Diablo® III

Who knows computers?

@Audiophreak

I am doing some music production as well.
Reply Quote
@Audiophreak

I am doing some music production as well.

you might want to get a creative sound blaster X fi then.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
1) http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1241992&Sku=B69-1367

2) buy a $150 graphics card and an operating system.

3) you're set

Yes, there are down-sides to it, but it'll play your game perfectly.

05/25/2012 01:50 PMPosted by AngelGrace
Get an authenticator.

LOL

--and I don't use that lightly.

Yes, you need that too.
Edited by Stinkyfinger#1801 on 5/25/2012 1:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Get an authenticator.
Reply Quote
for my diablo account? why would someone hack me for asking about computers? or do you mean a physical authenticator for the comp itself?
Reply Quote
It's a meta joke. People don't read threads and then say get an authenticator.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 01:14 PMPosted by OnionKnight
If you don't know much about computers why not just buy a preassembled one? What you got there seems entirely way way overpowered to run D3 at its highest settings.
These specs are too OP, blizz should nerf it.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 01:57 PMPosted by AngelGrace
It's a meta joke. People don't read threads and then say get an authenticator.

You win the game. I feel really stupid.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 $130
Power Supply: Corsair 750HX $139
CPU: Intel i5 2500k $219
Cooling: Noctua 6 NH-D14 $83
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe $199
RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 12800 $56
Video Card: EVGA GTX 560 ti $234
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black $120
SSD: OCZ 120 GB Vertex 3 $125
Optical: Asus 24x SATA DVD+/-RW $18

Total: $1323

Came in under budget ;)

If you really want to spend that extra 200 bucks, I would buy a GTX 680. But the GTX 560 ti is going to do wonders for you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I noticed you said you do some music production. You may want to add a dedicated audio card in that case, and I don't have any experience in that area. I would consult someone else.
Reply Quote
Hungerr, you are awesome. Thanks for the specs and your time. One further question though, are these items that you buy individually or is this something that can get built and shipped to you?
Reply Quote
Ok, OP, PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE, GET A NVIDIA Video card, much much better than ATI, Thanks thats all
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You buy the parts individually. If you are totally overwhelmed about building the computer, you can find a local shop to put it together for you. They should charge no more than $200 in labor if not less. If they want more, they are trying to rip you off.

However, there are countless youtube video guides on how to build a computer. I'm sure you can do it without much trouble.

Also - I'm heading home now. Best of luck.
Reply Quote
Thanks for everyone's help! I will be taking all opinions into careful consideration. I will check this post again around 7 eastern time, so don't think I'm ignoring you if you don't hear back before then.

Thanks again!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
HUGE OVERSIGHT ON MY PART

I hope you check this thread tonight. I made a serious mistake in my choice of RAM.

The cooler I suggested (Noctua 6 NH-D14) is very large. It's huge in fact almost comically so. That's not a bad thing of course - it moves tons of air and cools amazing. However, it does have one weakness that I totally forgot. You MUST buy low profile RAM. Bulky RAM like the G.skill ripjaws will not fit under the cooler.

Here is an example of the G.skill ram that WILL NOT FIT.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314

You want to buy low profile ram like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233186
Reply Quote
Hungerr, I got the message and plan on ordering the parts tomorrow. Planning on spending a little extra to get the 680 video card, but otherwise picking up almost exactly what you recommended. Thanks a ton, though you may not read this.

Officially closing this thread,

Thanks for everyone's input and kind advice!
Reply Quote
View profile
why bother with the hassle of crossfire with 6870s. Just get a single 670 or something like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]