Diablo® III

** Staff of Herding **

Bump, trying to keep this post on front / second page is :(
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 6/18/2012 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No cows. Just unicorns, flowers, and teddy bears...
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 04:37 PMPosted by novadark
No cows. Just unicorns, flowers, and teddy bears...

^^
Reply Quote
Can the staff of herding be used repeatedly?
I mean, it's not like it's gonna break once used?
Reply Quote
whomever posted that these items have roughly a 25% spawn chance is *gravely* mistaken... I had to load the map atleast 50 times to get my liquid rainbow, and I have loaded act 3 around 100 times and still no gemstone...

sorry if I annoy anyone, but I felt I just had to vent :p
Reply Quote
I was playing my lvl53 wizard and tried 20 to 25 times on normal mode to get the gibbereing stone and finally got tired of that and changed to nightmare and got it first time..that was the hard thing to get for me...i got the nightmarish plans for the staff...all i need is the original plans for the staff...i got the rest of the stuff....i tried on normal mode to get it from izual about 10 times no luck..guess ill try it on nightmare and see what happens
Reply Quote
whomever posted that these items have roughly a 25% spawn chance is *gravely* mistaken... I had to load the map atleast 50 times to get my liquid rainbow, and I have loaded act 3 around 100 times and still no gemstone...

sorry if I annoy anyone, but I felt I just had to vent :p

who posted this? ._.

Can the staff of herding be used repeatedly?
I mean, it's not like it's gonna break once used?

yes, it can be used repeatedly.
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 6/18/2012 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have heard that "Team Unicorn" or the Pinata has a drop rate of 1:1000 for a unique.

Is that true ? Are there any stats of Mob drop rates?
Reply Quote
does the mushroom dissapere if you get it and lose it?
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 10:48 AMPosted by jofe4
does the mushroom dissapere if you get it and lose it?

How can you lose it?
By "losing" I think you mean dropping, and if you drop it, it doesn't disappear.

I have heard that "Team Unicorn" or the Pinata has a drop rate of 1:1000 for a unique.

Is that true ? Are there any stats of Mob drop rates?

anything has a chance to drop a unique.
The drop-rates are the same as Act 3 I believe.
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 6/18/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
From the "AMAA" that just went on over the weekend with the Blizz guys, Whimsy is not technically part of the story line. (big duh there) They did say however that in most instances the drops are the same as act IV. In Inferno they said act III/IV. So what ever you ahve the possibility of geting in those acts will drop for you in whimsy.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Don't even get this staff, it has a HUGE chance to be deleted from your stash/inventory. It just gets deleted, bug from blizzard, and they won't refund it. Look up some of the people's discussions on this bug it's a humongous loud of !@#$ btw.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
None of my friends, nor I have had the staff magically disappear. And if mine did, I'd be pretty ticked, since it's Infernal.

http://misteralex.net/whimsyshire.htm
Reply Quote
I had no clue about this pony level... happened to see whirts bell at a vendor, I'm on act 2 hell... anyways, came to this thread after that, thanks for posting this OP, really helped. I now have my staff at nightmare.

FWIW, got everything within 3-5 tries with the exception of the plans... that took about 25 runs to Izual.
Reply Quote
Okay so i have all the pieces except for the "Gibbering Gemstone"... I have been to "Cavern of frost level 2" 12 times now and no Chiltara... Please tell me im doing something wrong lol. This is getting annoying. Ohh well not gunna stop me from trying. Wish me luck yo
Reply Quote
.. What.... why..
hellish unlocks nightmare and norm
Reply Quote
Didn't bother checking every page of thread. I'm in Act IV, Hell. I have gemstone, mushroom, and plans now. If I hold off until Inferno to get shinbone, bell, and craft the staff, will I get an Infernal staff right off the bat? Or will I still have to upgrade it? Thx
Reply Quote
Don't even get this staff, it has a HUGE chance to be deleted from your stash/inventory. It just gets deleted, bug from blizzard, and they won't refund it. Look up some of the people's discussions on this bug it's a humongous loud of !@#$ btw.

The Staff of Herding can no longer be salvaged or dropped.
There is not a huge chance it will be deleted from your stash/inventory. I've had my staff of herding since 5/29/12. Never had a problem with it.

None of my friends, nor I have had the staff magically disappear. And if mine did, I'd be pretty ticked, since it's Infernal.

Please do NOT post your guides / other guides on my forum post, If you want to post it on your forum post I wouldn't care.

I had no clue about this pony level... happened to see whirts bell at a vendor, I'm on act 2 hell... anyways, came to this thread after that, thanks for posting this OP, really helped. I now have my staff at nightmare.

FWIW, got everything within 3-5 tries with the exception of the plans... that took about 25 runs to Izual.

<3

Okay so i have all the pieces except for the "Gibbering Gemstone"... I have been to "Cavern of frost level 2" 12 times now and no Chiltara... Please tell me im doing something wrong lol. This is getting annoying. Ohh well not gunna stop me from trying. Wish me luck yo

Good Luck - Chiltara doesn't like you! :O ^^

Didn't bother checking every page of thread. I'm in Act IV, Hell. I have gemstone, mushroom, and plans now. If I hold off until Inferno to get shinbone, bell, and craft the staff, will I get an Infernal staff right off the bat? Or will I still have to upgrade it? Thx

You need to do normal, nightmare, hell, then upgrade it to Inferno. This entire process takes 1,850,000 gold.
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 6/19/2012 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
6/19/2012
R.I.P Diablo III
I quit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]