Diablo® III

Ummm...all of my gold and items are gone

I'm starting to guess that this is a server communication issue, not a hacking issue
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
If you like your game and don't want it hacked, get an authenticator. Download the FREE ONE for iOS or Droid, or shell out like $5 for one that goes on your keychain.
It is simple.

Not EVERYONE who is hacked will have some sort of Trojan software, but MOST will. The majority of the rest of hacked users will have stupid and generic dictionary passwords. There may be SOME that are brute forced, but strong passwords won't likely be retrieved this way. It is much more likely that it is the user's fault for being hacked than not.

Again, get an authenticator now or cry later. There is no reason to not have one on your account.

(Though my favorite given reason is "BUT THEN MY BUDDY JIMMY CANT USE MY ACCOUNT")
Those players are who I assume complain the most about blizzard's "fail" security....... :)
Reply Quote
So it's my fault for trusting Blizzard and playing their game ONLINE on their TERMS, where they control everything and I don't even own the game. Guess what, if they had allowed people to play offline instead of getting greedy and horny for controll I would've never been hacked.
Reply Quote
All the the nay sayers posting in this thread about how the players are at fault for not having authenticators or making their PWs hard enough are trolling.

Anybody willing to put in the research will see that this is a HUGE issue that is hitting account with AND without Authenticators.

The hack is bypassing it all and getting right it.

Theres even one poster who believes (from following all the thread sand piecing it together, so this is only speculation) that with the B.net tag on our forum names they can get right to our accounts using them as points of reference to our info.

Another posted about hacking his buddies account (with his buddy standing over him watching) and bypassing the account name (email addy) and PW

EDIT: To Reiterate... AUTHENTICATOR ACCOUNTS ARE GETTING HACKED TOO
Edited by Daemonne#1802 on 5/21/2012 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Going to assume you are just trolling

Nope, not at all. Security issues are caused by: Trojans, people who use the login credentials on another site, sharing accounts, logging in to clone sites. THIS IS THE USERS FAULT.

In most cases I would agree, but this time its actually a flaw in D3 battle.net. People can gain access to your account with some exploits or hack which bypasses all authenticators on an account. They basically hijack your connection with battle.net and ultimately take over your session with battle.net, a good example would be taking over another users RDP session.
Reply Quote

Nope, not at all. Security issues are caused by: Trojans, people who use the login credentials on another site, sharing accounts, logging in to clone sites. THIS IS THE USERS FAULT.

In most cases I would agree, but this time its actually a flaw in D3 battle.net. People can gain access to your account with some exploits or hack which bypasses all authenticators on an account. They basically hijack your connection with battle.net and ultimately take over your session with battle.net, a good example would be taking over another users RDP session.

Please don't make things up, and please, please, please don't post other people's made up things as if they're your own.

Some people have definitely been compromised (on their end), and some people are definitely experiencing a bug (not on their end). Two different problems.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149539239

It looks like that idea of jumping in games might hold water here. I would avoid public games until Blue makes their post confirming/denying this vulnerability.
Reply Quote
Here is the funny thing about the hacked thing. All of you have logged into this forum which is on open internet AND gives away your username and password should somebody outside be monitoring. That being said, I will bet that EVERYONE hacked played a PUBLIC game at one point. I keep with my specific friends and play Co-Op so am not exposed to that sort of rubbish. So once again, the problem lies with the user doing something that seems normal, but Blizzard has not got a handle on.

BTW...RMAH? Stupid idea. Just play the game and work on what you get. Craft things that are incredible and you will go very far. In my eyes, RMAH makes Diablo 3 nothing more than a Facebook game.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
All the the nay sayers posting in this thread about how the players are at fault for not having authenticators or making their PWs hard enough are trolling.

Having an opinion is NOT TROLLING.
I have yet to see one person with a legit claim who has an authenticator that has been hacked. Though it MAY BE true, random people posting online without pictures or video never constitutes proof.

Even if it turns out that there is currently some flaw on blizzard's side (unconfirmed) that is allowing unauthorized access, people should use strong passwords AND use an authenticator.
Nothing changes this fact.

There is going to be a large percentage of people that ARE affected by Trojans, ARE affected by keyloggers, and ARE going to share their passwords with friends, and then complain about blizzards security when "hacked". These people are not going to have an authenticator.

That may or may not not be the case for the current "outbreak" of hacked accounts. Maybe there is indeed some issue on blizzards end, but if you take a look at the history of all hacked battle.net accounts over the past 5 years and the next 5 years, the MAJORITY will be due to keyloggers on accounts without an authenticator.

People here that say "they deserved to get hacked" are trolling.
People who are saying "GET AN AUTHENTICATOR" are trying to help.

Just get one. Use common security best practices. It is not hard.

Think of it like this....

If you have Antivirus software, you might still get a virus, though the chances of getting one are GREATLY decreased.

Why not do the best you can to protect your account.

Also, to the person who was referring to "man in the middle" attacks, stop posting random bullcrap you read about once on the internet.
Reply Quote
Lunchbox, seriosuly? All my stuff is gone too... for you to say it's my fault is ridiculous. When masses of people are having the same problem, DAYS after a game is publicly lauched, it's not the individual users fault. I used a password I have never used before... so I wouldn't type it into any other web form. The fact you are backing up Blizzard is sad.
Reply Quote
My account is hacked too, i have a player named Maha in recent players and he whisps me something about hacking in German, i have never played with him, i hope blizzard will give me all my gold and equips back or i want my money back -.-
Reply Quote
Are all these idiots who advocate an authenticator working for the authenticator company?

And sure if it was JUST $6.50 then it wouldn't be that big a deal but if you are in Australia you are up for an additional nearly $21 to get it shipped here. What a joke. Plus I'll have three copies of D3 here in this house when the other two come into stock at the local Dick Smith so what, I need three authenticators and three lots of shipping. Get real.

And as for that smartphone app... pfft. I don't do mobile phones AT ALL let alone have a smart phone.

So far I have only played D3 in single player mode, the only D3 stuff I've accessed is in these forums, and I don't do duplicators or any of that rubbish. If I get hacked it won't be because of anything I have done. It could be a security flaw in Windows 7, I'd believe that. I'd also believe a security flaw in Battlenet. I'm not discounting that it may be simply stupid users but then again it may not. I'll be watching the outcome though with interest. Might have to tell Blizzard to stick their game where the sun doesn't shine.
Reply Quote
When people say that it's the player's fault, how come this never happened in WoW? I may be wrong there since I didn't play WoW when it came out, but I'm doubting when it was released there was a ton of player's reporting to be hacked. So, I'm going to say no it's not the player's fault. Some kind of bug or problem on Blizzard's end. Sure, maybe a couple of them were because the player was being stupid with their accounts, but there's not THAT many stupid people.
Edited by LifeOnRepeat#1306 on 5/22/2012 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Warrior
Hello all,

I had my diablo 3 account hacked today. All my items gone and gold liquidated. Blizzard rolled it back to where I was a day and a half before. Meaning I lost around 20 hours of game time play. Not only that, but from what I've read, it seems to be blizzard's fault. My password is a random combination of capitalized and uncapitalized letters, numbers, and special characters. My security question answer is also unknowable by anyone but me.

I was told I'd have to use an authenticator now to use the Real money auction house, and if it happened again, my account would be banned from the RMAH. What is up with that? Blizzard has security flaws and I get punished? So ontop of losing 20 hours of gameplay, I have to use an authenticator to login to my account now, and am teetering on the edge of never using the RMAH? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

I just reformatted this computer in anticipation for diablo 3. I have no programs on here but diablo 3, an EVGA overclocker, and internet explorer. I'm also on a secure wired connection, with a legitimate copy of windows 7. I know my stuff, I majored in comp sci in college. Don't treat me like an idiot. This is not my fault.

You are an idiot. This is your fault. You got keylogged after you visited a sketchy site. If you actually had brains, you would have an authenticator already.
Reply Quote
I remember all the people who said "lol it's you're fault!" when Rift had all those accounts stolen, and it turned out to be an exploit that let people log onto any account.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 09:13 PMPosted by MystiKasT
Do you idiots know what reformatiing is? My computer has nothing on it but Diablo 3 and internet explorer which I use to ONLY go on these forums. So tell me, where did I mess up? Freaking RETARDS. Get off of blizzard's rooster!

You messed up by using IE instead of Chrome or Firefox.
Reply Quote
It's frustrating that people here automatically assume it's the user's fault. Ever consider that maybe Blizzard has a security hole somewhere?
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Codester
It's frustrating that people here automatically assume it's the user's fault. Ever consider that maybe Blizzard has a security hole somewhere?

Of course not, Blizzard = God!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]