Diablo® III

Latency issues. Blue post please?

So I tend to see my game running in slow motion, it doesn't seem to be a problem with FPS from what I can tell. But I will constantly run between 250-500 MS, I've even seen it shoot up to 800 MS.

My roommate across the hall has no issues at all though, and I have no latency issues on any other game so it's not my computer or Internet I don't believe. But it makes the game unable to solo, and my friends are always running ahead of me as I can't keep up.

Any known fix, or any known reason I can't play my game like I want that I just bought? :(

EDIT: Forgot to mention I can see myself, my friends, and other mobs skipping around. They'll kind of "teleport" and it makes it a pain my my butt to keep up and hit them.
Edited by Paperwings#1722 on 5/17/2012 5:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Iv started to see something similar to this. The first day I played I was at 78-90 MS, but now im seeing 200-300 MS. I know its not the fps.
Reply Quote
Late in the night it seems to finally drop below 200 MS for a little while I think I got all the way down to 165MS at one point. But it's still stupid and makes it hard to solo :(
Reply Quote
So I've looked through about 20-30 pages of crap, and with all the Latency threads there is yet to be one blue post about it. Can we finally get one?
Reply Quote
Just gonna keep spamming this back up until Blizzard replies to one of the 150pages of latency posts.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
BWH
You think you have it bad? I get 1000-5000 ms at all times. rubber banding up the yin yang. This issue hasn't been acknowledged. It's so irritating.
Reply Quote
for real they have responded to things with much less complaints.. this is ridiculous. come on..
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Adding to this - serious rubberbanding
Reply Quote
Same problem. Hitting 400-1000 on my latency. Before the update it was a smooth 70-100 but now it's really getting problematic and unplayable.
Reply Quote
They obviously don't care.
Reply Quote
Back up we go... Will ring them today and yell at them like a ruffian until we at least get some attention.

I do like the game, and it is fun when it's playable. But the gloves will come off if they have to, don't feel like wasting my hard earned money.
Edited by Paperwings#1722 on 5/18/2012 2:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Back up we go... Will ring them today and yell at them like a ruffian until we at least get some attention.

I do like the game, and it is fun when it's playable. But the gloves will come off if they have to, don't feel like wasting my hard earned money.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]