Diablo® III

how to change back my language setting

i've downloaded zhTW version, and have already tried it on the server.
then about an hour ago, i changed the language setting to english, and diablo3 trying to download the english version pack. and it's really slow!!!!!
is there any way that i can change my language setting back when i can't play??
Reply Quote
can any one help me?
Reply Quote
I have the same problem. Changed the language to English because i thought it might help me to learn but now the game wants to download like 2 GB and my internet connection sucks, so it will take forever. ;_;
Is there an ini file somewhere where I could change it back?
Reply Quote
Here's how to stop downloading on Windows if you have already started:

1. Close your Diablo 3 downloader.

2. Find "agent.db" file under:
Windows 7 users: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\
Windows XP users: C:\Document and settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net\Agent\
Please note this is a hidden folder. Or alternatively, you can do a file search for "agent.db".

3. Open agent.db file with text editing tools such as Notepad.

4. Do a search for "selected_locale", change it to the way it was. For example, to change it back to English, put: "selected_locale" : "enUS"

5. Save your changes. Reopen Diablo 3 and have fun!

============= EDIT ==============

Bliz patched it, so this won't work any more. To change it back to English, you now need to:

Delete both "Battle.net" and "Blizzard Entertainment" folders, under "C:\ProgramData".

Hope this helps.
Edited by Soap#1203 on 10/7/2012 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks man (:
Reply Quote
u saved me from sanity...
thx
Reply Quote
thanks a lot, and i found that batch16 has something simliar
Reply Quote
Thank you, soap. :-)
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
How can I change language back to english ? There is no such options.
Reply Quote
i luv u soap, u saved me 24hrs dwnloading extra data. i was jus curious n changed d language, end up need to dwnload abt 2 to 2.5GB n cant cancel. thanks for ur info n switch it back to english version.
Reply Quote
Hey soap, it work but when I try to launch it said "An unexpected error occurred while updating required files. Please try again." Any idea why?
Edited by David#6411 on 5/18/2012 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hi,thanks for the solution, but why i can not find "selected_locate" in the agent file?

please help
Reply Quote
Please note the location of the "agent.db" file. It is NOT under where you installed the game.

Also, deleting the file instead of searching and replacing the content works as well.
Reply Quote
really useful, thanks mate
Reply Quote
Thank yoU!
But my downloader just turn back to english, and resume the download again... and still have 2.gb remaining. is there a way i can avoid the redownload?
Edited by hkxstyle#1542 on 5/19/2012 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i think there is another agent.blizzard running in the background. ress ctlr+alt+del to end the process. This should fix it...
Reply Quote
Thanks Man that really help me a lot , really thanks
Reply Quote
ITS IN PROGRAM DATA NOT IN PROGRAM FILES! got confused too! but i've fixed it already! thanks mate! cheers to you! save my balls man! no h0m0 intended!
Edited by akosirich#1386 on 5/22/2012 6:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
it have error ! they write "failed to read a required file"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]