Diablo® III

best place for a square ruby on ranged wizard

hey guys,

bit new to this, played diablo ages a go but no others.

I bought a square ruby at AH and was wondering what people the think is the best place for it on a wizard.

helm weapon or other? and whats other?

Helm: Increases Experience Rewarded per Kill by 17%
Weapon: +13 Minimum Damage, +13 Maximum Damage
Other: +30 Strength

I try to mainly use ranged attacks and kiteing (if that means running away lol) I'm not even sure what level I am somewhere around 13. I use wave of frost with a shatter rune (i think) the whirlwind thing, magic missle and the hand thing with white beam. I also use a defensive ability as last resort.

sorry I seriously need to learn all the names, I only worked out today that AH meant auction house!
Edited by ualdierealgd#6753 on 5/19/2012 5:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Weapon hands down.
Reply Quote
man that was fast!!! thanks for that
Reply Quote
Increased experience perks are, for me, a waste of effort. Especially in lieu of damage. That +10% XP per kill is the same as me killing one more mob than I would otherwise...which I can do if I do so faster...which is helped by damage. Besides, I'll get to level 60 eventually..so why try to get there 5-10% faster?

Strength does little for a wizard. A wizard shouldn't rely on passive armor to survive..it's nice, but not a prime worry, so +strength doesn't do much at all.

The +Damage on the other hand...that can really, really, really help. More damage on the weapon is more spell damage, and the ruby damage gets added before the other multiplier effects, so it really helps.
Reply Quote
yeah since I got a socketed wand off AH and put the ruby in it, its actually useful to the point that I don't hane a primary skill selected as I prefer to use the wand and put the skills in another slot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]