Diablo® III

** Staff of Herding **

05/23/2012 10:34 AMPosted by ViktorDriv
I was wondering, once you upgrade it to Nightmare, can you still use it on Normal? I didnt see anyone mention this on here yet.

I upgraded the staff to Nightmare, and I'm having no problem using it on Normal.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Is the secret level still the hardest within it's difficulty setting? You'd get better drops from normal whimsy then normal act IV, etc.
Reply Quote
I'd say they're not as bad as act IV mobs on their difficulty. That's mostly because they're not clumped as much, and they don't have ranged abilities. Still, I wouldn't get yourself surrounded.
Edited by SgtScooter#1108 on 5/23/2012 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I was wondering, once you upgrade it to Nightmare, can you still use it on Normal? I didnt see anyone mention this on here yet.

Yes.

05/23/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Zakai
I have everything for this, but will not be crafting it until it stops disappearing from peoples inventories.

I crafted my hell staff already, It's only gold.

NukemDukem

Gtfo scrub.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Shadowolves

Yes.

05/23/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Zakai
I have everything for this, but will not be crafting it until it stops disappearing from peoples inventories.

I crafted my hell staff already, It's only gold.

NukemDukem

Gtfo scrub.

Well to some of us who were forced to reroll at 45, we dont have buukus of bucks... Haha
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Zakai
Well to some of us who were forced to reroll at 45, we dont have buukus of bucks... Haha

Why are you 'forced' to reroll?

NukemDukem If you're going to post your videos on my thread, I'm just going to keep reporting you. If you need the views that bad, open your own thread.
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/23/2012 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
anyone here know whether or not the hell secret level drops the same stuff as the inferno acts? or do inferno acts have better drops?
Reply Quote
This has probably already been covered but if I have the Hell staff plans can I make the hell staff and use it? Or do I HAVE to start with the normal staff and upgrade it....
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 12:01 PMPosted by solo
anyone here know whether or not the hell secret level drops the same stuff as the inferno acts? or do inferno acts have better drops?

Do the level and find out... stop coming here and asking this...

05/23/2012 12:33 PMPosted by BBJordo
This has probably already been covered but if I have the Hell staff plans can I make the hell staff and use it? Or do I HAVE to start with the normal staff and upgrade it....

Nightmare needs normal
Hell needs nightmare
Inferno needs hell.
You NEED to start with normal.
Reply Quote
actually its my first time here and a simple yes or no could have answered my question but I guess you're either a scumbag or don't know the answer yourself.

I actually just finished it and it only drops hell loot for others who are wondering the same

Cool story bro.
If only there was a way... to know, that hell, drop hell loot?
Edited by Shadowolves#1227 on 5/23/2012 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Hunter
Inferno difficulty staff is same as getting others + 1 million gold
Reply Quote
You can also bring your friends with you into whimsyshire. They do not need to hold the staff. If you are lvl 60, I recommend you hunt out all the elite packs to stack NV before doing all other stuff.

bring 3 friends = 3 times more loot. woot
Reply Quote
After what it seems like eternity , was wondering if Chitara had migrated lol..
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Just thought I would add my total runs here for people.

Black mushroom: 11 runs
Shinbone: 10 runs
Liquid Rainbow: 12 runs
Gibbering Gemstone: 2nd run
Wirts vendor: 1st time (not sure if the vendor is always there or not).

I had killed Azual about 40 times (power leveling) before the plan dropped. It dropped on Nightmare difficulty.

Total cost for the normal mode staff is 150,000g.
Upgrade to Nightmare was another 200,000.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
120+ kills and no staff plans? This is getting silly stupid!
Edited by Mangroas#1381 on 5/23/2012 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Farming Izual on norm, and still no staff plans. Anyone know the standard % for these things to drop?

Mushrooms took 10 remakes to find, liquid rainbow I got on my first try, as with the shinbone and even finding the caverns of frost and chilltarra. So yeah, got lucky on those but these damned plans are failing to drop.
Reply Quote
Fml these plans....... The initial plans are definitely only a drop?
Reply Quote
odd. I got the plans on normal after my 2nd or 3rd defeat of Izual. The Gibbering Gemstone, on the other hand, took like 40 or so tries.
Reply Quote
got my plans on the first normal playthrough w/o even trying to farm it... but now i'm having a hell of a time trying to get the *%!%head in the oasis to spawn so i can get the liquid rainbow...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]