Diablo® III

The Wheel of Misfortune?!

(Locked)

85 Human Warrior
Hey guys, I'm trying to get some achieves, anyone done this and know where to find it. I'm in the Desolate Sands, but can't find where this needs to be done at. Any tips? Thanks :)
lol i've lost it as well.. though i've found it once before :S
Hi, I've been trying to get this one too. Here is what I found on another forum :

The Ancient Device can spawn in two places in the Desolate Sands.
Best way to get this achievement is to start with Act II - "9. The Scouring of Caldeum". Then teleport to "Ancient Path" and walk to the right. As soon as you enter the Desolate Sands you will get the "Checkpoint" message. All you have to do now is to look at the two places where the event can spawn, log out and log right back in. You will start at the entrance of the Desolate Sands now and not on a random located waypoint like the Desolate Sands one.

The ten possible Combinations are:
Mobs:
1. Vile Swarms
2. Diseased Bodies
3. Malice the Mangler (yellow mob)
4. Ernutet (purple mob)
5. Zorr the Doomed (can't remember his color)
Dungeons:
6. The Veiled Treasure (Dungeon)
7. The Fowl Lair (Dungeon)
Containers:
8. Ancient Urn
9. Resplendent Chest
Misc:
10. Gold Shower

http://i.imgur.com/mZhc1.jpg

Here you can see the route (blue) that i took and the two possible spawn positions. In the bottom left where the route starts is where you will spawn (the checkpoint thingy).

Hope this helps and thanks to the creator of this post !
90 Human Priest
I can confirm the northern location. Took me...10 or so runs minimum just to get it to show up once. However, once i got it and opened the golden chest, I still show 0/10 for the achievement. =p
05/24/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Ilanna
I can confirm the northern location. Took me...10 or so runs minimum just to get it to show up once. However, once i got it and opened the golden chest, I still show 0/10 for the achievement. =p

Thats not it. Its up some steps.

It looks like this. http://i.imgur.com/lHtYD.jpg
I have also gotten a different mob, Grax(yellow), also got a plain chest doing this
Edited by HarmlessBuny#1453 on 5/25/2012 8:20 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thanks! the info is very useful.
Maybe it's just me but spawning rate of this machine is ridiculous... I was farming it for 3 hours and found it only 7 times (with two duplicates)...
The Wheel of Misfortune gives you a gold shower. Interesting.
Also, I've only found it once. Yet it says I have 2 out of 10. Is it possible for it to just activate itself for the negative results?
05/27/2012 12:15 AMPosted by ajgon
Maybe it's just me but spawning rate of this machine is ridiculous... I was farming it for 3 hours and found it only 7 times (with two duplicates)...

Not just you. I came on to these forums to see if there was anything else I could be doing. Been farming for a few hours and the Device itself seems to be pretty rare. I've probably found it about a dozen times but, after I hit 6/10, the outcomes started repeating. Very frustrating.
Yea, I'm stuck at 8/10. Just need the 2 dungeons, but all I get now are repeats. Been at it for the past 3 hours and it's getting very frustrating, tedious and boring. I've decided to move onto Act III with my lvl 29 Monk. Maybe tomarrow I'll start Act II with my DH on Nightmare.

I hope Blizzard fixes the random spawn issues soon!
yes let's all hope blizzard fixes the randomness in D3... -.-
F***, I got it! :)

I was farming it for 8 hours (~600 runs). :(

Results:
8 times - The Veiled Treasure (dungeon)
6 times - purple giant (Ernutet)
6 times - yellow skeleton (random name, with 3 minions)
6 times - Chest (with white items)
6 times - Ancient Urn (with gold)
5 times - The Fowl Lair (dungeon with pig :) )
5 times - Resplendent Chest (with blue items)
3 times - Diseased Bodies (spawned mobs)
3 times - gold shower :) (a lot of gold)
1 times - Vile Swarm (~10 insect mobs, f***ing common mobs)
Total = 49 times it spawns.
Edited by Нановольт#2867 on 5/29/2012 5:18 AM PDT
Heh. Gold shower. Wink wink nudge ay blizz.
Hm, my second try was just a regular chest. That mean anything? :s
is there any certain difficulty u can find it in more? I've never seen this device and I'm in hell but i might be interested in going back and seeing if i can find it, does it matter what difficulty?
Love the Fowl Lair! Chickens (pop) and PIGS!!!! XD <3
Edited by JadedIce#1109 on 6/2/2012 5:51 AM PDT
i've been farming for the last 8 hours and i have gotten them all excep the effing purple a-hole! i've made at least 1000 runs to the northern spawn point and no luck with that purple dude
I usually go south from the top check point, it's way quicker.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]