Diablo® III

Dying too fast

My WD is dying very vast my gear is good and i even have the passive skill that lowers damage taken but i still die fast any tips?
Reply Quote
what lvl are you? what are your skills?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aeXdf!Z!a.a - build
and im level 14
Reply Quote
Yeah, the squishiness shows up in act 2. Best thing I did was swap out my shrunken head for a shield. A good one will absorb 10% damage right there.

Also, drop haunt for dire bats. It's SOOO good!
Reply Quote
dont get hit
keep hitting stuff till it dies
- monster hunter motto
Reply Quote
haunt with the siphon glyph really helps alot.
Reply Quote
Easy mode pop dem aoe hands, aoe harvest, and lets frogs do there insane dps with rune. I have made it to 27ish already half asleep in 4 mans and I just stand in middle of all the mobs and never die. soul harvest with the life rune keeps u alive all day
Reply Quote
Jungle fortitude, spirit walk, horrify, grasp of the dead with the extra slow rune.

All viable options very early on.
Reply Quote
Try using pets, make the mobs bunch up and aoe them down. It is almost essential in any game that involves a caster that they need some sort of CC and/or tank.

Avoid hits. Usually avoiding hits or running away is best for survivability.

Get some gear with vitality. Simply put, that 100 hps from that 'oh not so good armor' is life or death.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bZYScT!ZX!aaZ.Z
Reply Quote
Yea I have the same problem, I'm level 9 now with fairly decent armor (not amazing) but I literally die several times in a group of more than 3 mobs. Though it can possibly be my latency which at times can be up to 350+!!! I move TERRIBLY slow and the enemies just seem to swarm me, Didn't Blizzard promise that even though it is online it won't get that affected too poorly?!

Anyone else having latency/lag issues and is that really making the game THAT much harder for me?
Reply Quote
This (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hcXdiT!bZ!aaaZaZ) is the current build I have.
WD was sucky at start, but got alot better at level 20+
Reply Quote
Yeah keep at the witch doctor for a while. I was debating switching out for wizard early in the game, but once I picked up some better gear and got gargantuan it became easy mode.

The most annoying thing I find is that I can't move close to mobs to soul harvest when the left click also attacks. There's probably a move-only button I can press.. will have to look for that next time I log on.

Oh and I second that vitality thing. Running around like a school girl is so annoying. Raise vitality and just tank the damage ;)
Edited by CdrRogdan#1818 on 5/15/2012 10:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
46 Human Hunter
my WD is lvl 16 and gotta say, the dogs are pretty worthless as meat shields, but once you can blow them up they will clear up those mobs that kill you fast. also dont run into the middle of things. if your not near them, they cant hit you. if they cant hit you, you take no damage.
Reply Quote
act 2, dont get hit by the bugs man..... thats it
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:20 PMPosted by BlackOPS
get a shield ur survivability rate will go up , i died twice as soon as i put on the stupid witch doctor doll in my off hand , put a shield back on and im owning again :)

Really?

I've been using a doll this whole time and haven't died yet. Level 21.

I use gargantuan/z. dogs/dire bats/soul harvest/darts/and either horrify, spirit walk, or sacrifice if im in a group.

I find that the gargantuan and dogs do a great job of keeping mobs away. Also, bad medicine helps a lot if you have any sort of poison attack. I can't wait to get big stinker to keep that debuff from bad medicine up even more.
Reply Quote
I haven't had a problem dying unless I argoed too much in Act III so far..

I suggest using your meat shield of zombie dogs and gargantuan when you get it. I still groping eels grasp because slowing is incredibly effective, but I stay at range and use the blowdarts (splinter rune). Its a little slower until Acid Cloud, but it worked for me.

And BTW, Soul Harvest+Grasp+Acid Cloud.. soo nice.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:49 PMPosted by CdrRogdan
The most annoying thing I find is that I can't move close to mobs to soul harvest when the left click also attacks. There's probably a move-only button I can press.. will have to look for that next time I log on.

Click on open area and hold down mouse button, now you are running without having to click everywhere. Steer yourself and position the pack, no more issue of getting that 5 stack of soul harvest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]