Diablo® III

** Staff of Herding **

Edit: they just dropped!!! Here's what I did....wait more than 60 seconds...don't kill him instantly.
Reply Quote
Just want to say thanks, this guide was really helpful. Got this all done in just a few hours.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Ailurion
Just want to say thanks, this guide was really helpful. Got this all done in just a few hours.

<3
Page 11.
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/26/2012 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I finally got my normal mode staff made. Thinks for posting the mob spawns in frost caves level 2. Another guide I was reading didn't mention that.

This is a great guide and I requested a sticky, hopefully they will make it one.
Edited by Rabb#1103 on 5/26/2012 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok, I'm having a hell of a time with this.

I randomly came across the shin bone on my second play through via nightmare, so I decided to start my journey. Bought the bell because it was easy.

But in focusing on the gibbering gemstone or the liquid rainbow...well... I know they dont pop up all the time, and some people it takes a couple times and some people it takes a ton.

But especially for the liquid rainbow (which I've focused more on so far), I mean, I've rerun that area about 30-40 times and only ONCE has the dude even been there (and I've checked both locations each time), and unfortunately that time the rainbow did not show up.

Anyway, on the one hand I'm glad it's this hard, on the other it seems to be taking a lot longer for me than others, I mean, even to get the instances when the guy is actually there...am I doing something wrong? Maybe I need to have that conversation with shen about the "mysterious device" in the oasis before I go?

The gemstone I havent tried as often, but at least the proper dungeon has been there every time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I finally got the staff to drop. my trick? like another poster had said. "dont kill him instantly" run around for a bit. give it 30 seconds or more before taking him out and poof it drops.
Reply Quote
I found all the parts in about a hour, and sold all my crafting materials to have enough to make it ASAP! Lol. (Only had 5k left after the 100k bell, btw crafting materials sell like hotcakes!)

Anyway,, I read from about page 7 I think, two questions im having are;

Do I need to upgrade to nightmare before I can upgrade staff to hell?

If not,

Is it worth getting nightmare staff so long? (im bad with cash, always low -500k is allot)

Im a late bloomer, im already in act two of hell.

Tl;DR: Do I need to upgrade normal to nightmare before I can upgrade it to hell, if not,
is nightmare worth getting while im in act two of hell already. (Because im baaaad with cash!)
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Collector
Do I need to upgrade to nightmare before I can upgrade staff to hell?

yes
Reply Quote
Uh... bump?
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/26/2012 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just assembled my first herding stick and ran the level about 4 times... don't see anything so great about it other than slaughtering MLP and Care Bears.
Plenty of blue, one or two yellow per run, but again... nothing noteworthy as far as stats on any of those items.

A lot of hype for 'meh'.
Reply Quote
Just assembled my first herding stick and ran the level about 4 times... don't see anything so great about it other than slaughtering MLP and Care Bears.
Plenty of blue, one or two yellow per run, but again... nothing noteworthy as far as stats on any of those items.

A lot of hype for 'meh'.

I imagine you were doing the Normal level?
Yeah, not alot is going to drop there lol
Reply Quote
I just wanted to say that you should put in the guide that [Wirt's Bell] costs 100,000 gold.

Would help some people who are cash strapped understand the total costs.
Reply Quote
moi ive seen u post that the quarter master sells it after u kill him but is that only to upgrade it or to get it. cause its never dropping for me and to b honest its killing the game for me.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 05:43 AMPosted by leagueyjewn
moi ive seen u post that the quarter master sells it after u kill him but is that only to upgrade it or to get it. cause its never dropping for me and to b honest its killing the game for me.

Quarter Master doesn't sell normal plans, he only sells upgrades.
Reply Quote
Update:
Added my Legendary drops, I got 4 Legendaries within 2 hours.
550k / 450k / 125k / Sword
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/27/2012 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Update:

I assume that was in Hell mode? Is the quality of the drops comparable to act 1 inferno? I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade my staff and tag it on to the end of butcher runs.

... I guess if you made as much from item as it costs to upgrade it... yeah, i think i'm answering my own question. :p
Reply Quote
Update:

I assume that was in Hell mode? Is the quality of the drops comparable to act 1 inferno? I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade my staff and tag it on to the end of butcher runs.

... I guess if you made as much from item as it costs to upgrade it... yeah, i think i'm answering my own question. :p

Yeah lol, I was amazed. More info on the front page
Reply Quote
Inferno Whimsyshire is a PAIN
zzzz
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/27/2012 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]