active yet, so what is this garbage?

Unacceptable...

I for one won't use the it either, also !@#$ the RMAH.
More comments please. dont let it dissapear.
Enough is enough. Ive had it with these mother !@#$ing bugs on this mother %^-*ing AH.
Well to just get my angst out there, i found IK helm and quite a few good rares. Put it on the AH. They sold, for a total of about 1.25mil. Saw the log, couldnt send gold to my stash. Thought meh, must be lag. Relogged. POOF, everything is gone... the log of all my sold items, and the items themselves, and the gold im meant to recieve.

I mean WTF?... firstly the drop rate of set / legendaries are alrdy !@#$, and when i actually get to sell the one that i found, i lose the item and the gold -_-.... so damn demoralizing...
Guys, just read this thread here, to me, this whole AH thing is a big deal, specially because it's a long weekend,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149623692?page=1#6
90 Human Rogue
05/27/2012 08:26 AMPosted by Prometheus
We all know the issue is the sheer load on the AH. But what we dont understand is that after 12 days since release, blizzard being the multibillion dollar company that they are cant hook up a couple of extra servers

Not every problem can be solved faster by increasing the number of workers working on the problem at once. If this is a concurrency problem (and I think it is, though I don't know), then they are actually better served having a small, tight brain power team looking through the code and profiling it in real time to figure out the core issue(s). Hopefully they'll remember Occam's Razor in a moment like this.

05/27/2012 08:27 AMPosted by SayRay
Come on now, we all know that Diablo's sales were going to be insane. Everyone knew that, you didn't have to be a genius to know that.

Even if they guessed the number of people right, it's difficult to model dynamic human behavior for a feature that has no precedent. There is nothing they could look to for intelligently modeling the load test of the AH, save perhaps for the open beta weekend and the data they could capture then to properly load test their system.

My point remains the same: They are aware of the problem, they are aware of how much it means to us (the players) and they are working on the issue. Patience serves us well now.
90 Pandaren Priest
This is an issue that needs to have close to 100% focus from the developments of the game because of the way Blizzard made Inferno. You NEED the AH.

Sad thing is: If Blizzard DOESN'T have 100% of their devs working their !@# off on this during this long weekend it shows awful regardness for their player base. On the other hand, if they DO have the devs around the clock, it just shows the lack of IT skills these people have. There is absolutely no way that a group of talented developers would let this go on for weeks and weeks, specially with the fact that Blizzard can buy any hardware the devs require to support their changes.

Blizzard this is beyond joke, snag some people from Google and fix this please.
Please keep this thread alive. I want a blue answer with at least a status report. Normally I don't post like this, but seriously I am prolly out ~1mil cause of this fiasco.

Please blizzard at least tell us what is going on. #NeverTrustBlizzard
You wanna know the most galling this about the AH and server issues, this server status

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status

Shows the AH and game servers up even when they are down. It never updates. Its pathetic and laughable and several other 4 letter words that i cant say here.
55 Troll Death Knight
When is this being fixed? 1 day in a half and still cant get items I bought from the ah, by the time I get them I will have out leveled them I want my gold back.
Blizzard always makes us pay for BETAs by releasing essentially unfinished products. Once this auction house issue has been resolved there will be another serious issue, then another after that, and then another, and so on. It sucks, and I hate the fact that we have to deal with it as much as the next person, but when you play a Blizzard game this is something you just have to accept.
Edited by WickySticket#1618 on 5/27/2012 8:56 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]