Diablo® III

Teach you how to update. ;)

05/29/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Fels
can someone upload your agent.db here? forgot to backup and now things went terribly wrong D: please

I'd really appreciate this too. I was stupid and changed something that wasn't in the original post. Anyone who could upload their Battle.net folder would be a hero :)
90 Undead Death Knight
05/29/2012 01:25 PMPosted by rainbowdash
didnt work for me. my file alread said enus

So did mine, i just done a find on patch and it was only 1 that didnt have US changed that and boom worked.
worked for me ty
If you're using Windows 7. Click on my documents and paste this C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent on your address bar which is if i'm not mistaking is saying Libraries\Documents, hit enter and the agent DB file should be there :)
Edited by Kroes#6364 on 5/29/2012 1:40 PM PDT
Playing From Philippines! US server ^ THIS WORKS ^ OHH! YEAH!
05/29/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Diabolik
i changed from US tro GB but i got error whem the launcher trying to update ...

Yeah, it's telling me to contact support. I changed from EnUS to EnGB. :(
Ai Ai Ai! I got JUGARD!
Now geting unexpected error when trying the GB install.
But I guess thats what I get for buying a mac.
I dont have agent.db :(
1 Night Elf Druid
Just wanted to say it works guys, hope to keep this bumped!

@OP You sir, you, sir, are amazing!
didn't work for me (win7 ultimate 64bit)

maybe because the agent.db in my ProgramData still targeting to the diablo 3 beta

and I don't know what to change @_@

detail:

my diablo 3 beta is installed in C:

and my diablo 3 is installed in D:

-------------

anyone know how to fix this? even after I uninstall diablo 3 beta this problem won't go
Edited by ChitandaEru#1781 on 5/29/2012 1:46 PM PDT
6 Undead Mage
Thank you so much for this fix!

At least Blizzard can now steal your work, and put an official post about this. Even better, they could just simply fix it so everyone doesn't have to manually fix Blizzard's mistake.

Blizzard,

You really should, at very least, thank this person.
Still doesn't work for me... it's already enUS everywhere and won't patch
How to update game version 1.0.2 (for NOT enUS client user)

1. close D3, and use Notepad open "agent.db" this file

Win7 & Vista is in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db
WinXP is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db

not the D3 game folder's agent.db (thank Darkstaf and Eliarainne)
this <ProgramData> folder is hidden!!
how to show hidden files
please read http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Show-hidden-files (it's microsoft official site, it's safe.)

2. find ALL http://****.patch.battle.net:1119/patch and change to http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

**** is your client version. (like below)
enGB
enSG
esES
deDE
frFR
itIT
plPL
zhTW
koKR
esMX
ptBR

3. restart D3 and it will update to 1.0.2.9749

be careful!! it will not allow you to play EU and ASIA server until the EU and ASIA server version update.

backup the agent.db to other folder before you modify it. (thank for Fight4Love remind me this)

you can change it back, after you update it. (please dont forget close D3 before you change it back!)

谢谢!你很亲切。
OP coming through making the big plays! works like a charm!
Thank you so much. Its truly pathetic that Blizzard couldn't provide a solution and that we have to rely on the community. Cheers!
How big is the Diablo III Patch 1.0.2 - v.1.0.2.9749 Patch?

Thanks.
Just Rename/delete ur Battle.net folder and start ur diablo 3 launcher it will auto create a new one :)
can someone please upload the battle.net folder or just agent.db ?? me and some guys on the topic screwed up with that..
I'm on US server but running EU Client and this works for me. Thanks a lot, man.

This is how I edited agent.db on a Mac, based on your instruction:

Open /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent
Open agent.db with textedit

The rest are similar to Windows version.

Cheers all.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]