Diablo® III

Surviving in Hell - Spectrazard POV

80 Night Elf Druid
First things first
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNXQT4mT12Y&feature=youtu.be

Ok now that, that's out of the way. "But thats NM Diablo not hell" Yes but the idea's the same for the most part. Thing that can mess you around are knockback mobs, Pure immunes (lol kill the main 1... ya right), and probably freezies (mmmmmm freezies). The plus side to Freeze mobs is you can actually still use Diamond Armor WHILE frozen. On top of that with this for the most part you'll be fighting more than one mob which works out even better than soloing (Depending on the mobs) an actual boss.

Exmp. 1 - You're attacking 7 mobs, more mobs with an ability that AoEs, higher crit chance, more crits reduce your remaining CDs time by 1 second, and Enough crits will make it come back faster than you can keep spamming it (Broken much blizz?).

Exmp. 2 - You're facing a boss and none of your attacks are criting (LOL @ 2:16 for the ppl who actually watched the video) so you either pray you live it or run away as fast as you can (Option 2's not as fun) give it some time and go back.

OR

Exmp. 3 - You're fighting Charging bulls that freeze and have an invulnerability till the main boss is dead (Props to anyone who killed this) you manage to get the main boss, while praying he doesn't get to far back to charge you and make the others charge, on top of avoiding freezing ground. Now all you have to do is beg the RNG gods for continual crits and you'll be set.

So for me not being 54 and having Energy armors Rune (-.- lifes never been so hard before.) i'm stuck using the 5% crit bonus with 6900 HP in hell and doing amazing (WHERE'S YOUR VITAL GOD NOW!?) i see alot of ppl lost as to the fact that the wizard ATM is by far the best solo class in the game. So if you wanna give it a shot here it is MY ATM Version.... Till 54.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WYXjSO!bfg!YcaaYZ

Last but not least best way to utilize this build.

a Good 1h Weapon + Shield combo

Int > IAS > Crit %
Higher Intel = Better Diamond Skin (Was incorrect, but it still gives you resists which helps, +Damage). HAHA
Increased Attack Speed (to a breakpoint unknown ATM) = Faster blade attacks and More crits.
Higher Crit chance = More diamond Skin upkeeps and Frost nova spams.

Also in-game under Options > Gameplay > on the bottom right side last check mark box is an enable for a certain mode it'll let you move around your skills in the skill tree, so you can have like 6 offence abilities if you wanted.
Edited by Tork#1851 on 5/19/2012 5:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sooo let me get this straight....

You can be 1 shot (because you don't have energy armor which prevents that).

You rely HEAVILY on a point blank spell (spectral blades) for your only source of damage.

You are lowering cooldowns for....1 spell?

Right the build falls apart, and you even admit you aren't level enough for it. Sorry.
Reply Quote
so you've made a guide about surviving in hell, but you haven't even solo'd hell mode yet? nice.
you won't be able kill elites with 6.9k hp, even with diamond skin.

so about your question, "WHERES THE VITAL GOD??"

he'll be coming soon
Edited by sequeL#1809 on 5/19/2012 5:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
lol the fact i'm through act 1 and no deaths, also the 54 rune makes life easier, but isn't needed. :D

Also i will state i'm level 51 (says that right in the video description) i also claimed not to be 54 which is when this build shines, i just noticed alot of people having trouble in hell and am just encouraging people to give something like this a shot. If you have the 35% life rune with EA, grats more survival for you. I laid out some of the parts that shine in this build to a bud who was having difficulties in Hell, after trying it out he's been doing alot better.
Edited by Tork#1851 on 5/19/2012 5:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
mine does idk the exact formula.

Actually i was incorrect haven't been able to connect for awhile... for some reason i was sure it did.
Edited by Tork#1851 on 5/19/2012 5:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
First things first
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNXQT4mT12Y&feature=youtu.be

Ok now that, that's out of the way. "But thats NM Diablo not hell" Yes but the idea's the same for the most part. Thing that can mess you around are knockback mobs, Pure immunes (lol kill the main 1... ya right), and probably freezies (mmmmmm freezies). The plus side to Freeze mobs is you can actually still use Diamond Armor WHILE frozen. On top of that with this for the most part you'll be fighting more than one mob which works out even better than soloing (Depending on the mobs) an actual boss.

Exmp. 1 - You're attacking 7 mobs, more mobs with an ability that AoEs, higher crit chance, more crits reduce your remaining CDs time by 1 second, and Enough crits will make it come back faster than you can keep spamming it (Broken much blizz?).

Exmp. 2 - You're facing a boss and none of your attacks are criting (LOL @ 2:16 for the ppl who actually watched the video) so you either pray you live it or run away as fast as you can (Option 2's not as fun) give it some time and go back.

OR

Exmp. 3 - You're fighting Charging bulls that freeze and have an invulnerability till the main boss is dead (Props to anyone who killed this) you manage to get the main boss, while praying he doesn't get to far back to charge you and make the others charge, on top of avoiding freezing ground. Now all you have to do is beg the RNG gods for continual crits and you'll be set.

So for me not being 54 and having Energy armors Rune (-.- lifes never been so hard before.) i'm stuck using the 5% crit bonus with 6900 HP in hell and doing amazing (WHERE'S YOUR VITAL GOD NOW!?) i see alot of ppl lost as to the fact that the wizard ATM is by far the best solo class in the game. So if you wanna give it a shot here it is MY ATM Version.... Till 54.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WYXjSO!bfg!YcaaYZ

Last but not least best way to utilize this build.

a Good 1h Weapon + Shield combo

Int > IAS > Crit %
Higher Intel = Better Diamond Skin (Was incorrect, but it still gives you resists which helps, +Damage). HAHA
Increased Attack Speed (to a breakpoint unknown ATM) = Faster blade attacks and More crits.
Higher Crit chance = More diamond Skin upkeeps and Frost nova spams.

Also in-game under Options > Gameplay > on the bottom right side last check mark box is an enable for a certain mode it'll let you move around your skills in the skill tree, so you can have like 6 offence abilities if you wanted.

Items and stats?
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Idk atm since it's all down, im goin to update this tho, to announce how i feel with it, and somethings that people can do to actually properly work this spec.

the things i do know for sure is.
56% IAS seems to get 6-7 Blades
17% crit in the middle of mobs i can almost always keep Diamond skin up now, want to hit 20%
90% Crit damage increased.... low but still worth mentioning.
1300+ intel with aprox 4800 HP.
Edited by Theoutrank#1881 on 5/22/2012 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]