Diablo® III

Anyone finding Mantra of Healing useless now?

Aside from the boon nerf, they fixed the initial 3 second heal on MoH as well from some hotfix notes I read. It was apparently doing 4x the standard healing amount when it was only supposed to be doing 2x. I understand that it was doing more than was intended, and that's fine, but I think it needs something new to be anywhere remotely approaching worthwhile. I was using it last night and felt like it did nothing. Reactivating it for the 3 second buff to healing was an utter waste of spirit. The regen amount wasn't even enough to get my brother's Wizard with fairly low HP up a noticeable chunk.

What's the use of this Mantra now? The resist rune isn't bad if you have good resists to begin with, but even with the increased healing rune it feels like there's not much point in using it any longer. Are people still using it? If not, what have you replaced it with?
Reply Quote
I've been using mantra of healing + sustenance for overall regen, or mantra of evasion + armor. Boon was overnerfed!
Reply Quote
I use Mantra of Healing with Circular Breathing. That combined with Sweeping Wind's Inner Storm gives 6 spirit/second regen.

I have been using earth ally to tank for me, and when I need to back up for a second to regen some HP that spirit helps me fill up my health pool quickly via Transcendence.
Reply Quote
As I said in another thread, they should revert the nerf, change mantras to generate a small amount of spirit (say 25), and put them on a cooldown (12 seconds?)

The issue was the strength of spamming the shield, combined with the spirit from quickening.

They fixed quickening, and nerfed Boon of Protection, but we still have the issue of 'Mantras are the best use of our spirit'. At least in groups. No other ability is as good for 50 spirit as giving everyone in your party another 15% chance to dodge, especially when DH/WD's in your party get 1-2 shot.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Zaysus
What's the use of this Mantra now? The resist rune isn't bad if you have good resists to begin with, but even with the increased healing rune it feels like there's not much point in using it any longer. Are people still using it? If not, what have you replaced it with?

I use it for the resist rune. If the resist rune was on another mantra I'd use that one instead. It's nice to be topped up between fights if globes didn't drop and I don't want to use heal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]