Diablo® III

** Staff of Herding **

I have the staff of herding in my inventory but the cow king do not appear.
Whats wrong
Reply Quote
the layout for every level changes every time. thats y it took so long to create diablo III. Duh.
Reply Quote
i've crafted staff of herding and went to the pit.
no cow king appeared. what to do?
Reply Quote
By the way its not act 4 it is act 5
Reply Quote
to the OP: Thank you for that first post.
Reply Quote
How do I get rid of the plan?

My blacksmith already knows the plan. I can't throw it out, can't salvage it, can't sell it to a vendor.
Reply Quote
create a mule, put it in his inventory, then delete the mule.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
to the OP: Thank you for that first post.

:)
Reply Quote
I finally got the Gibbering Gemstone. I have been trying for three days maybe 10 hours a day and no chillara. I got lots of gold and an excess of rares and gems, but no joy but the ugly was finally there. (It gave me a few magics and some gems and gold, too -I have read some posts say chillara ONLY drops Gemstone.)
Thanks to Shadowolves for the great description (and to all the posters). I often wondered if the thing was really there but I REALLY want to go to mess up some unicorns.

BTW: When I did the Liquid Rainbow in Act2 I went for several hours (50 reloads easy) without ever seeing the old alchemist or the dungeon but (thx to you) I knew exactly what I was looking for. When he finally did appear and I did the dungeon but no Liquid Rainbow I was more than a little frustrated... I re-entered the dungeon and not far from the entry was the mysterious chest and I got my Liquid Rainbow. If I hadn't double checked I would have missed out.
Reply Quote
I have 3 plan of herding? And I just began infernal, I found one in act 4 off ofan huge elite not . so I am not sure what they are talking about I am sure u can get it from elite mobs in infernal, I dunno maybe someone in my party dropped it which I dont think it's possible
Reply Quote
not to make anyone mad (specifically the ones who havent found the first plans yet) but i got the plans from izual on the first try, excluding the story kills.
i made the infernal staff and did whimsyshire on mp8, that was interesting getting killed by bears and ponies lol
Reply Quote
Hey has any one had any luck getting the normal plans to drop off Diablo? The wiki says they can. Plus I'm finding farming Diablo is a bit faster, for me at least, then running through the mobs to get to Izual.
Reply Quote
33 Worgen Druid
can someone help me farm the stone?
Reply Quote
I made staff of herding went to old tristam road. However that cow bones or dead cow I couldnt see ! over it cant talk with it please help me :(
Reply Quote
I erased a game that contained the liquid rainbow, and the plans, and now I can´t regain those ítems ... i have the sin bone, the black mushroom, and the gem Stone, but i can´t gain those two ítems, what can I do to regain them ? .... anybody ?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
Step 1 - Acquiring the Items

- Item Locations -

- Plans: Staff of Herding - Act 4 - Izual
- Start a Normal game on Act 4 Quest 4 Part 1, Do the quest like normal.
- Once you reach Izual - Kill him and hope the Plans: Staff of Herding drop.

It is worth noting that the Plans: Staff of Herding is a Legendary item and when it drops, it is well marked; an orange-brown pillar of light, an orange-brown Legendary item label, and a Legendary item star mark on the mini-map.

In order to make the staff, you have to teach them to Haedrig Eamon. You have to have trained at least one level of blacksmithing to use these plans. Go to the Blacksmith Haedrig Eamon, select training, buy a level of training if you have none, and then 'use' the plans in order to train him.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 03:58 PMPosted by newb
The staff isn't usable by all characters, as in, you can't equip it on a barbarian and access the unicorn level with that character, which means I've wasted a lot of time leveling my main as a barbarian, in hopes of clearing the level on it, only to find out I can't get to the damn thing.

It Does not Need to Be Equipped just in your possession.

Good Luck in-game
;)
Reply Quote
Been farming on and off since release for the liquid rainbow... Nothing. Does this even drop... ffs.

Hours and hours wasting away..... ffs.
Edited by Donut#1835 on 5/22/2013 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
Been farming on and off since release for the liquid rainbow... Nothing. Does this even drop... ffs.

Hours and hours wasting away..... ffs.

Yes, it drops. I've gotten three; one today.

Go to Dahlgur Oasis using the Path to the Oasis way point. Follow the path, and when it opens up, stay on the south wall. In a short distance, there is a stub path to the right. Take it into the cluster of buildings. If the merchant is being attacked there, defend him and take his quest. He'll open the Mysterious Cave. If he is not there, reload. (There is a second identical stub to the north east, but it is quicker to farm just this one.)

Inside the cave, a Resplendent Chest sometimes drops the Liquid Rainbow.
Reply Quote
This is so frustrating, I'm at about 70 restarts and I still couldn't get the plans ]:
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]