Diablo® III

Ummm...all of my gold and items are gone

What's with all the speculation about hacking? Wasn't it already established that if you join a public game you show up on some list and become hackable without needing your password or authenticator? I'm pretty sure this has been a known issue for several days now.
Reply Quote
you know, most of the people who got "hacked" were probably already infected with keyloggers before they ever installed the game, stop blaming Blizzard
Reply Quote
1st i never played public game, to be exact i played 1 game with 1 rl friend
2nd over 10 years of gaming, sometimes in games that have heavy account hacking history and my passwords never failled
3rd my pc is not pentagon, that can be done too, but preaty secured

so there is only one conclusion for me... b.net or blizz db leaks like hell
Reply Quote
Lost all of my gold as well... all equipments still here tho, but i guess its because im low leveled :/ tho i did put a lot of time to get my 78k of gold..

My password was a random serie of caps, uncaps and numbers, i really doubt anyone could have guessed that. Also, my computer is brand new and completely secure, got firewalls and antivirus and all, it is completely clean. I am about 98% sure that seeing how many people are affected by this, this isnt only players being stupid about sharing accounts or using bad passwords all at the same time..

My friend said i somewhat connected at 11h30 but didnt answer, i was at work at this time though. i guess i'm off to fill a ticket :/
Reply Quote
To all the fanboys blaming the users, get off your high horse. Don't get all high and mighty because your account has never been hacked.

All of my characters are gone, I've been playing online games for over 12 years, I know how it works. I havent visited any dodgy phishing website, i havent got a weak password, I havent revealed my password to anyone else. I certainly dont have a trojan either.

Explain all the news articles on Google news (3300 articles related to 'diablo 3 hacked'). There is alot of news on this.

Explain why so many people are reporting their accounts have been hacked all of a sudden.

Explain why people with authenticators have been hacked.

Moronic arrogant fanboys blinded by whats happened. Sorry guys, I don't want to hurt your feelings but this is 110% Blizzard.
Reply Quote
To all the fanboys blaming the users, get off your high horse. Don't get all high and mighty because your account has never been hacked.

All of my characters are gone, I've been playing online games for over 12 years, I know how it works. I havent visited any dodgy phishing website, i havent got a weak password, I havent revealed my password to anyone else. I certainly dont have a trojan either.

Explain all the news articles on Google news (3300 articles related to 'diablo 3 hacked'). There is alot of news on this.

Explain why so many people are reporting their accounts have been hacked all of a sudden.

Explain why people with authenticators have been hacked.

Moronic arrogant fanboys blinded by whats happened. Sorry guys, I don't want to hurt your feelings but this is 110% Blizzard.

+1
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
1 and a half days and 20 hours played? do you even sleep? you really shouldn't play that much, it's not good for you

05/20/2012 08:59 PMPosted by MystiKasT
I had my diablo 3 account hacked today. All my items gone and gold liquidated. Blizzard rolled it back to where I was a day and a half before. Meaning I lost around 20 hours of game time play.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

Going to assume you are just trolling

Nope, not at all. Security issues are caused by: Trojans, people who use the login credentials on another site, sharing accounts, logging in to clone sites. THIS IS THE USERS FAULT.

All posts of this type are given a "thumbs up" by blizzard and the poster is compensated. Even though if you call customer service and describe what the OP said the CS rep will say..oh ok yeah you were hacked.

Also if you played wow for 6 yrs with an auth. and all of a sudden you installed D3 and your D3 account got hacked..then yeah the harlequin who says its your fault is correct..its your fault for installing D3.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Noone in this thread who was "hacked" has stated they have an authenticator
Reply Quote
Hello all,

I had my diablo 3 account hacked today. All my items gone and gold liquidated. Blizzard rolled it back to where I was a day and a half before. Meaning I lost around 20 hours of game time play. Not only that, but from what I've read, it seems to be blizzard's fault. My password is a random combination of capitalized and uncapitalized letters, numbers, and special characters. My security question answer is also unknowable by anyone but me.

I was told I'd have to use an authenticator now to use the Real money auction house, and if it happened again, my account would be banned from the RMAH. What is up with that? Blizzard has security flaws and I get punished? So ontop of losing 20 hours of gameplay, I have to use an authenticator to login to my account now, and am teetering on the edge of never using the RMAH? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

I just reformatted this computer in anticipation for diablo 3. I have no programs on here but diablo 3, an EVGA overclocker, and internet explorer. I'm also on a secure wired connection, with a legitimate copy of windows 7. I know my stuff, I majored in comp sci in college. Don't treat me like an idiot. This is not my fault.
\

The security flaws are your own. You didn't protect yourself enough. I didn't have an authenticator for 8 years, never been hacked, ever.

THIS is exactly what I said, prior to getting hacked this morning.
Reply Quote
What seems to be happening here is similar to an old WoW exploit that utilized WPE pro packet sniffer/stream filtering software. It stopped working on WoW when they rolled out Warden, but there is no Warden for Diablo III...

More info here: http://www.deathsoft.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17986
Reply Quote
authenticator or not, if there was a breach in blizzard's security I think we still deserve some sort of refund. Authenticator is just a plus in the security that is pretty effective but should not be ''needed''. Accounts should be secure with or without the authenticator. Thus having it would have avoided all of this processus, but not having it does not deserve us to assume the consequences of doing nothing wrong. you CAN buy a plus, you shouldn't be NEEDED to buy one. (or add, before someone tells me l0l0l m4t3 it5 fr33)

Personally I filled a ticket now, and until this is solved i don't really feel my account is safe even if I changed my password after the incident, so I am not playing. I hope I can play this game soon without the fear of getting hacked for no reason again.

P.S.: as someone said in the sticky post about this, it would be important to note that even if there were quite numerous hacks of diablo 3 lately, there havent been more than normal hack complaints on WoW forums. D3 and WoW use the same battlenet login, and a lot of D3 players also plays WoW. while WoW account hacking would have been way more lucrative, no one reported that their whole d3 and wow account were hacked, but only the D3 ones. Therefor, it is pretty evident that the breach was in D3 logging or whatsoever.
Edited by DeckarNafav#1737 on 5/22/2012 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You don't NEED to use an authenticator, but you SHOULD get one. If you dont want to spend $5 and dont have an iphone or android, there is even a FREE dial-authenticator service.

Anyone who cares enough to invest large amounts of time in the game should care enough to further secure their account.

It isn't your fault you were hacked, it is the fault of whoever hacked you, but there is a good chance that you could have prevented the whole thing if you cared enough to.

The method of the attacks is still unconfirmed. Speculation wont help till a blue post.
Reply Quote
yeah i know, i am waiting on blue post/ticket response, looking forward to this problem solved for both hacked players and blizzard, because it must be a pain for them to go through all this.

I do care about my account, thing is I never knew about said authentificator until i got hacked this morning. I will wait on blizzard's response on this event before considering getting one, but i am not taking that out of consideration.
Reply Quote
I logged in today and played for 5-10mins, I get disconnected from game.
I try to log back in, I get error 315300.
I went to bent and changed my password and reactivated account with my cd key.
I log back in, my character was naked and all my gold was missing.
Called blizzard and waitting time was about 90mins, I waitted 70mins, no one came...
I have created ticket and hopefully I get my stuff back!
Reply Quote
lost all my gold and gear only on my barb. funny thing is that my best items weren't touched.
Reply Quote
Please respond to this head count thread if you have recently been hacked.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149010494?page=1#0
Reply Quote
meh finally my phone is not supporting the autenticator, and i am not really willing to pput another 17$ (6.50 + 10.50 shipping) dollars for something I should not be ''needing''. I guess the authenticator question is over for me. I'll just wait for the problem to be solved.
Reply Quote
77 Human Warrior
fml same here do you think blizz will get it back to us
Reply Quote
Dont get your hopes up on retrieving your gears. here's a response from 1 of the GMs.

Hey there!

I’m Game Master Mehmejeiz. Thanks so much for your patience! I hope this message reaches you safely :)

The method we use to restore Diablo 3 accounts is quite different from how we do restorations for World of Warcraft. You don't get items restored, what happens is your entire account gets rolled back which means you lose all progress, gear, achievements and levels you gained after you were hacked. Note that you are going to lose progress here and note that this process cannot be reversed; so reverting an account to a prior save point is a one way process that can NOT be undone. With this in mind, there is some key information that is extremely important for you to look over before we move on with your Diablo 3 account restoration.

After the first compromise restoration occurs on a Battle.net account, that account's access to the Diablo III Real Money Auction House will be restricted until an authenticator is attached. If the account is compromised a second time, access to the Diablo III Real Money Auction House will be permanently revoked for good. With this in mind, we highly recommend you get an authenticator now! The mobile versions are usually free, and you can go to http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/mobile/ for more info on them. =)

Also, we can only provide 2 of these rollbacks for your account, and after that you will have to wait at least a year to get an additional rollback on your account. To avoid getting to this point, an authenticator is highly recommended!

It is also important to mention that Dial-In Authenticators do not meet the requirements to use the Real Money Auction House if you become restricted! A physical or mobile version is required, and will provide more security for your account. =) You can get some great info on authenticators here http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-authenticator-faq and here http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-mobile-authenticator-faq.

Again, note that you are going to lose progress here if you choose to go forward with this rollback. We roll back your account based on save points which are taken periodically, but perhaps more slowly than you may expect. Reverting your account to a save point would make you lose all progress you gained after the losses you are reporting occurred, but it would restore some gold and gear. If this is acceptable, let us know and most importantly **do not continue to play your account** until you are restored. If you continue to play your characters, any additional progress made will also be lost, since we roll back the account.

Hope that helps! Do take care, and have a great rest of your day! ^^

Best Regards,

Game Master Mehmjeiz
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]