Diablo® III

OP co op Wizard hell/inferno build

Me and my friends been playing D3 since launch date and my Wizard friend found amazing build that makes hell face roll and Inferno a bit easy. Basically it ensures that all mobs are always frozen and can never attack anybody. Here is a link to his youtube video that explain the build and how to use it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2K4px2m5c4

Build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WVXYSO!agf!YYaYcZ
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
BC
That is correct. He found that build, likely on these very forums. Many people are aware of this build already, but I'm sure some will appreciate your re-posting it.

With that said, this build still works great today, even in Inferno. Unfortunately this build is only viable and quick against larger groups of enemies. Open with Frost nova on 5+ enemies, spam Energy Twister and use Diamond Skin & Frost Nova as they become available. The build is based on critting to regain arcane power. You should also consider obtaining 1 piece of gear that regenerates Arcane Power on crit (5-8 is sufficient; you don't need much).

Also, don't use this build. If too many people begin to use it, it will go against Blizzards belief of there being multiple viable builds. If too many people are looking up "best" build online, and then using them, expect changes/nerfs from Blizzard.
Edited by Xei#1118 on 5/23/2012 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
other nerf coming soon.
Reply Quote
This build doesnt work at all for me... then again i tried soloing with it...
Reply Quote
This is not a repost lol, as you can see I am posting this because my friend doesn't read or post on forums. That being said I agree, I see a nerf INC and this is only good with large set of mobs. And for the person who tried this solo, this build works really really well in co op
Reply Quote
Im trying this now but it is not criting at all what does my crit chance have to be for this to work??
Reply Quote
us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5152408254

I have 33.50% base crit atm, 38.50% with Pinpoint. Using a similar build to this.
Reply Quote
How do you move the spells from the diff category to another key? Frost Nova and Thick Skin are in the same spell type and I can't figure out how to adjust that.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Scif
How do you move the spells from the diff category to another key? Frost Nova and Thick Skin are in the same spell type and I can't figure out how to adjust that.

Settings> Gameplay> Elective Mode
Enable you to customize your skills freely.
Reply Quote
Funny enough, I saw another wizard in my game earlier owning with this build, but she wouldn't tell me what she was running. Thankfully, you can always go into your recently played list and check out their build/spec =D
I was trying to emulate it, and it seemed to kind of work for me, things like desecrate/plague seems to destroy me, though.

Does energy twister crit, though? I tried it out a bit and didn't see any crits from it so I changed it to a hydra, I guess that is what I am doing wrong.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 10:46 PMPosted by HappyandHazy
Does energy twister crit, though? I tried it out a bit and didn't see any crits from it so I changed it to a hydra, I guess that is what I am doing wrong.

It does crit, but the number color seems to stay white.
Not sure about Venom Hydra.

I'm using this atm: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VRYXgO!gYf!YbYaZZ
Started Inferno earlier today, I do fine so far. Actually managed to kill some shielding elites, thinking I wouldn't be able to, surprised myself. With Desincrate/Plague, you need to move a lot.
Reply Quote
This build has been around for a few days. It doesn't work for 40-50% of elite mobs on inferno simply because either not enough enemies to crit as much, or shielded enemies cannot crit at all. Whenever you meet these enemies you need to switch builds which cancels your valor stack...
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 10:33 PMPosted by StraFey
Im trying this now but it is not criting at all what does my crit chance have to be for this to work??

My friend has around 13 percent I believe
Reply Quote
How did you get two conjurs?
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Jd007
This build has been around for a few days. It doesn't work for 40-50% of elite mobs on inferno simply because either not enough enemies to crit as much, or shielded enemies cannot crit at all. Whenever you meet these enemies you need to switch builds which cancels your valor stack...

Thats a given, you can't expect to use one build for the whole game. Need to switch builds depending on the enemy your fighting. This build works wonders in Act 3 of hell
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 12:00 AMPosted by GT6x9
How did you get two conjurs?

Elective Mode
Reply Quote
blizzard is retarded lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]