Diablo® III

[SPOILER] Ending Cinematic Discussion

Incoming anti-hover-spoiler text:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, erat sed nascetur, wisi dolor commodo erat. Ut condimentum urna ac lacus sit, vitae ut vulputate nam ut vestibulum, sed lacus aliquip pellentesque. Euismod mauris malesuada urna nemo integer, fringilla accumsan fusce, sollicitudin euismod, lobortis eget risus nam augue urna pharetra.

Now, what do you guys think of Tyrael becoming the new embodiment of Wisdom? It doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I kinda hoped he would stay on earth, or at least get his wings back somehow. But he's still human, in the high heavens, and the new embodiment of wisdom?

Can you even be an embodiment of something without being an arch-angel? And what about Justice, when later down the road we need justice again??

Another thing, it seems he does retain some of his power within his sword. He used some kind of special ability that opened the door to allow you to go fight Diablo. But I wonder how much power he still has?

What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a funny feeling some time during the expansion, the original Wisdom guy will come back and be all "D:< THEY TOOK OUR JOBS" when he realizes that his position's been taken.
05/17/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Forge
Can you even be an embodiment of something without being an arch-angel? And what about Justice, when later down the road we need justice again??

That's something I was wondering myself. The ending cinematic sort of implies that the burning hells are vanquished permanently, defeated, no need for justice any more.

05/17/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Forge
Another thing, it seems he does retain some of his power within his sword. He used some kind of special ability that opened the door to allow you to go fight Diablo. But I wonder how much power he still has?

If he does retain any power, it's probably all stuck in his sword.

What I'd love to know is, Tyrael became mortal, yes? Mortal = can die. Let's say he slips and falls or something or finds some other silly way to kick the bucket. What happens then?
Reply Quote
Imperius failed where Diablo did not, unity.

Diablo got all 7 evils, Imperius was still just himself.

So he was like OH HEY DIABLO WTF YOU DOING HERE??

But then she was all like well I got the powers of my other 6 buddies too so your !@# is grass.

Woulda been way cooler if it was the council vs prime diablo
Reply Quote
Tyrael gained more wisdom than any archangel before him, because he became mortal. I think he mentiones in a dialog somewhere that the angels don't know everything because they don't know what it means to be mortal.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Merwanor
Tyrael gained more wisdom than any archangel before him, because he became mortal. I think he mentiones in a dialog somewhere that the angels don't know everything because they don't know what it means to be mortal.

But, He is going to die now, from age, relatively quickly leaving two spots open in the council.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I freaking hate the whole Learning what it is to be mortal thing, it sucked at the end of dragonsoul and its really sucked in every single IP/Book i have ever read, Tyreal just being a man (or a mortal angel what ever) made him significantly less interesting of a character to me. (not to mention just in design of look, his angel form was so cool... his human idk he looks just so generic)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]