Diablo® III

Auction House is horrifically broken

87 Draenei Hunter
I placed an item in the AH. 400k Buyout.

Its a Legendary. There are only 2 pages of auctions for this Legendary.

This was 24 hours ago.

Still not sold.... Why?? Lowest current Buyout for this Legendary is 500k.

My item ISN'T EVEN IN THE AH!!!

Its taking up a place out of the 10 (disgustingly) low number of auctions allowed and it somehow doesn't even exist in the AH at all.

And i can't even cancel the auction to place it back in there.

How many other items of mine don't "exist" in the AH? Can blizzard please for the love of god fix the AH.

(before anyone replies with something silly there are only 2 pages of auctions for this Legendary, i'm not just "blind" or somehow "missing it", its not there, its in an alternate dimension)

edit 1 - Yep just as i suspected i've found another of my auctions that don't exist in the AH. Do any of my auctions exist in the AH?
Edited by muchentuchen#2847 on 5/27/2012 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Hunter
/bump

everyone should check some of their auctions for this bug
Reply Quote
yeah i have the same thing 9/10 of my auction are not listed in the search. It happened when they reset the AH.

It happens every time.
Reply Quote
The bug annoyed me a lot too
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Hunter
yeah i have the same thing 9/10 of my auction are not listed in the search. It happened when they reset the AH.

It happens every time.

What REALLLY bothers me is if they know its going to happen why not just take everything off the AH and let us then re-list it all? Its now just sitting there taking up my 10/10 auctions for no reason.

Shameful blizzard.

Is this what we should expect with the RMAH as well? Where real money is on the line?
Reply Quote
Same here, yesterday it was going quite well but now I still haven't sold anything, 10/10 items still in AH. My items aren't listed either. Hope they'll fix it soon.
Reply Quote
the same with gems i put some gem and its stay on 20h but its not on AH on my price i parallel dimension right blizz stuff?
Reply Quote
Looks like items that are over 5 hours old (from the time of this post) are not showing up on the AH.
Reply Quote
Were you ever able to find your own item on the AH? Maybe it's intended?
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Hunter
05/27/2012 07:24 AMPosted by worldpk

Well the AH is currently unavailable for me. Maybe they are doing work on it.

I however doubt its intended.

When i posted this item 24 hours ago i undercut the market by a good 100k to be the lowest so it could sell ASAP.

I am still (or should be) the lowest by FAR but its not there.
Reply Quote
you r not the only one, tons of threads on this issue already~~

Blizzard has shut the AH down~~But dont expect any improvements. I am a CS master grad. Distributed Database + concurrency is very very difficult to deal with~~ esp in a scale of multi-millions~~

Their AH database doesnt even meet the basic ACID(atomicity, consistency, isolation, durability) database design principle~~
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Hunter
05/27/2012 07:24 AMPosted by worldpk

I was able to get into the AH just now and can confirm that you can find you're own items by searching in the AH. A fresh auction i posted about 4 hours is searchable. Its a rare and can be found easily by me.

These older posts cannot be found.

The bug is definitely real and not something intended.
Reply Quote
Of course, the Auction House is down one more time.
This is getting to be rather absurd!
Blizzard has sorely disappointed me with this game; the mechanics are terrible (DPS mechanic allows nearly any weapon to be applied to nearly any hero for maximum damage), the storyline and numerous bosses/quests have been re-hashed with very little explanation or development (oh look, Deckard Cain has been captured again, let's go save him and fight the Skeleton King, who appeared in one of the first dungeons of D1. Oh, and then let's go kill the Butcher, who, guess what, was ALSO in one of the first dungeons of D1), no PvP arena...
And a broken Auction House!
It seems like Blizz would have enough AH experience through previous game endeavors to be able to knock this out of the park.
12 years, and this is what they decide to put out: a half finished re-hashing of D1 and D2 with an updated graphics engine, fail in-game mechanics, and a broken AH.

Edit 1: Not to mention all of the cool things they took OUT of the game! Does anyone recall the feeling of finding or trading for that last necessary rune to complete your Runeword, dropping it in the socket, and getting perfect stats? Awesome!
Not in D3 at all.
Edited by Valhalla#1883 on 5/27/2012 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I figured the AH would work just find on release, since it was tested like crazy on the beta? Question mark?

I guess not. It's pretty sad when we have to rely on the AH to progress through content and we can't even use the damn thing cause it doesn't work!!!!
Reply Quote
Of course, the Auction House is down one more time.
This is getting to be rather absurd!
Blizzard has sorely disappointed me with this game; the mechanics are terrible (DPS mechanic allows nearly any weapon to be applied to nearly any hero for maximum damage), the storyline and numerous bosses/quests have been re-hashed with very little explanation or development (oh look, Deckard Cain has been captured again, let's go save him and fight the Skeleton King, who appeared in one of the first dungeons of D1. Oh, and then let's go kill the Butcher, who, guess what, was ALSO in one of the first dungeons of D1), no PvP arena...
And a broken Auction House!
It seems like Blizz would have enough AH experience through previous game endeavors to be able to knock this out of the park.
12 years, and this is what they decide to put out: a half finished re-hashing of D1 and D2 with an updated graphics engine, fail in-game mechanics, and a broken AH.

Edit 1: Not to mention all of the cool things they took OUT of the game! Does anyone recall the feeling of finding or trading for that last necessary rune to complete your Runeword, dropping it in the socket, and getting perfect stats? Awesome!
Not in D3 at all.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Blizzard this truly is pathetic.
Reply Quote
yea... bigggest thing that irks me is they DON'T SAY ANYTHING. UPDATE ANYONE ON WHAT IS GOING ON. SERIOUSLY how can you run a game or business or anything with this kind of communication when crap is hitting the. Absurd and poor. Put a freaking intern on your PR.
Reply Quote
Bought several items yesterday and watched the drama unfold on these forums for a couple of hours afterwards. I was annoyed, but not terribly worried, as at least the purchases showed up on my completed log. My hope was that even though I was out the cash I'd spent at that moment, I'd eventually get my items.

Logged in to check on it this morning though, and the purchases are no longer in my completed log... and none of the gold has been refunded.

Get your !@#$ together, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Same stuff
Reply Quote
Same here !!!! most of the my items cannot be found in AH, and cannot get it back till its expired !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
And gems, blacksmith pages and other stuff in those tab are all empty nothing showing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]