Diablo® III

Video card stays at 100% usage.

I also work in computers and I feel your pain. Diablo III ran for the most part alright (about expected on my HD 7670M), the one day Windows says "Configuring Features" while I try to shut it down. Suddenly 1-10fps on Diablo III, changing settings didn't do much, so I updated my drivers. Updating my drivers helped, now it runs at 60fps and spikes down to 10-30 at times (Which really sucks Inferno Act II).
Reply Quote
I just wanted to post a little bit of shared pain.

On my partner's computer she runs 2 9800gtx+'s (gts 250 in otherwords - the are the same card) in sli.

16 gb DDR3, and a AMD Phenom II x3. Proper voltage to the rails. Well ventilated.

The only way we've been able to get the game to run stable is to:

Set it to use only 1 card.
Downclock the card 100mhz on both the core clock and the memory.
Turn on V-sync. Limit the frames to 50fps.

Most updated drivers in place.

It still seems to stutter every now and again.

However, on my setup:

AMD Phenom II x4
8gb DDR3
A single ATI Radeon 4870 Toxic (overclocked)

The game runs smooth as silk on max settings, haven't had to mess with anything. And I'm probably not even running the most recent drivers.

Go figure :/
Reply Quote
I have same issues. The GPU usage stay at 100%, causing GPU temperature raise up very quickly and fan auto-speed-up make it runs EXTREMELY noisy.

Besides, even ths GPU stay at 100%, the fps is still very low, about 30~50. Even in town, it's also slow.

My hardware/OS config is
CPU: I5 2300
GPU: GTX460SE
Memory: 8G
Driver: latest nvidia driver 301.42

ps:
- No over-clocking, no abnormal settings.
- I have reset all game settings to default, nothing changed
- I have tried reboot OS several times, nothing changed
- I have do all suggestions listed here http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-video-performance-issues

ps2: When I run WOW, set all graphic to high, the GPU usage is stay about 25% at maximum, usually is 15~20%. So I am very sure it's an issue of Diablo
Edited by Alex#1494 on 6/3/2012 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a I7 3930k, 16gb ram with a 6870.
system worked great.

I upgraded to a 7950 and what followed was: 100% GPU utilization with high fan speeds and high temps. Replaced with 6870 and everything works great.

I wish i knew what the problem was because it's not worth using in it's current state.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I am currently running an i7 4470k - corsair gold 750watt psu, and asus gtx660 gpu - I can play anything on high settings except for D3, I turned everything in game to low settings and it still stutters just like the folks here have experienced. i am running the latest gpu drivers as well and will not scale back just fo D3 - I would like to play D3 but not at the compromise of affecting all the other games I am playing.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 09:05 AMPosted by Azerock
I am currently running an i7 4470k - corsair gold 750watt psu, and asus gtx660 gpu - I can play anything on high settings except for D3, I turned everything in game to low settings and it still stutters just like the folks here have experienced. i am running the latest gpu drivers as well and will not scale back just fo D3 - I would like to play D3 but not at the compromise of affecting all the other games I am playing.

disk access lag.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]