Diablo® III

Who knows computers?

So I don't know much about computers and I'm trying to build a new one because my current is garbage... I've done a little bit of research and I wanted to get some opinions on what I've pieced together so far. Here's what I've got.

Case: Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans

Internal USB Extension Module: None

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case

Noise Reduction Technology: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking

Cooling Fan: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant

Motherboard: (3-Way SLI Support) ASRock X79 Extreme 4 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ UEFI bios, XFast LAN, Charger, & USB Technology, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Video Card 2: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+172] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Video Card 3: None

Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

Hard Drive: * 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 525MB/s Read & 475MB/s Write [-12] (60GB x 2 (120GB Capacity) Raid 0 Extreme Performance)

Data Hard Drive: None

Hard Drive Cooling Fan: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System (1 x System)
External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Optical Drive 2: None

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

I'm also aware that I don't have a hard drive yet... I'm rather clueless as to what I need there. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!
Reply Quote
I have to ask. Are you buying this in pieces? If so, the person who is putting it together for you should be able to answer your question.

You are also better off posting this in tech support maybe.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 01:14 PMPosted by OnionKnight
If you don't know much about computers why not just buy a preassembled one? What you got there seems entirely way way overpowered to run D3 at its highest settings.

yeah mines way worse and runs on highest settings no problem.

biggest difference between mine and his is i have a radeon 6790 and a 2.9ghz dual core processor.
Edited by Keldrath#1718 on 5/25/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
If you are going to get 2 video cards I would get either 2 6950s or 2 7750s
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It seems like you copy and pasting something from a website here. There are some references like "Venom Overclocking."

Where are you copying this from?

Building a computer isn't very difficult. You won't have any trouble assembling it. If you need help, you can just watch a few youtube videos. Easy stuff.

The place to start is simple - money.

How much money would you like to spend?

Secondly, what are you looking to accomplish with the build? (example: "I want to play D3." or "I want to play everything including the games of tomorrow.")
Reply Quote
obviously from cyberpower pc or something. this will run d3 if thats what you're wanting. the i7's are beastly.. 8gb of ram is sufficient. and the solid state drives are FAST. have fun.

just get the ssd for your OS drive and a 1tb drive for the rest.
Edited by Audiophreak#1920 on 5/25/2012 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So I don't know much about computers and I'm trying to build a new one because my current is garbage... I've done a little bit of research and I wanted to get some opinions on what I've pieced together so far. Here's what I've got.

Case: Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans

Internal USB Extension Module: None

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case

Noise Reduction Technology: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking

Cooling Fan: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant

Motherboard: (3-Way SLI Support) ASRock X79 Extreme 4 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ UEFI bios, XFast LAN, Charger, & USB Technology, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Video Card 2: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+172] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Video Card 3: None

Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

Hard Drive: * 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 525MB/s Read & 475MB/s Write [-12] (60GB x 2 (120GB Capacity) Raid 0 Extreme Performance)

Data Hard Drive: None

Hard Drive Cooling Fan: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System (1 x System)
External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Optical Drive 2: None

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

I'm also aware that I don't have a hard drive yet... I'm rather clueless as to what I need there. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

1. get a cheaper CPU and use themoney you saved to buy a better graphics card. radeon 6870 is a good card but it can be better, and you dont need an i7 for gaming.
2. make sure your motherboard is compatible with whatever cpu you are getting
3. get a branded power supply instead of a generic one, or else your computer might catch fire and explode.
Edited by JadeRaven#1969 on 5/25/2012 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Well I don't know that you need a hotswap HDD capability outside of servers...but as long as your not paying extra for it!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You don't seem to be responding to your thread here.

OP if you do read this. I urge you to seek advice from someone. You are throwing alot of money away on this build.

The Ivy Bridge i7 is highly NOT recommended at this time. BY FAR the best bang for your buck is Sandy Bridge i7 2500k for gaming. If you want to spend another 100 bucks, you can get a 2600k but the performance increase is very small for gaming.

The Crossfire setup is also a very expinsive choice for little gain. The GTX 560 ti from Nvidia is by far the most bang for your buck.

It's a great time to buy an SSD so stick with that decision.

The ASUS P8Z68 mobo is a personal favorite of mine. The PRO version is cheap and amazing.

Don't skimp on the case - go for a cooler master HAF (high air flow)

If you want liquid cooling, the H100 is hard to beat for the money. There are many options for air cooling.

As far as overclocking, that's another reason to go with Sandy Bridge i7. You won't find an easier chip set to overclock especially since you are a novice.
Reply Quote
obviously from cyberpower pc or something. this will run d3 if thats what you're wanting. the i7's are beastly.. 8gb of ram is sufficient. and the solid state drives are FAST. have fun.

just get the ssd for your OS drive and a 1tb drive for the rest.

8gigs ram is overkill, I got 8gigs myself, but virtually all games are 32 bit so can't use more than 4gb anyways, so most of it just ends up going to waste.
d3 is 32 bit game.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 01:14 PMPosted by OnionKnight
If you don't know much about computers why not just buy a preassembled one? What you got there seems entirely way way overpowered to run D3 at its highest settings.

That's what he is doing, hence the "Cyberpower" (a company that will "custom build" a computer based on the specs you choose) mentioned somewhere in the middle of the specs there.

And yes, this is more than enough to run Diablo 3, but there is nothing wrong with that. When it comes to computers (if you're serious about computer gaming at least) always buy the best you can afford at the time. This means having to upgrade less often, which means spending less money in the long run.

As for a hard drive. Just get a generic HDD (hard disk drive) with 500-1000GB for storage (since you already have the SDD as your OS drive). I prefer the Western Digital Caviar Blue/Black, but Samsung and Seagate also make some decent HDDs.
Reply Quote
i have 16. some pcs arent just for gaming, dude.
Reply Quote
Thanks so much for all the advice!! Super timely and informative.

"It seems like you copy and pasting something from a website here. There are some references like "Venom Overclocking."

Building a computer isn't very difficult. You won't have any trouble assembling it. If you need help, you can just watch a few youtube videos. Easy stuff.

Secondly, what are you looking to accomplish with the build? (example: "I want to play D3." or "I want to play everything including the games of tomorrow.")"

it's from cyberpower, and i'm trying to spend close to 1500. This is going to be an investment and I need the computer to last me at least 5 years, not necessarily perfectly throughout the last stretch of it's life.

1. get a cheaper CPU and use themoney you saved to buy a better graphics card. radeon 6870 is a good card but it can be better, and you dont need an i7 for gaming.
3. get a branded power supply instead of a generic one, or else your computer might catch fire and explode.

1.) what sort of power are you recommending from the cheaper CPU?
2.) good call, i'll check that with tech support though I don't think a site like cyberpower would allow that to happen.
3.) didn't even think of that, Thanks!
Edited by IamPhilippic#1129 on 5/25/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Seems like overkill and a bit to expensive

a computer these days should only cost 600-1000

especialy if Blizzard games are your main concern
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
1500 bucks - built to last.

I'll work on this and post a build in the next 20 minutes.

Any part I link suggest you can trust I have personally used / installed it and recommend it.
Reply Quote
sorry my responses are slow, researching and posting simultaneously. Hungerr, would u be willing to PM me since you seem to know a lot about what you are doing?

*edit*

Just saw your last post, you're the bomb dude thanks a lot.
Edited by IamPhilippic#1129 on 5/25/2012 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
if all you're going is playing games, all you need is an i5, 4 gigs of ram, a decent compatible motherboard, good fans, good case. and ur golden. ssd isnt even necessary for gaming. theyre nice though. if you're producing music or something like me then ill recommend something better.
Reply Quote
Thanks so much for all the advice!! Super timely and informative.

"It seems like you copy and pasting something from a website here. There are some references like "Venom Overclocking."

Secondly, what are you looking to accomplish with the build? (example: "I want to play D3." or "I want to play everything including the games of tomorrow.")"

it's from cyberpower, and i'm trying to spend close to 1500. This is going to be an investment and I need the computer to last me at least 5 years, not necessarily perfectly throughout the last stretch of it's life.

1.) what sort of power are you recommending from the cheaper CPU?
2.) good call, i'll check that with tech support though I don't think a site like cyberpower would allow that to happen.
3.) didn't even think of that, Thanks!

Get the Ivy Bridge i5 3570 It's 3.8ghz turbo and is perfect for gaming. It's about $40 cheaper.
Edited by DrewGamer#1671 on 5/25/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]