Diablo® III

Lag on sighting of champion/elite mobs

I have a satellite broadband connection that I share with one other person which also plays Diablo 3. We both get a latency of 650 constant. This is the normal latency for everything we do. I am the only one having a problem though. He can play the game just fine without issues on 650 and never spike when sighting a champion or an elite mob. I spike every time I see a special mob, usually not worth noting the ms as it's over 2500ms. I either just sit there watching everything stand still until I am dead and need to re-spawn, or just exit the game and avoid the area I think may have an elite mob. This is really starting to piss me off as I am the only one experiencing this issue on our connection.
I copied the downloaded files from his computer to install the client.
I have disabled all graphic effects and put everything on the lowest settings with no results.
This computer is brand new and has nothing else installed on it. ASUS G75-VW
I have disabled everything but Microsoft services to try to see if it was a service running through Blizzards suggested way (MSCONFIG) and it didn't change anything.
Firewall disabled or not, same issue.
Running out of options here and sick of this game. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
Helpful forum here!
Reply Quote
Same problem here and cant play.....
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
CelsoGea,

It is expected for users of satellite internet to experience high latency, lag, or disconnections from ours and other online games. You might check your Satellite Internet provider's website for their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) section. One such website states: "On-line games are not well suited for satellite-based Internet service due to associated latency factors." This is something that we have no control over and cannot effectively troubleshoot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]