Diablo® III

Ummm...all of my gold and items are gone

Just logged on for the first time today and all of my gold and items are gone. What just happened? Did I get hacked? I never visit sketchy sites and I don't think my laptop has any viruses...
Reply Quote
Jesus blizzard really dropped the ball on this whole security thing
Reply Quote
Yep. Join the club, friend. It happened to me too.
Reply Quote
Did u usr invisible dye ?
Reply Quote
Yep. Just got hacked too while I was playing. 15 mins ago.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 08:54 PMPosted by BuckNasty

Uhh no. People dropped the ball on their own security thing. ALL accounts that are compromised are the users fault in some way, shape or form.
Edited by Lunchbox#1884 on 5/20/2012 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/20/2012 08:59 PMPosted by MystiKasT
and internet explorer.

Well, there's your problem.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Lunchbox

Uhh no. People dropped the ball on their own security thing. ALL accounts that are compromised are the users fault in some way, shape or form.

Going to assume you are just trolling
Reply Quote
Hello all,

I had my diablo 3 account hacked today. All my items gone and gold liquidated. Blizzard rolled it back to where I was a day and a half before. Meaning I lost around 20 hours of game time play. Not only that, but from what I've read, it seems to be blizzard's fault. My password is a random combination of capitalized and uncapitalized letters, numbers, and special characters. My security question answer is also unknowable by anyone but me.

I was told I'd have to use an authenticator now to use the Real money auction house, and if it happened again, my account would be banned from the RMAH. What is up with that? Blizzard has security flaws and I get punished? So ontop of losing 20 hours of gameplay, I have to use an authenticator to login to my account now, and am teetering on the edge of never using the RMAH? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

I just reformatted this computer in anticipation for diablo 3. I have no programs on here but diablo 3, an EVGA overclocker, and internet explorer. I'm also on a secure wired connection, with a legitimate copy of windows 7. I know my stuff, I majored in comp sci in college. Don't treat me like an idiot. This is not my fault.
\

The security flaws are your own. You didn't protect yourself enough. I didn't have an authenticator for 8 years, never been hacked, ever.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Tyrael
Did u usr invisible dye ?

Its weird that you say that, because I have invis dye'd all my stuff. Just before logging off and going to bed only to see all my stuff/gold is gone. but then again it could just be coincidence.
im also not convinced that its a hacker group doing this. Most likely a major bug.

all of this is being discussed in http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149008518
Edited by Sluttles#1874 on 5/20/2012 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
wow this has got to be the most amazing failed launch in gaming histroy lol never seen anything like it
Reply Quote

Nope, not at all. Security issues are caused by: Trojans, people who use the login credentials on another site, sharing accounts, logging in to clone sites. THIS IS THE USERS FAULT.
Edited by Lunchbox#1884 on 5/20/2012 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was just playin about 15 min ago. I was jus playin like any other day, came across a zombie with over 900k hp.. Left the game and havent been able to log on since then...
Reply Quote
buddys account got hacked 2 days ago as well, security sucks
Reply Quote
It's not blizzards fault you morons got hacked, you should have bought/used an authenticator.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 08:54 PMPosted by BuckNasty

Yeah. They should have a Blizzard employee stand next to you at your desk and slap you whenever you try to click a bad link or fall for a phishing scam. After all, it is totally their responsibility to keep YOUR account safe. They don't offer a damn near fail safe and free security fob.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Abigdeal
wow this has got to be the most amazing failed launch in gaming histroy lol never seen anything like it

I think you should look at SWTOR, it was worse on launch day than it was here.
Reply Quote

Nope, not at all. Security issues are caused by: Trojans, people who use the login credentials on another site, sharing accounts, logging in to clone sites. THIS IS THE USERS FAULT.

My computer is completely virus free and I did not do ANY of those things, nor have I ever. I've never been hacked in my life and now all of a sudden I happen to be one of the many unlucky people who all got hacked around the same time. Blizzard really failed here
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]