Diablo® III

Serious AH Bug

90 Goblin Shaman
When buying commodity items, specifically chipped rubies, the final sale price seem in my log, and the price I saw when I clicked buy are VASTLY different.

At one point the price of these was 200g and in my log it showed I bought them for 850g!

Seems that someone else had bought the cheap one and the price displayed to me never updated. In fact, I bought one for 200g and it seems like the price to buy 1 more just never refreshed on my screen.

Please address this ASAP!

PS: the auction log need to be made chronological minute to minute, mine is totally messed up ATM.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
As a followup,

It just happened to me again with the same item,

Price displayed was 350g, price paid in log 850g and I definitely did not get the one for 350g!
Reply Quote
I asked about this earlier is this a bug or by design?

I was playing around and one several occasions I bought a single cracked gem and although the confirmation box said (example figures) "200g" it charged me 320g. Because (as the other poster proposed, the 200g one had been sold) Is it supposed to work like that? That seems kind of crappy.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I am talking about buying Single items, it cannot be by design, and IS a bug.
Reply Quote
Technically not a bug, but I'd like it to refresh the price after each purchase.

Step 1: Search for chipped rubies, quantity = 1

Step 2: The price information appears. The current price is 250g, and the averages are blah.

Step 3: Click buy. (Buy it for 250g)

Step 4: Click buy. Oops, you didn't even look at the price. (Although the price from your previous purchase is still there.)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Yes it is a Serious Bug, I have bought a SINGLE item and got it for a different price then listed on more then 1 occasion.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Catastrophe
Step 4: Click buy. Oops, you didn't even look at the price. (Although the price from your previous purchase is still there.)

No thats not true. I DID look at the price. When you buy you get a confirmation box popup that shows the gem and the amount say 200 gold, you click buyout on the CONFIRMATION box and when you look at your transactions you paid way more.

I really hope its a bug otherwise I wont be using the AH since I could buy a gem for 50 and pay ten thousand or something!
Reply Quote
Well I definitely agree that the price should automatically refresh after each purchase. Or to be extra safe, hide the 'buy' button until the player clicks the 'search' button again.

If the popup confirmation is wrong then this bug is serious and evil. I was sure that it wasn't, though. I thought it was always correct and that people were just clicking through it like the game's EULA. If the popup confirmation is getting its price from your stale search result rather than asking the server again each time you click 'buy' then that's bad.

I'd check, but the only reason I'm here is because of server maintenance.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It is not an issue about the price refreshing, I buy one item once and still get a vastly differnet price then displayed...

Just happened to me again with normal rubies!

Price show was 600g, price paid 1900g!!!!
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hey guys,

We are actively working on this. Thank you for the reports!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
As a followup, this does not seem to happen with crafting materials (essences etc) only happens with gems, of multiple colours.

I've done a few dozen crafting material purchases and have yet to see it, with gems it happens one in five or so. Periodically when buying crafting materials I do get an error msg and the gold is mailed to me as I suspect is supposed to happen if the item sells between the time you see the price and your order is submitted.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Nevermind... I just happened to me once buying shimmering essences, although the frequency is clearly smaller 1 out of say 50 transactions.
Reply Quote
Its maybe because they are slower trading compared to gems. It only happens when the price changes between click and the purchase going through.

Also, thanks Blue, good to know its not supposed to work like that. Also, catastrophe, evil is a bit OTT. No one deliberately makes bugs.
Reply Quote
For buying gems, when switching between quality/rarity the displayed price changes quite often. It seems like it is displaying the wrong prices once you switch back and forth.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
It's not even clicking refresh between buys. I have clicked buy on 1,000 gold gem and won it, hit refresh, saw that it was still 1,000 gold and clicked buy again, and they were both sold to me for 7,500.

I suppose it could have been a player posting his auctions individually rather than in a stack of 5 and I just happened to hit refresh perfectly, but I doubt it. I always hit refresh between buys and watch the final buy window to make sure.
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Warrior
I have also seen this bug myself. Came to the forums to post about it. "Glad" I am not the only one to be seeing this bug.

Search for "1" item into the commodities along with the other pull down tabs to isolate what I am after.

Search, Search, Search until an item has been posted low enough below the going rate that I am interested.

Buyout item, screen pops up asking me to confirm the "cheap" price. I do.

Go to the completed auctions tab and find out that I have purchased an item that is more costly than the one I intended.

Almost wiped out my gold stash last night with one horrible purchase.. though overnight I was able to resell and recoup most of my gold.

This bug makes me VERY scared of using the AH for commodities right now :(

As best I can tell I am not doing anything different beyond hitting the Search key many times before actually buying.
Edited by Angmar#1793 on 5/20/2012 2:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Any update on this?

I noticed it still isnt listed in the known issues log.

Would be great if Auctions allow me to put a standing Buy Order in.

ie. before I logoff I have 3 Sockets spare, I place a standing buy order for 3 square rubies for $3k each, if any are listed at or below that price before I cancel the order tomorrow the system buys them for me.
Reply Quote
Standing order would be great.

Fixing the AH would be even better.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
As an update,

This problem is 100% still on going, although seems to happen less frequently.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]