Diablo® III

Discussion of Skillsets for GROUPS

100 Gnome Mage
The forum is full of skill builds for solo'ing, and while that is not an issue, I'd like to see some discussion of builds for groups. Ones that, say, have terrible AoE because you run with a Witch Doctor who likes rain of toads or acid cloud, or perhaps limited mobility because you run with a tank or two (even in inferno!).

I'll start. Currently, I run an infinite AP build that is focused on maximizing single target DPS:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ZlXjTS!YXW!baaaZZ

You can (in theory) channel the beam for minutes on end without running out of AP with no special equipment requirements for very large numbers. The downside, of course is the lack of AoE, but currently my Witch Doctor mate handles that part, while I whittle down the Champions or meatier mobs.

We're not in Inferno yet, so obviously I can run without Force armor (plus if it's to be nerfed, I'd rather not get used to it!). However, I switch my defensives (Nova/Crystal Armor) out for others depending on where we are - for example, slow time saves a lot of frustration in Act 2 against the bugs. Also, I drop magic weapon or sparkflint for another defensive if I need extra help living- Teleport or Blizzard, for example.
Reply Quote
I use this build but I use energy armor/energy tap instead of storm armor. I let my Warrior tank all monsters while I kill them. When I play I only want to see the feet of the monsters on my screen so I don't aggro them and make them come to me while he collects them all. This build is all about killing 1 single monster fast. I use blizz and then shoot them with my ray till they are dead
Reply Quote
Thanks alot for this build! I just replaced diamond skin with archon and storm armor with energy armor/force armor.

Right now with 32k dmg i mow everything down in seconds! Awesome!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]