Diablo® III

BLACK SCREEN HELP

My mac laptop has great specs well above the recommended specs. Plus diablo 3 doesnt take that much.

I have installed the game successfully but when i press PLAY, the head pops up and the BOOM a black screen with my mouse is there, no music too. I've read that windowed mode fixes this most of the time. But the problem is i have no idea how, ive seen guides to do this for diablo 3 but its too confusing for me.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SIMPLY TELL ME HOW TO RUN DIABLO 3 IN WINDOW MODE ON A MAC??

ty
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I was having a similar issue this morning. I played fine last night, but when I tried to run it this morning, I'd hit play on the launcher, get the D3 logo, then a black screen with my cursor, then an error reporter.

I've gotten past it though.

When the launcher is open, go to the menu and reset your preferences. The game should launch after that. Then you can go into options and set things the way you like, but do NOT put shadows in high. Doing so caused an instant crash for me. With them on medium or lower, the game runs fine.

Hope that helps.
Reply Quote
what menu? there is no menu on the launcher? where is it
Reply Quote
nvm i see XD im new to macs going to see if it works now
Reply Quote
Nope, Still didnt work. I think the only way ill be able to play is if i get the program in windowed mode so BUMP PLEASE
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Try Command M

That's I use to get it into Windowed Mode.
Reply Quote
thats the first thing i tried lol:p

Damn d3 has so many issues with mac
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Id double check to see if you actually have a video card that is good enough.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Weird.

Unfortunately I'm at work atm so can't test out what the particular key combo is.

Might have something to do with a keybindings combo but i don't have access to a machine I can check which pref it is and in which file.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Hmmm might be a d3prefs.txt setting we can change here.

EDIT Here we go :

Finder -> Go to Menu at top of screen -> Go to Folder

Copy/paste this line and press return :

~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III/

Open D3Prefs.txt in TextEdit

Do a find for DisplayModeWindowMode

Change the "0" in the line to 1 :

DisplayModeWindowMode "0"

Then save it.

If all goes to plan your D3 should be in Windowed mode when it opens from the launcher.
Edited by bluspacecow#1174 on 5/16/2012 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Windowed mode doesn't help, the screen still goes black. I'm starting to lose hope here, the game has been unplayable for 2 days. I'll give this one more day of !@#$ing with it until I ask for a refund.
Reply Quote
You will get a refund but it takes about a week for it go happen. The fix for this won't happen soon as this problem as been going on since beta and still no admission from Blizzard on this issue.
Reply Quote
I'm having same problem:
Here's the log on windows 7 64bit
Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Diablo III.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1.9558
Application Timestamp: 4fa1ec3c
Hang Signature: edc7
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: edc732228b4cce254c1e3d0d794c27a3
Additional Hang Signature 2: 449e
Additional Hang Signature 3: 449e39fb127736acec2cd1da5aff1831
Additional Hang Signature 4: edc7
Additional Hang Signature 5: edc732228b4cce254c1e3d0d794c27a3
Additional Hang Signature 6: 449e
Additional Hang Signature 7: 449e39fb127736acec2cd1da5aff1831

I have radeon 6870 1GB but it's still same I already tried all the methodes
is there any hope or any help?
Reply Quote
92 Undead Death Knight
Yah Im Still Having issues with the same problem....I Have A Dell Inspiration One io-2320..and the Diablo simbol comes up on launch...But after u hit start on the Launcher it goes to the Black screen With just the cursor showing...and the diablo Music in the background...can anyone help me out on how to reset the preferences for the game so i can get to at least play it?...I dont know if anyone can respond back to this but if u can id like a pointer please...TY.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]