Diablo® III

** Staff of Herding **

Odd, I got the liquid rainbow finally shortly after complaining in this thread, and then the gemstone came right after :P . Having a little trouble getting my first set of plans (I'm thankful that you can just buy the rest), since you can't spawn super close to Izual....guess I'll keep trying though....but yeah that running around for 30 seconds thing didn't really work....unless Iw as doing it wrong?
Reply Quote
can someone edit first post and be more specific.

IE
Quest Name or Number
Step 1 , 2 , 3 etc.
Reply Quote
can someone edit first post and be more specific.

IE
Quest Name or Number
Step 1 , 2 , 3 etc.

Text guide is up <3
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 6/7/2012 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Man this is taking forever , rainbow cave I went into twice in a row , no chest , havent seen him since. caves of frost , forget about it
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Warrior
6 times into the rainbow cave still no liquid, 100s of games reset just to get in ffffFFFFFFFFFF

edit: 7th run in the cave and finally got it after 6 hours of farming
Edited by Roxanne#1154 on 5/27/2012 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
On farming Izual for the plans - I've done about 20 normal runs, both killing him right away and waiting 1 minutes before killing, and I've also done about 8 NM runs. Nothing so far - I'm sure he'll drop eventually, but just wanted to say for anyone else in my position, the tactics of waiting 1 minute and doing NM runs are not guaranteed.

NM runs are at least a little more entertaining and give some XP, though they take about twice as long at lvl 54.

Man, can't wait to kill me some unicorns!
Reply Quote
took about a hour and a half to farm all the mats. made the staff today and did a normal run. was fun but normal sucks when you are 60.

not enough gold for hell staff yet. i want to get it then farm there
Reply Quote
Yeah!
Reply Quote
Good guide , thumbs up , done the stuff in 2 hours
Reply Quote
If you upgrade your staff of herding to hell, can you not do the normal or nightmare whimseyshire runs anymore?
Edited by aaarrm#1309 on 5/28/2012 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
over an hour n half farming izual and no plans lol ... ahhh
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 03:04 PMPosted by aaarrm
If you upgrade your staff of herding to hell, can you not do the normal or nightmare whimseyshire runs anymore?

This is my question too. Anyone know?
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Jenkins

Yes, you can.

Shadowolves, i'm writing a little guide in the spanish forums.
Can i use your vids?
Reply Quote
Hey folks, take heart. you CAN get it, you can do it!

It took me a whole night, but i managed to get everything and make the staff. And i kept track of how many runs each item took.

Black Mushroom- 41 runs through Cathedral lvl 1
Wirt's bell- 1 run through act 2 normal, lol
Liquid rainbow- 4th time on rainbow cave. Spawned on first floor.
Gibbering gemstone- 141st time. Took me about 7 hours.
Leoric's shinbone- I dunno how high the droprate is for this, but i got it first try.
Plans- 34 runs. Took a while.

The droprates aren't the BEST, but it's worth it for those of you who want to invest the time and gold.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Jenkins

yes, you can -

Shadowolves, i'm writing a little guide in the spanish forums.
Can i use your vids?

I don't mind lol
Reply Quote
View profile
05/28/2012 03:42 PMPosted by DrunkenLoon
over an hour n half farming izual and no plans lol ... ahhh

I spent an hour at it and couldn't get them to drop either. I'm afraid of the gemstone!
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]