Diablo® III

Legendary level way off

Hey i just wanted to confirm i couldnt find this anywhere but i am sure it is a bug, i found my 2nd legendary so far and they both were way off of the level zone, i was in act 1 inferno and i got a legendary level 30... my first legendary was also level 24 when i was in hell act 3 i believe or 2.

Is this working as intended ? because not only the level is way off , the legendary seems to be a joke , even a blue of their current level would be better.

Glad to help to find the problem or to confirm that it suppose to be like that.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
It is intended.

Monsters have a lvl (Just like you), their level is the max level of the gear they can drop. In D2, there was no min level to the gear they could drop (highest level mobs could & did drop lvl 1 gear).

It feels like there is a min in this game at least, maybe like 20-30 levels below the mob's level? But maybe there is no min & I'm just getting lucky not getting lvl 1 drops.
Reply Quote
Good to know, but this is only with Legendary drops ,right? because normals, blues or rares r always around the zone level, At least on my 130hours of playing so far.

Legendaries are the worst and most difficult to get then, just wasnt sure of that.
Reply Quote
I found a legendary chestpiece on my wizard at level 22 that was level 15 and i wore that til about 30, buddy of mine i was running with found a helm that was same level and today while freeing prisioners in hell mode i found a level 45 legendary mace. I think its just luck of the draw..
Reply Quote
oh i see, so legendary drops can be ANY level, thanks for the info, i thought they would follow a loot table or something just like the rest.
Reply Quote
Good to know, but this is only with Legendary drops ,right? because normals, blues or rares r always around the zone level, At least on my 130hours of playing so far.

Legendaries are the worst and most difficult to get then, just wasnt sure of that.

I don't know if it is only legendaries. In D2 at least, all loot was like that (i.e. lvl 85 mobs could & did drop lvl 1 white items...)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]