Diablo® III

Completely mind boggled about Inferno Elites

85 Blood Elf Paladin
(this didn't fit in the title, i'm referring to SOLO)

Just started act 1, I have 25k hp, 9,3k dps
They all kill me in 4-5 hits
Some outrun me through my 60% snare
The weakest has 500k+ life

How are wizards killing these !@#$ers?

Do you guys have to switch specs depending on the elite abilities or do you just go with 1 spec stacking the MF buff?

Is wiz solo viable thru elites without exploits? Or is this difficulty meant for group play?

Thanks
Reply Quote
My only problems with the Inferno elites are now that I do not do enough damage hydra kiting and throwing Arcane Orbs with the Obliterate glyph. In act 1 I did fine with the build I've pretty much been using all game but since I got to act 2 the elite mobs have too much HP for me to burn through before getting the "out of the time" debuff. That's stupid honestly, I don't even understand the point of that debuff... to prevent you from putting too much effort into them?? I don't know what else to do other than just use the Force armor exploit and stack int and crit since legitimately kiting them around with Hydra's with well rounded stats no longer seems to be viable. My damage is around 20k currently I have mostly level 60 gear, blues and yellows and a nice weapon and I've hit the "out of time" debuff 3 times now in the Oasis.
Reply Quote
Welcome to inferno mode.

Monsters have high resistance to slows (don't bother runing for extra slow, rune for AP reduction it'll save your !@#).

They hit for 20k so they will 3 shot you no matter what you do.

Kite like a mofo!

http://www.twitch.tv/brutalitygaming/b/318709822 video of me doing kiting.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I got through A1 solo in inferno, without going no HP lameness.

I did have to drop some Vit, though. Bottom line, it's not that useful as long as we have force armor. I think going no vit and full hp regen is lame though, but that's neither here nor there...

This is what I run -

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acOSXR!XUf!ccYYab

I recently switched magic wep rune from life steal to venom. Also just started using Magic missile + seeker (I find it having two arcane damage spells up there works well with temp flux passive - gonna try my luck soon with arcane hydra, even though venom is amazing).

Bottom line, Act 1 is pretty simple once you drop some health, gain some damage, and find the build that works for you. I'm up to 21k damage and about 15k hp, almost 4k armor, and I can cake walk Act 1 farm. Act 2 is a different beast, I'm busy getting owned right now by even some regular mobs.

EDIT: To above me; interesting note about slow resistances, I've noticed them before, but I'm going to try and swap out arcane slows for other things and see if that tightens up my A2 play at all, thanks :)
Edited by Era#1613 on 5/22/2012 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You need a lot more damage, farm hell more if you need to, I solo act 1 just fine with this build

Left click: Venom Hydras
Right click: arcane orb (decreased arcane cost rune)

Q: Diamond armor (double absorb rune)
W: Force armor
E: Force weapon
R: Worm hole teleport

Passvies: Illusionist, glass cannon, astral presence

I have around 20k hp and 20k damage. I was able to solo with about 13k damage though.

Kite with hydras up, anytime mob gets close teleport away as far as possible, unload arcane orbs every chance you get.
Reply Quote
If your playing with a group use blizzard and poison hydra at around 30k damage you will hit 3-4 per tick with blizzard perma slow and reduced AP costs, you will need the constant aoe slow for killing duplicates or elite minion waves, the hydra is self explanatory 15-40k passive hits depending on resistances is just the thing you need for inferno.

be sure to use teleport with the copy rune & the illusionist perk. together with energy armor and the 35% maximal damage you can actually kite and spam copys which saves your mates from being hit a few times. You need Diamond skin with the absorb increase for Inferno everything else is not viable because of the RNG nature of the elites.

I found my self being cool with 3 Survival skills, some people swear on frostnova, some on slow time and some people on forcewave, i personally use magic weapon for the extra 15% damage so that my hydra and blizz combo does more damage. (also the 20% dmg increase for chilled enemys works on hydras, if you got enough lifereg to compensate the armorspell lifereg)

Theres only 2 good versions of this, or you go with arc orbs or you go with blizz
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
the only damage spells you can use are hydra, glyphed electrocute or shock pulse, and arcane orb

good luck
Reply Quote
If you aren't going low HP force armor then the only thing I've found viable is blizzard+venom hydra from a long way away. The general thought process is if you can see them on your screen they are too close. Thanks to blizzard and hydra both hanging around for awhile you can fight mobs well outside the screen. If you encounter naturally fast mobs that are enchanted with fast (scavengers, soul lashers etc) you're !@#$ed and need to bypass them or restart.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Drekor
If you encounter naturally fast mobs that are enchanted with fast (scavengers, soul lashers etc) you're !@#$ed and need to bypass them or restart.

Indeed: http://ompldr.org/vZHY5Mg/Screenshot005.jpg
Reply Quote
Illusionist is very powerful, try it.
Reply Quote
just curious. why would you need arcane missile if it only hits one target?
Reply Quote
Welcome to inferno mode.

Monsters have high resistance to slows (don't bother runing for extra slow, rune for AP reduction it'll save your !@#).

They hit for 20k so they will 3 shot you no matter what you do.

Kite like a mofo!

http://www.twitch.tv/brutalitygaming/b/318709822 video of me doing kiting.

thats all you do???

lol that looks so easy
Reply Quote
1. Use Force Armor - this is required for wizards in Inferno.

2. Drop a Hydra, and run, spamming any spell in the seconds you have.

3. Restart if you see any elite with the mod "Mortar", because although you can step inside their mortar range, they just have to move forward a few steps to 3-4 shot you in under a second (with Force Armor on).

Profit?!?!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]