Diablo® III

Buy a 1000dps weapon off the vendor

Given that magic items are better than legendaries, it is potentially possible to have the vendor sell you an item with 1000 dps. All it needs is a +x damage bonus and a % damage bonus, such as a the current highest dps one hand weapon on the auction house.

If I happen to find a vendor that sells one, I can also buy multiple copies. Anyone that joins the game could also buy as many copies as they want, since the vendors are set for the game until you leave town.

I could then just post it on the forums here and everyone could come in and buy a 100 copies. Effectively crashing the market and ruining the game entirely.

Or am I wrong? Are there safe guards in the game that prevent the vendors from selling items like this?

EDIT: grammar and spelling
Edited by Nifter#1324 on 5/21/2012 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If that is true than itll ruin the entire game
Reply Quote
Pretty sure they will be limited
Reply Quote
I don't know about 1000dps weapon but I bought a fairly large amount of 78 dex rings off a vendor once and gave it to my friends.
Reply Quote
lol I bought about 100 9-18 dmg 60 int 60 vitality rings from a vendor for 7k each and sold them for ~80k each

So it isn't just possible, but very feasible.
Edited by Animal#1916 on 5/21/2012 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When I buy items from vendors they disappear from the vendors stock... don't they?
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Wrath
When I buy items from vendors they disappear from the vendors stock... don't they?

Not unless they changed that recently. I bought multiple copies before.
Reply Quote
Haha blizzard is probably so bummed that we can do things like that
Reply Quote
Well I think you are totally misunderstanding how the DPS on weapons is calculated and it's completely blizzards fault. Do a bit of research and also check this out:

http://www.armadagaming.com/dpscalculator.php

Then come back and tell me those blues are really that awesome. :P
Edited by Jack#2849 on 5/21/2012 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Do merchant stock runs out?
Can anyone confirm this?
Reply Quote
they dont run out you can buy as amny as you want. i bought decked out rings for all my characaters in one go.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Kadoshi
Haha blizzard is probably so bummed that we can do things like that
No, other players are bummed that so many people are trying to ruin the games integrity rather than play normal.

Just because the game will let a player exploit it, doesn't mean it's part of the game.

Exploits ruin the fun for everyone except the 12 year old kids who do nothing but try to break the system.
This game is epic, and I'd like it to stay epic, and not some tanished washout flavor of the week. So once all of the sleezeballs leave and the dust settles, the real games will still be around.
Reply Quote
its not an exploit, but its unintended. They sell way better gear than you can craft at prices way cheaper how can you tell me that its working as intended?
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Chumsy84
They sell way better gear than you can craft at prices way cheaper how can you tell me that its working as intended?

Because they've tried to make every feature useful in some way.
What's the point of vendors if all they ever sell is junk nobody in their right minds would ever use?
What's the point of farming if you can craft a better item every time?
What's the point of crafting if you can buy a better item on AH every time?

Work out how to balance Loot drops, Crafting, Vendor sales and AH without at least one of them becoming utterly useless and then make a thread about it.
I haven't seen anyone able to come up with a solution to the whole cycle, just people trying to fix one part of it without realising how much it would screw up other parts of the system.

The best I can come up with is reducing the level range of loot drops and the amoutn of affixes at lower levels, adjusting the difficulty so there are gear checks every few levels, and reducing the cost of crafting so whenever you hit the level requirement for a craftable item it WILL be better than the loot you're likely to get.

That way you've got a mix of going on AH to twink out (but you'll need to keep going back to refresh your gear constantly), crafting gear whenever a good craft for a new slot comes up, finding a nice rare for loot (that won't be 8 levels below you and useless) and buying from vendors if they happen to roll a great item.

Fewer affixes at lower levels just reduces the complexity at a time when you don't need that much complexity because all gear only lasts a short amount of time before its superseded anyway. That's never going to happen though, because the cat's out of the bag.
Reply Quote
No. You definitely can. I was abusing the a2 ring/ammy merchant, and came across a 28x-4xx 1 hand fist weapon (lvl 51). So... yeah. I don't doubt that the market will continue to be flooded with epic blue weapons until infinity and beyond.
Reply Quote
Well I think you are totally misunderstanding how the DPS on weapons is calculated and it's completely blizzards fault. Do a bit of research and also check this out:
http://www.armadagaming.com/dpscalculator.php
Then come back and tell me those blues are really that awesome. :P

Except that this calculator doesn't work correctly. It was made during the beta and hasn't been updated since the game went live.

Because they've tried to make every feature useful in some way.

That doesn't explain why, if you find an amazing item from a vendor, you can buy a ton of copies of that item and flood the market with it.
Edited by Peldin#1460 on 5/22/2012 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
blues are not better than rares, which is what you really want; now go farm them

shoo
Edited by zoid#1554 on 5/22/2012 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It wouldn't ruin the game. People are asking stupid prices anyways. 10,000,000 for a 900 damage weapon? That's just stupid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]