Diablo® III

NVIDIA Quadro 2000M video card

I have the Lenovo Thinkpad W520 notebook with an i7 CPU and the nVidia 2000M video card. I'm able to play Starcraft II on medium to high settings with no problems at all, but with D3 I'm getting some pretty low FPS during crazy intense battles even when I have all the game's settings at LOW. Also tried v-sync and limit FPS at 70, but no change... I'm currently running the latest video drivers from NVIDIA and am wondering if anywhere out there with this particular card is able to get it running smoothly before I spring for a eGPU setup.

The game plays fine unless there's crazy amounts of action on the screen... the temps for the CPU and GPU look to be within expected limits so it's not getting stressed much.
Reply Quote
I get the same problem with my notebook, did you ever get around this?
Reply Quote
View profile
06/15/2013 06:59 AMPosted by mastermoe
I get the same problem with my notebook, did you ever get around this?

the Quadro itself is not a gaming card so it will lack the performance of a gaming card. it is made for workstations that need higher graphics. things like drafting, CAD, etc.

that said having a mobile version of that card makes it double as bad im sorry to say.

this is the supported card page.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-supported-video-cards
most of the quadros are listed in the low performance section.

some things to try
go to your d3prefs file and change the following settings.

DisableTrilinearFiltering "1"
HardwareClass "2"

in the nvidia control panel make sure to set your device for performance rather than quality
go to "Adjust image settings with preview" and adjust the slider all the way left to "performance".
now go to "manage 3d settings" and change these
maximum pre-rendered frames (3)
multi-display/mixed-gpu acceleration (single display)
power management mode (maximum performance)

in game make sure to change the following. these can all be adjusted later if you find your card will accept higher graphics.
texture quality (low)
shadow quality (off)
physics (low)
clutter density (off)
anti aliasing (off)
max foreground/background fps (off) ::sliders set all the way right to 200::

i cant make any guarantees that you will get good FPS.
..but i was actually able to pull 20fps on my old laptop with 1.7ghz celeron and intel HD2000 graphics. not what i myself call playable but to some people that may be all they want (which is to play). so give it a try and tell us what happens.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]