Diablo® III

** Staff of Herding **

05/21/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Shadowolves
Kite?

No, she can't kill me, either.

Seriously, blizz is playing a joke on us. She has the Illusionist ability, and whenever she splits, her current and max health get multiplied. You'll do damage, but there is absolutely no way to keep up with her health gain.

I heard something about a forum post in which someone griped about the secret level and said something like "I'll be pissed if we don't get to fight Princess Stardust." I think we're getting trolled for some angry forumites response. :P Hell, the whole damn level is a finger in the eye of all the people that griped about Diablo being too cartoony.
Edited by SgtScooter#1108 on 5/21/2012 4:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 04:12 AMPosted by SgtScooter
Have any of the secret level attendees here run into Princess Stardust? I'm trying to figure out if there is some way to actually kill her.

im 99.9% sure me and a buddy messed up Princess Stardust on our Nightmare runthrough. we were talking about it with another friend and we found it odd that it was named as such, since all the other names of the yellows were so demonic and crude. anyways, between freezing and stunning im almost positive we vanquished her.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 05:50 AMPosted by Phat07
im 99.9% sure me and a buddy messed up Princess Stardust on our Nightmare runthrough. we were talking about it with another friend and we found it odd that it was named as such, since all the other names of the yellows were so demonic and crude. anyways, between freezing and stunning im almost positive we vanquished her.

Her name was also the same color as a miniboss (purple). I imagine that you'd have to stunlock the crap out of her to keep her from splitting.
Edited by SgtScooter#1108 on 5/21/2012 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Upgrading to hell staff is 500 000
Reply Quote
I can't find the 1g plans to upgrade the staff. I have been trying over and over at vendor in act III closer to arsenal door and there are never there...

Am I missing something?

ty in advance
Reply Quote
I can't find the 1g plans to upgrade the staff. I have been trying over and over at vendor in act III closer to arsenal door and there are never there...

Am I missing something?

ty in advance

*edit* Correction: Go back after beating Diablo. I thought I had done it sooner, but I may be misremembering.
Edited by SgtScooter#1108 on 5/21/2012 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The upgrade if it was not posted (for hell) anyway, set yourself on the final quest of hell to kill diablo then go back to town and buy it from the same guy you got the nightmare version.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 04:21 PMPosted by bayside
Ive literally done 72 runs of Izual, have Nightmarish and Hellish, but cannot find the stupid normal staff of herding, I have been doing dual runs (i run it myself, then join in with a friend as soon as he is there) is there any way to make this easier....

I have the same problem. I have all the items, multiple copies of the NM plans, but I cannot get the normal plans.
Reply Quote
ok so i made the staff.... the i droped it with the rest of my whites... :( and reset. no more staff. booo

Has anyone done this? are you able to reloot the rare items to make another one? I have been farming for the mushroom for over a hour now. Rly hope i can get those items.
Edited by vIgGeN#1342 on 5/21/2012 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the nightmare herding staff plan, but didn't get the normal version. is that okay? or will i have to farm the normal plan? I killed izeul on normal but the shop keeper didn't have the normal version to sell afterwards like they did on nightmare mode.
Reply Quote
ok so i made the staff.... the i droped it with the rest of my whites... :( and reset. no more staff. booo

Has anyone done this? are you able to reloot the rare items to make another one? I have been farming for the mushroom for over a hour now. Rly hope i can get those items.

Yes...

05/21/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Sins
I have the nightmare herding staff plan, but didn't get the normal version. is that okay? or will i have to farm the normal plan? I killed izeul on normal but the shop keeper didn't have the normal version to sell afterwards like they did on nightmare mode.

You need the normal plans.
Reply Quote
and the normal plans are just a rare drop from the boss?
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Sins
and the normal plans are just a rare drop from the boss?

I got my Normal Plans from Izual, Kill #1.
Reply Quote
i have gotten the plans in normal and nightmare but am farming the mats in hell. can i just get hell mats to make the hell staff? I tried to learn the nightmare plans after learning the plans in normal and it won't let me...

thanks.
Reply Quote
i have gotten the plans in normal and nightmare but am farming the mats in hell. can i just get hell mats to make the hell staff? I tried to learn the nightmare plans after learning the plans in normal and it won't let me...

thanks.

I had no problems with this.
If you already learned the normal plans, and can't learn the nightmare plans, you might have to open a ticket, and talk to the best people in the world :)

Ok this is my first time playing Diablo, currently I'm in Act 2 Nightmare at the oasis part where the liquid gold merchant supposedly is. I quit the game and it restarted me at the waypoint there. Is that reseting anything?, because I've been trying that to continuously go back and forth from his location.

Also, is there a way to go back to retrieve the previous items while still maintaining my current gear? or do I need to try and get them in hell mode on that run through?

I would really appreciate any help here, thanks!

If the map is still explored, you didn't reset.
Change from Normal to Nightmare, stay on the same quest, then click start, then go check for the vendor, if he's not there, change from Nightmare to Normal. Continue doing this until you have your item, Good Luck!

Previous items...? I think you mean like, if you got the shinbone on normal and the liquid rainbow on hell, do I have to collect the Liquid rainbow on normal, the answer is no, you do not.
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/21/2012 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Inferno staff is 1,000,000 Gold
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Stevenn
Inferno staff is 1,000,000 Gold

Thank you :)
Do you know the name? Infernoish, inferno staff of herding?
Reply Quote
I keep getting an error while trying to update this guide :(
This page contains the following errors:
error on line 4238 at column 4: PCDATA invalid Char value 30
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/21/2012 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]