Diablo® III

The best WD weapon. What are you using?

I'm curious as to which weapon is the best for the Witch Doctor.
In the last couple of days I've seen WD's using ceremonial knives, staves, mojo, shields and even bows.
What is the stat that you are looking for in a weapon? Is it DPS? +INT? +DMG %?
I've been looking for weapons in the auction house with the highest DPS and if they have any good +INT or +VIT properties. Is there another property that I should be looking for in my 1H or 2H weapon? Obviously +INT will help my overall DMG output but I can stack +INT on other armor items as well.
And is it true that only weapons can have +damage % properties? (i.e. +20% damage)
Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Intelligence, Max Mana, Weapon damage, Mana regen. In that order of importance.

Edit: should mention this is entirely the opinion of someone who hasn't hit 60 yet.
Edited by Fred#1662 on 5/20/2012 2:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Damage>all. Go for the slowest if you are using a dot build, balance it for every other build, so you dont go oom too soon.
Reply Quote
Currently using a 2 handed axe with 740+ damage with +31% damage, +~100 int, + other stuff.

Unbuffed I'm at 11.6k damage, with 5 stacks i get to over 17k.

I believe I got a steal out of it, got it for 35k and later sold the one i was using for 45k.

My build is around flaming darts + Locust Swarm. Insane damage, I only change it for boss fights, I switch the LS for Voodoo.

Just started Act 3 on Hell, gonna go to sleep :)
Edited by JabaPR#1135 on 5/20/2012 2:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
wow, that 2 handed axe sounds beastly.
what do you mean with 5 stacks?
Reply Quote
Soul Harvest stacks
Reply Quote
oh, i see. thanks for the clarification.
Reply Quote
Give me the slowest 2H with the highest Min/Man damage spread. The slower it is, the more mana efficient I am.
Reply Quote
in theory, wouldn't faster = more damage?

i understand tho if your preference is slower paced.
Reply Quote
in theory, wouldn't faster = more damage?

i understand tho if your preference is slower paced.

Not only in theory. Everything that you can't nuke within one mana pool (so 5-6 casts : X) and mana efficent spells (dart + bomb + veil) along with a faster weapon, will do so much more DPS. I'm around 2 APS and can cluster the screen with bombs infinitely fast. this is even more important if you kite, because you can cast a spell more before starting to move again.
with splinters you look like a gatling gun.

You'll prolly never find a slower weapon that does THAT much damage that it's worth to drop a fast 1H, unless you gear towards attack speed. (which I do even with a fast 1H, hence the speed)
Reply Quote
Intelligence, Max Mana, Weapon damage, Mana regen. In that order of importance.

Edit: should mention this is entirely the opinion of someone who hasn't hit 60 yet.

Completely wrong sorry. Weapon dmg > int > vit. max mana/regen doesn't even come close to being needed. Attack speed also has a big impact on your damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]