Diablo® III

Video card stays at 100% usage.

I'm running 2x Pny GTX 460's (SLI) 1Gb ddr5 and with settings maxed in game im at 130-160 fps and each card at 40-50 % use, Now when I go to my nvidia control panel under the manage 3d settings I have ambient occlusion set to quality, Anisotropic filtering 16x, FXAA on, A.A. mode SLI 32x csaa, vsync off,, With these settings I will have both GPU's running 90-99% @ 120fps and temps at 70-75c.
Reply Quote
I run an EVGA GForce GTS 450 Superclock and it runs flawlessly without a hiccup.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem on my GeForce GTX 550 Ti, all settings in-game are set to low and my card is running at around 80% usage all the time. I've already BSOD'ed a few times on this game and am very convinced my graphics card is dying.
Edited by YuKi#1732 on 5/28/2012 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've the exact same problem. Running on GTX 560 Ti, 4GB Ram, i5, using latest drivers.
Even on the lowest setting.

4gigs of ram is your prob.... move up to 8
windows 7 uses about3 gigs so... your really running this game with 1
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Zer0p0int
As I said above, I'm running the latest drivers.

I run this game maybe at 20% of both my cards... try going into nvida and let your cpu do physx.
also take of that !@#$ty platic around your cards with sli the cards are blowing hot air on to the other one. try blowing out your cards and computer as well.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Napalm
I'm running 2x Pny GTX 460's (SLI) 1Gb ddr5 and with settings maxed in game im at 130-160 fps and each card at 40-50 % use, Now when I go to my nvidia control panel under the manage 3d settings I have ambient occlusion set to quality, Anisotropic filtering 16x, FXAA on, A.A. mode SLI 32x csaa, vsync off,, With these settings I will have both GPU's running 90-99% @ 120fps and temps at 70-75c.

most games ignore those sittings....
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 07:07 AMPosted by Nurburgring
download and run ASUS GPU Tweak, downclock your card some %25 on the core MHz, and manually set fan to 90% Run Vsync on, and set Max foreground D3 option to 55.

this is a really good program that i keep running all the time.also bring it down to around 30 to 45 fps max would help bring more life out of your cards.
Reply Quote
I've the exact same problem. Running on GTX 560 Ti, 4GB Ram, i5, using latest drivers.
Even on the lowest setting.

4gigs of ram is your prob.... move up to 8
windows 7 uses about3 gigs so... your really running this game with 1

The game runs just fine on a 4GB system. Stop feeding them info that doesn't solve or address their problem.

If your copy of Windows 7 uses 3GB, than you've got way too much crap running on startup.

Look at the memory usage of D3 next time you play.
Reply Quote
For those suggesting that I underclock my card or limit the framerate to 30-40, my answer is simple. No. I want the game to play like it should play. I have plenty of good, powerful hardware here, that works on every other game. "Dumbing down" my system is not the answer.
Reply Quote
I got 480 and am runnin the game with np now with win 8 with 301.42.. You should, even if for poops n giggles try a fresh install of windows, i did so on a hdd i hardly use and surprisingly it fixed all problems, stutter included. None of the dozen fixes listed in the forums helped a bit, only this did. Go figure
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Risse
I got 480 and am runnin the game with np now with win 8 with 301.42.. You should, even if for poops n giggles try a fresh install of windows, i did so on a hdd i hardly use and surprisingly it fixed all problems, stutter included. None of the dozen fixes listed in the forums helped a bit, only this did. Go figure

I really don't want to reinstall windows. It works fine on everything else. But if all else fails and I don't hear anything back from the ticket I submitted, I guess I'll try it. Seeing how the problem is so specific to Diablo III, I doubt it will help. But like I said, if I can't get help from blizzard, I guess I'll have to try everything.
Edited by Zer0p0int#1323 on 5/28/2012 10:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 08:28 AMPosted by YuKi
I have the same problem on my GeForce GTX 550 Ti, all settings in-game are set to low and my card is running at around 80% usage all the time. I've already BSOD'ed a few times on this game and am very convinced my graphics card is dying.

Is your card acting like that on other games?
Reply Quote
Like i said it is probably their internet connection and not the card doing it.
Reply Quote
I had similar problems with a GTX 460. Couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. I installed the oldest drivers I could find on nVidia's site (260.89) and the game is now stable at 60 FPS with maxed settings.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I understand your a computer savy guy, but i have only one question that i don't see alot of computer savy guys knowing about. does your power supply have enough amps on the 12v rail to power your video card, if you have a port to hook the power supply too it. i found my gtx260 was messing up big time when i didn't have enough amps on the power supply for it. another thing that seems to fix screen tearing is, set the video card to allow the program decided virtical refresh rate. then i turn it on in game. seems to work for me, but i run my gpu fan at near max all the time. card won't play the game if i don't.
Reply Quote
oh, it doesn't act like that on Team Fortress 2. My usage for that is only around 20% and very stable.

however, I ran the GPU monitor on my brother's laptop and the usage was around 50% in the main menu screen. I'm not sure if this is a common thing, perhaps D3 just needs alot of resources to run, coupled with maybe the fact that some of us play D3 for hours on end and that really stresses the card..?
Edited by YuKi#1732 on 5/29/2012 4:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Try this out, it may help a little bit in the fps part...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149152881
Edited by Mappy#1787 on 5/29/2012 4:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 02:44 AMPosted by Helli0n
Like i said it is probably their internet connection and not the card doing it.

That might explain the stuttering, but it doesn't explain the why the video card is overworking.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 03:43 AMPosted by Vesa
I understand your a computer savy guy, but i have only one question that i don't see alot of computer savy guys knowing about. does your power supply have enough amps on the 12v rail to power your video card, if you have a port to hook the power supply too it. i found my gtx260 was messing up big time when i didn't have enough amps on the power supply for it. another thing that seems to fix screen tearing is, set the video card to allow the program decided virtical refresh rate. then i turn it on in game. seems to work for me, but i run my gpu fan at near max all the time. card won't play the game if i don't.

Yes the power supply was hand selected to have the correct wattage and amps and on the 12V rail.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]