Diablo® III

Haunt - [Consuming Spirit]

Does anyone else use this rune? I was trying it last night in Hell Act 1 and according to my tooltip it's supposed to regen me an extra 108 life per second, but it was only healing me for about 10-12 life per second. Anyone else have this problem or notice this at all?
Reply Quote
bumping this.. someone has got to have noticed this before (or noticed that it actually works fine)
Reply Quote
I also use that spell, but never realized whether it was working the way it was supposed to. It doesn't heal very much to notice but unsure if it is broken.
Reply Quote
I stopped using it because of how little it was healing, but I never calculated how much that was or ow much it was supposed to be.
Reply Quote
I have my healing numbers shown (via options) and I normally regen about 35 life per second naturally. When I cast Consuming Spirit on an enemy (and I've tried this on many different kinds of enemies) my life/sec regen goes up to about 45 or so. Something seems wrong..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not sure of the exact amount I got back, but I also felt like I wasn't getting healed enough by Consuming Spirit, so I just changed the rune. It didn't even occur to me that it could be a bug. It'd be awesome if it just wasn't working right before.
Edited by Eillan#1354 on 5/24/2012 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Danomite
Does anyone else use this rune? I was trying it last night in Hell Act 1 and according to my tooltip it's supposed to regen me an extra 108 life per second, but it was only healing me for about 10-12 life per second. Anyone else have this problem or notice this at all?

I used it while soloing Nightmare Belial the other night and noticed the life regen is basically useless. Perhaps its broken.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
numbers have been off lately. I'm noticing the same thing with damage abilities. Not sure if I'm missing something or what, but I've been messing with locust swarm and its DoT has fluctuated an insane amount. Sometimes It will be hitting for 1.5kish, other times 10k+ (using 5 stacks of soul harvest every time). Do certain mobs have higher resistances or something cause I don't get it.
Reply Quote
Bump?
Reply Quote
Same problem here.
Reply Quote
I've never paid attention to the healing effect but I know it's little. Well, now we know why!

Bug it?

I've been using Lingering so that I don't need to cast it as often. I don't know man. I think Haunt needs some re-work. Mana cost is a bit on the high side and healing/mana leeching is quite insignificant.

Why can't it be a % leech? Like 1% per second?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
That's the rune I use most often since I don't like how Resentful Spirit means that I have to constantly recast it and Lingering Spirit doesn't seem as useful, but honestly, I never even notice the healing. You could be right in that it's much lower than it's supposed to be. I've never checked, but it doesn't feel like it makes a difference at all to me.
Reply Quote
Yes used it in one of my builds, I use it as "preventive healing". If you got a glass canon build (everything in dmg & intelligence) then vengefull spirith haunt is also great!
Edited by Munin#1320 on 5/26/2012 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I was trying it last night too and can confirm that it does not return anywhere near the tooltip amount.
Reply Quote
So I was trying this for few hours on Hell Act II.

My Life per Second from gear is 112. That's two 56 ticks of hp...

If I cast one Haunt with Consuming spirit which should give me 123 LpS, the hp ticks should be 117,5... BUT in fact the ticks are 76/86/96... if I cast another haunt, hp ticks get to 96/105/115/126, so... every Haunt adds about 30 per tick, which is 60 Life per Second.. give or take some... Not rly 123 life per second...

So I was thinking that this skill could be based on my passive LpS... It's not, I took every damn item with LpS on it off my character and tried Haunt...
It gives me 29/30hp ticks, for two Haunts it's a 59hp tick... for three it's 88/89...
Meaning: Haunt gives me 29,5hp per tick, which is 59 Life per Second, not 123 as it says in tooltip... now that's not even half of what it's supposed to ;)

Now, I wonder if this is cause of Hell difficulty or if they changed it in some hotfix without changing tooltip.
Well I rly hope it's just broken :)
Reply Quote
Sounds like it should be reported in the bug section.
Reply Quote
it's not a bug, there is a diminishing return on life return/vampiric skill in Hell/Inferno that reduces the amount of health returned to you but it does not show in the tooltip.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 08:20 AMPosted by PheL
it's not a bug, there is a diminishing return on life return/vampiric skill in Hell/Inferno that reduces the amount of health returned to you but it does not show in the tooltip.
Is dimishing returns confirmed?
Wondering if that applies to +Life per hit/kill.
Reply Quote
well that may be the case I found consuming spirit doesnt return the tool tip amount even in normal and nightmare difficulty..
Reply Quote
I was under the impression that only life steal (damage converted to life) suffered from diminishing returns. On gear that is.

Didn't think that it was the case for our skills, why doesn't the tooltip just say it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]