Diablo® III

** Staff of Herding **

05/24/2012 07:15 PMPosted by BeastyAzzz
is staff bound to your account and if so does this mean u cant drop it

You can drop it.

05/24/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Íol
i farmed izual normal mode ALOT for the normal plans and then i randomly decided to try nightmare once and they dropped first try.

I got my normal plans on my first nightmare kill too :x

05/25/2012 12:13 AMPosted by seksibro
Is the staff reusable? I mean if I enter in hell difficulty, and then reset the game, can I re-enter Whimseyshire again? Also, if I upgrade my staff to the Hellish Staff without accessing Whimseyshire in Normal, can I still use the Hellish Staff to open the gate in normal?

The staff has unlimited charges, you can enter the level as many times as you want.
Normal staff = Normal
Nightmare staff = Nightmare + Normal
Hell staff = Hell + Nightmare + Normal
Inferno staff= Inferno + Hell + Nightmare + Normal.

Hi All,

I farm all my material for the staff in nightmare mode and i got the plan from the vendor and the blacksmith say it cost 200k to make the staff but i didn't have the normal staff yet, can i use my nightmare farmed ingredients to make the normal staff and do i need to go normal mode and kill izual for the plan to make staff of herding again since i used the nightmare plan 1st and my blacksmith already have crafting staff of herding but it the 200k one

The 200k plans are the nightmare ones, you need the normal staff of herding to make them. Yes, you can use your nightmare farmed ingredients to make the normal staff, the 5 items have no level, inferno mats can be used to make the normal staff, but farming them would be hard. Yeah, you do need to go get the Normal plans for the staff of herding. Even though your Blacksmith already knows the nightmare ones, you'll still be able to teach him the normal ones.

05/24/2012 07:17 PMPosted by BeastyAzzz
The reason i ask...i got the first staff and after first run staff was no longer in my inventory...dont think i dropped it and i heard there is a bug where it dissapears from your inventory...lets say i did drop it or it bugged out...am i able to get staff back,do i need to refarm in normal..any info will help thanks

I have my account protected with only an authenticator and I've never been hacked, and I've never dropped my Staff of Herding, If you dropped it, I don't know. Might have to open a ticket and see if they'll restore it for you. If they don't you'll have to refarm all the mats on any difficulty and make the staff again.

05/24/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Snuffa
Thanks for the guide, I found it helpful and now have all the items, just need to get the gold to make the normal staff.

<3 Good Luck

Hopefully I answered these correctly, I just woke up #
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/25/2012 4:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
EDIT2: LOL awesome I just answered my own questions. I found her in Caverns of frostlevel 2 the cave was mainly winterbane huntress front the start with a few scavengers. It seems she can be found in either of the caves yet one 1 cave spawns per instance. So keep looking even if the cave is not called icefall caverns

was just about to respond ._.
Reply Quote
Oh really? The D3 wiki claims she will only spawn in the Icefall Caverns, not the Caverns of Frost. This is good to hear. I spent ~1.5 teleporting around the zone and cave last night with no luck. Maybe tonight will be my night...

Thanks for the info!
Reply Quote
I have 1 million gold right now and have full cleared up to Act 1 inferno solo but I have act 4 open.

How good is the loot from this place, for example with 1m gold I could buy a godly weapon or make this staff up to hell.

Wut do?
Reply Quote
I have 1 million gold right now and have full cleared up to Act 1 inferno solo but I have act 4 open.

How good is the loot from this place, for example with 1m gold I could buy a godly weapon or make this staff up to hell.

Wut do?

I imagine people that have the Infernal staff won't find this thread. :(
Reply Quote
Mushrooms - 10nd run
Shinbone - ~20 runs
Liquid Rainbow - ~3runs (way to ez) 1st floor !!
Gemstone - dropped when i was leveling so idk
Plan - dropped when i was leveling so idk

too bad,i have no gold to upgrade to inferno one,i think i will get better gear and tons of gold to do that, cuz once u get inferno one you wont need others ,upgrade others such a huge waste!
Edited by Jimmy#1734 on 5/25/2012 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What's the quality of loot in Hell look like?
Reply Quote
It took me quite a while to finally get mine. That stupid Liquid Rainbow...OMGGGGGGGG

Anyway,
I made a video guide with all of the steps in an easy to follow format!

Please check it out on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAS1qYqOqbE

Thanks!
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Whatevas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAS1qYqOqbE

Again, don't post your videos. That is the point of my guide, It TELLS you how to get it. If I wanted to post a video, I'd just go find a FatbossTV guide
EDIT: The video does contain spoilers of the secret level.
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/25/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 03:21 PMPosted by TJones
What's the quality of loot in Hell look like?

If the AH would ever come back up, I'd have the infernal staff.
I'm 25k off Hell, and I have like 900k sitting in my stash / completed auctions
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/25/2012 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
one of the worst designed levels. ever. made my eyes and ears bleed. and i only ran it twice. plus loot is horrible. i ran this on hell mode. stay away from the damn ponies. stay away. save your 750k+ for other crap.
Reply Quote
Is the staff still disappearing randomly?

Difficulty don't matter when farming the actually pieces to craft the staff correct?
Only the steps needed to get to the blacksmith recipe?
Edited by Rabb#1103 on 5/26/2012 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Is the staff still disappearing randomly?

Difficulty don't matter when farming the actually pieces to craft the staff correct?
Only the steps needed to get to the blacksmith recipe?

I've heard of the staff disappearing, honestly, I think people are lying, but I could be wrong.
Reply Quote
I can confirm normal staff plans DO drop in normal mode even if you already learned the nightmare and hell plans. It took me over 50+ Izzy runs, but I got my normal plans just now finally.
Reply Quote
Hey guys,can anyone teach me how to make my secret map in Hell mode?Thanks.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 07:06 AMPosted by nubJeff

Follow the guide.
Make normal
Upgrade to Nightmare
Upgrade to Hell
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Shadowolves

Follow the guide.
Make normal
Upgrade to Nightmare
Upgrade to Hell

How to upgrade?and where the guide for upgrade?erm...
Reply Quote
How to upgrade?and where the guide for upgrade?erm...

How to Upgrade: The upgrading steps are in this guide, on the first page, on the first post...
Read the guide next time!
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/26/2012 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've ran Izzy about 20 times and still no plans on Normal.

I have the NM and HELL plans taught to my Blacksmith & all the items necessary.

Is this a bug, or do I just need to keep on running Izzy?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]