Diablo® III

Agent.Exe Crash during Install / Updates FIX

To solve this error on my windows 7 64-bit install I performed the following steps:

• Click Start
  • RUN "msconfig"
  • Under the General tab, click Diagnostic Startup
  • Click OK
  • Restart the PC
  • Upon restart, delete the folder in "C:\ProgramData" named "Battle.net"
  • Right click on the launcher and select "Run as administrator"
    • Note: You can add the step to remove security and anti virus but it did not matter in my case.

You should not recieve any errors this go around. For myself, I had uninstalled every uneeded program including AVG. I had also disabled windows firewall. Finally I first tried to run the install with only stopping non microsoft services, however, that failed and resulted in the dreaded agent.exe crash. The fact that it worked when I went to diagnostic indicates that there is a service (possibly specific to w7 64bit) that is interfering with installs and updates.

I'll be re-enabling them until I find out which one it was... Until then, good luck and happy slaying!
    Reply Quote
    Bump as I am looking for confirmations from others...
    Reply Quote
    delete the C:\ProgramData" named "Battle.net work in my case
    Reply Quote
    Where do I find the C:\ProgramData ??? I put my disc in and I get the Error code BLZPTS0000J I don't even think it loaded it please help.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Death Knight
    OR
    just go in the folder and click on the agent updater. then itll update and work again. I posted this fix like 2 days ago
    C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent
    Remember that program data is a hidden folder. Inside Agent there are a couple more folders that say Agent. i clicked on the .954 agent folder and used that updater. There is another updater in the other folder.
    Im unsure on the difference. All i know is it fixed it
    Reply Quote
    None of those fixes work for me. Even tried them in safe mode with networking enabled. I just keep getting a Windows error message saying the Agent setup has stopped working, after which all I can do is close it. When ran in safe mode with networking, I don't get the windows error but it will just keep looping the setup.
    Reply Quote
    You are probably not going to like this, but after 2 solid days of this error & failure to install, i backed up my data, pulled out the XP disk and wiped my system. The new system is up and Diablo 3 is working perfectly.
    Reply Quote
    A buddy of mine is having the same problems - we have tried all of the advice on these boards and nothing is working - the stupid agent.exe keeps crashing the install procedure
    Reply Quote
    93 Tauren Paladin
    i unstalled the game now it wont let me installed have the same problem
    Reply Quote
    This issue is with me from 2012 Please fix and btw Ive got only C:\ProgramFiles but not C:\ProgramData
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]