Diablo® III

Why I think Diablo 3 sucks.

(Locked)

Leveling isn't fun. It's been made apparent that hell is just another stepping stone into inferno. Instead of 3 difficulties like in Diablo 2, I feel that Blizzard added another one not for extra difficulty, but to keep us around longer. Doing Act 1-4, through 4 difficulties, is tedious and boring - if you want another character, it gets exponentially more boring. Not only is it terribly un-fun, but it is apparent that any quick-leveling strategies will be nerfed (as has already been demonstrated by the quick and dirty Azmodan nerf).

MF'ing isn't fun. I understand the reasoning behind why they switched the focus from bosses to elites, but that doesn't make it more fun. They wanted to reduce the effectiveness and even the demand for 3rd party botting programs, but what it left us with is a very anti-climatic gameplay. I think I can speak for everyone who played Diablo 2 when I say that boss runs were very fun.

Items aren't fun to find. There is too much randomness on the items to be excited to see anything drop. Anyone remember while playing Diablo 2, the rush you got when a unique ring dropped, just before ID'ing it? Even if it was just a nagelring, it was still awesome! I haven't felt that way even once in the 120 hours I've put into Diablo 3 - I can get that feeling even now in Diablo 2 in less than 20.

Difficulty doesn't come from requiring the player to be a better player. When there's a very good chance that an elite pack can ruin your day, without any input from your skills as a player, it doesn't make for a fun time. What is fun is exposing weaknesses, taking advantage when an opponent leaves an opening, and even being punished for making mistakes. Many of the bosses are actually fun and apply these ideas, but as previously stated, bosses are nearly pointless to farm and the good loot is found on stat-bag elite packs whose potential to be killed is way too situational and take way too long whether or not their mods allow your build to handle them.

All of these issues have one very clear motive, and I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it's starting to make a lot of sense. It is apparent to me that Blizzard doesn't want us getting past Act 2 of inferno without spending some cash at the RMAH. If you elect to not use the RMAH, you'll be grinding and selling items 10-100k at a time, saving up for that 10 million gold weapon that will still require you to kite in order to farm. I'm not saying it will be impossible to avoid the RMAH, but it will be practically unfeasible. People have complained about the lack of offline mode, and I believe the motive is two-fold. DRM always increases sales, that's why it is utilized even if customers hate it. The other part is that they want you to have access, and the incentive, to use the RMAH. The brick wall that starts in Act 3 of inferno, the randomness of the gear and the admitted controlled-rarity of good gear, all of it points towards the RMAH and I believe that focus takes away from what the experience of a Diablo game should be.
Edited by eulogy#1906 on 5/28/2012 1:34 AM PDT
Totally agree. I put in for a refund request
how do we do this refund request?
totally agree, that "rush" was THE thing in diablo 2, cya going to play something else
Totally agree, leveling an alt char to 60 mean u need run same map kill same boss and do same quest for 6 times. Its exponentially boring and pain.
Wow. I didn't think I'd be able to admit it because I was in denial, but I totally agree. The game actually does suck.
90 Undead Rogue
Love this game :)
05/28/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Disruptive

05/28/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Merlin

Yes, how?
05/28/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Ticklefist

Yes, how?

Hopefully they don't get it because that just retarded that you ask for a refund after beating the game on one difficulty. Its like driving a car for 50,000 miles then asking for a refund on it because you didn't like the color.
10 Human Priest
The game is in the same state pretty much that D2 was on launch. Unbalanced characters. Over tuned mobs that will punish you if you bite off more then you can chew. Same repeatable quests even if there where some 'off shoots', which there still kind of is with some of the 'random' crawl places and what not.

Loving the game myself. Goodluck with what ever you are getting.
I feel like I'm not even playing a Diablo game, I feel like I'm playing WoW with a 4 player cap in any given game. Did 2 of the four bosses really need 3 phases? boring, I been there and done that in WoW. Moving out of circles, black stuff on the ground = been there and done that, nothing new nor interesting. I think the main problem with D3 is that it tries to be something Diablo is really not and I'm gonna explain it.

Diablo has always been a simple hack and slash game, the story floats in the background, the game is all about rushing into a pack of baddies and burning them down while looking for the next fight while collecting epic loot. In D3 the story is forced onto you where you're gonna wear out the esc key, the loot isn't epic because it is balanced around the AH.

I get the feeling like D3 tried to do too much, people were expecting a better version of D2 while keeping the game simplistic and still being about chasing epic items. Classic D2 was an extremely fun game that provided me with a solid year of entertainment, while its expansion provided me with 10+ years of enjoyment. D3 however I am already sick of the bosses on my 2nd play through and I absolutely despise Act II, you guys seriously call Act II fun(time to segway now).

Nobody liked Act II in Diablo 2, infact it was the most hated act in the game with an extremely lame boss at the end who was the hardest boss in the game(Duriel). This is not only repeated in Diablo 3 but its actually worse, I don't even understand how that could be. Comparing D2 and D3 Act II's and you almost wonder where the creativity went.

I just feel like I'm playing WoW set in the Diablo universe and that is extremely disappointing to me. I'm not playing WoW for a reason, there was no reason "WoW up" Diablo 3. Previous Diablo games were huge success because there was no reason behind them, it was just "theres mobs, kill, collect the shiny's" We loved it, we spent years on those games, I am absolutely shocked at how bored i'm getting with D3 only two weeks into the games release.
I can honestly believe I have the right to say this
THIS IS NOT DIABLO!!! THIS IS WOW JR!!!
that is all
I can honestly believe I have the right to say this
THIS IS NOT DIABLO!!! THIS IS WOW JR!!!
that is all

WoW Jr, because.... it has an auction house?

Are you mental?

No not only because of the auction house did I say that I think diablo 3 is WoW jr because of only the auction house?

It WoW jr because I think the game is more similar to WoW than the original Diablo games. Read what the OP had to say he provides many points. Also yes I do not like the auction house system because it made the game more of a pay2win thing where Inferno mode is so hard it seems like it forces you to utilize the AH and very soon the RMAH which I do not like. Another thing for me is that the atmosphere is not like Diablo. Diablo 1 and 2 felt like a creepy/horror game with dark environments, and well-done creepy yet medievilly music. I am sorry but the graphics and settings of Diablo 3 reminds me too much of WoW than Diablo 1 and 2.

P.S. instead of insulting someone why dont you ask them what about the game makes you thinks this way or hey I disagree with you because of this. You know give constructive criticism. No I am not mental because I have my own opinions.
gave it a chance, almost level cap and you are all right. Blizzard you have forsaken me.

since you all hit the important parts which aren't worth me mentioning, they truly messed up on the idea of magic and the dark gothic look of armour and surroundings in Diablo. I do not understand the arcane !@#$ with lazers and all that. There used to be just elements which fit so perfectly. Fire, Ice, Lightning and poison and no need for more. I swear the wizard and demon hunter are using guns rather than magic.

The armour weapons and surroundings are way to colourful and glamorous. Oh ya and how come I die more from fallen then any other monster when they used to be the weakest monsters around.
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh man...should I feel bad that the tears of the people here...is the best thing I like out of reading our forums?
yea, removing the treasure hunt aspect of the game really ruined it for me

they made buying AH gear MANDATORY, which seems very odd to me
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]