Diablo® III

Ummm...all of my gold and items are gone

05/20/2012 08:48 PMPosted by BuckNasty
Just logged on for the first time today and all of my gold and items are gone. What just happened? Did I get hacked? I never visit sketchy sites and I don't think my laptop has any viruses...

From the amount of people posting this exact thing from accounts with authenticators I am sure it's a server bug.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Starbird
Just logged on for the first time today and all of my gold and items are gone. What just happened? Did I get hacked? I never visit sketchy sites and I don't think my laptop has any viruses...

From the amount of people posting this exact thing from accounts with authenticators I am sure it's a server bug.

Except at least three specific people have been identified as involved with this mass thievery. I'm going to guess Blizzard already has their accounts flagged and are watching this. People are getting their stuff back so no real loss here.
Reply Quote
Did you google these forums and then login in with your password on the top result? I thought some guy said the top page from google for these forums was a fake that some guy used it to grab passwords. I think he reported to blizz though and they said they would do something.
Edited by oscuro#1948 on 5/20/2012 10:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
im sorry but all these idiots saying 'get an authenticator' is giving useless advice, people with authenticators were hacked too. So stop posting useless rubbish that doesnt help anyone or resolve this issue.
Reply Quote
Don't use general chat all they need is your battletag name and your hacked, blizz has a huge hole in their security...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/20/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Meteora

I think you should look at SWTOR, it was worse on launch day than it was here.

swotr had a way better launch...wtf?

AHAHAHAHAHAH

No. Not even close. SWTOR's launch was just as bad as the rest of the game, if not worse because of the hundreds of thousands of people from the beta posting about how their feedback was completely ignored.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
A lot (if not most) major anti virus programs will not stop keyloggers and other forms of malware. You need a malware scanner (realtime)--and more importantly--a script blocker for your browser if you're going to play games like these.
Reply Quote
An authenticator cost about $8 in the Blizzard store. You don't need a smartphone, however the smartphone app is free.
Reply Quote
my account was hacked also , the games !@#$ed everythings %^-*ed blizzards idea of helping is not to restore your account to moments before the hack but to just rewind your whole !@#$ing game at least 12 hours losing 10 + hours of grinding hell. enough to make us all just %^-*ing quit
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Daksani
I think you should look at SWTOR, it was worse on launch day than it was here.

Agreed... SWTOR took the cake when it came to failed launches

If by took the cake you meant worked perfectly then ok. Face it blizz fangirls the launch of this game has been a joke all the way through.
Reply Quote
Did everyone check to make sure that the server was set to their home region? I had read earlier that some people "fixed" the "hacking" issue when they found they were logging into a different region.

For some reason, a naked, goldless version of their character still showed up on the character screen in regions that were not their home. But when they found out they were in the wrong region, they switched back and found their character there in tact. Give it a try.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
HERE'S THE THING:

What is more likely?

A) Blizzard itself being hacked, and your encrypted passwords/etc being stolen...
B) YOU being hacked and have your information logged or taken?

Which is more likely. Be honest. Which is EASIER to do? Really?
Reply Quote
This happened to me too, all of my gold and items are gone.
Reply Quote
Again, check to see if you're on the right region. I heard some people's region got switched after a patch. If it doesn't work, report back saying so. It's a shot in the dark, but who knows.
Reply Quote

swotr had a way better launch...wtf?

AHAHAHAHAHAH

No. Not even close. SWTOR's launch was just as bad as the rest of the game, if not worse because of the hundreds of thousands of people from the beta posting about how their feedback was completely ignored.

No. SWTOR had a textbook perfect launch. Launch is about uptime, not about how someone didnt like a class.
Reply Quote
HERE'S THE THING:

What is more likely?

A) Blizzard itself being hacked, and your encrypted passwords/etc being stolen...

Honestly, with the authenticator I use.. even if i got hacked...it is still on blizzard because it is their authenticator.
Reply Quote
HERE'S THE THING:

What is more likely?

B is more likely, and I'm pretty sure it's what is happing to most people here.
but this not exclude that A could happen. There is no need to passwords if you found the right expoit in their security.
There are at least 5 reports of hacked account with an authenticator attached that contacted blizzard support and the answer was "your account was not compromised, only your IP connected to our servers".
Edited by SirBigmark#2202 on 5/21/2012 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]