Diablo® III

** Staff of Herding **

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Thread's a bit long so I didn't read it all, but I got the plans for nightmarish staff as a drop, I'm pretty sure it was from Izual, though it may have been from Diablo. I know it was one of those two anyways, I've never seen these vendors you mention.
Reply Quote
Thread's a bit long so I didn't read it all, but I got the plans for nightmarish staff as a drop, I'm pretty sure it was from Izual, though it may have been from Diablo. I know it was one of those two anyways, I've never seen these vendors you mention.

I only mentioned one vendor.
And he sells all 3, nightmare / hell / inferno.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Sorry, I wasn't questioning you on his existence, just saying I've never encountered him, to show I didn't get the plans that way.
Reply Quote
i have a situation... when i told my craftsman to learn the plan for staff of herding he accepted it and learned it... when i clicked to create it, the craftsman says that i have already created it and i also have already upgraded it to the nightmare difficulty even though i have no staff at all.... any help to this scenario would be greatly appreciated
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ok. So, now the Nightmarish Staff of Herding plans cost 20k? Anyone confirms that? :(
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Dríft
Sorry, I wasn't questioning you on his existence, just saying I've never encountered him, to show I didn't get the plans that way.

the vendor is in town ._.
Ok. So, now the Nightmarish Staff of Herding plans cost 20k? Anyone confirms that? :(

True.
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 6/19/2012 8:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm no longer going to be active on this forum because I'm quitting D3.
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 6/20/2012 12:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 12:38 AMPosted by Shadowolves
I'm no longer going to be active on this forum because I'm quitting D3.

what? sad to see you go man. Thanks for the posts.
Reply Quote
now the Hell Staff of herding plans cost 50k... how much do inferno plans cost now? :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i am having a hard time getting the liquid rainbow i have done over 120 runs now and have only seen the guy to rescue three times everytime i enter the cave he opens there is never a mysterious box i make sure i do full clear 3 times before leaving and starting a new one can the rainbow drop in nm mode or only in normal ???
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
15 MORE runs and still not showing up :(

at least i am averaging about 1,800 exp per run and 4,000 gold in nm runs even as a lvl 51 wizard
Reply Quote
Shin Bone: I found 'by accident' - I just clicked on the fireplace.

Black Mushroom: I've found several times, seems to be very easy to find.

Liquid Rainbow: I found the merchant twice in about 20 runs and the second time I found him (the twentieth run) there is was, in a Resplendent chest.

Gibbering Gemstone: The toughtest part was finding Caverns of Frost instead of Icefall, they only spawned 3 times for me in about 25 runs.

Staff of Herding Plans: I've run Izual about 10 to 15 times on Normal, nothing so far. Guess I'll just keep grinding :-)
Reply Quote
Thank you so much for the well laid out guide, I just got the liquid rainbow after 40+ runs. all the other ingredients were only a handfull of runs (except the Gibbering Gemstone which I got going through my 1st runthrough of the game and caused me to look up this thread at the beginning of the week).
Now I just have to start farming Izual for the plans and the crafting price.
Reply Quote
i feel like iv done 100 runs for the gemstone.. normal and nightmare.. stil no luck.. fuuuuu
Reply Quote
I'm running a Barb and a Monk at the same time and my barb didn't find this on the first playthrough but when I was catching my monk up, He did. sometimes you got to mix up things to reset the odds.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I am trying to get the plans I killed Izual and Diablo but no plans tried to go back to the Great span to kill again after restarting the game but no luck he is not here. Any clues to what I am doing wrong? I do not have Tyrial with me could that be the problem? If so how far back do I need to ge to get him? Thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
Hi there,
i'm doing this for second time, because first time i go to pony level and then stuff dissappear. first time 2 hour for collect all items. second run 6 hours - 5 items collected - Herding already know create staff so ...

but if the staff is in inventory. no magic find stats is updated:(
Edited by orbiq#2209 on 6/24/2012 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
if anyone needs an ingredient, let me know i have extras for sale...
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 03:58 PMPosted by newb
The staff isn't usable by all characters, as in, you can't equip it on a barbarian and access the unicorn level with that character, which means I've wasted a lot of time leveling my main as a barbarian, in hopes of clearing the level on it, only to find out I can't get to the damn thing.

thats not how it works, you dont have to equipped it just have it with you when you find the cow ghost. any class can go to whimsyshire
Reply Quote
What are the chances of getting a lvl 63 item in hell and inferno secret level?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]