Diablo® III

Teach you how to update. ;)

05/29/2012 01:42 PMPosted by WarPigZ
Still doesn't work for me... it's already enUS everywhere and won't patch

Same here, kinda sucks to be still stucked while everybody else wins!! :/
Works like a charm. China people are brilliant. Using an EU copy of D3 but plays on the US server. Direct to the US patch and it does the trick. However, I changed the language selection from "blank" [actually it was "English (British)" in the EU copy] to "English" and now I have to download an additional 2.55 gb. Oh well that's my own problem now.
it worked for me, THX
05/29/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Bipolar
Works like a charm. China people are brilliant. Using an EU copy of D3 but plays on the US server. Direct to the US patch and it does the trick. However, I changed the language selection from "blank" [actually it was "English (British)" in the EU copy] to "English" and now I have to download an additional 2.55 gb. Oh well that's my own problem now.

Was about to post this, well at least you're not alone, lol, damn curiosity...
it wont affect. just find the respective file noted from the poster. change it. and it works fine for me.

Before trying this method, i even try the changing language way and im dumb enough to download another extra 2gb plus. Luls. Lucky enough my connection is still fine i wasted around 30 mins to redownload the 2gb.

Im Singaporean btw. BIG KUDOS to the taiwanese guy !!

我爱台湾!!!台湾人吊
85 Blood Elf Priest
He's Taiwanese ;) Chinese nonetheless.
how do i know what client version i am on, i am playing american server.. wait for reply!
For all who have problem with game updating and playing on American servers

Just open Launcher.db in notepad and change "enGB" to "enUS"

It works for me ... updater now doing his work well.
Thank you very much :), life saver, amazing that this happened, more amazing that someone in the community solved so quickly, give this man a prize, all honestly TYVM :)
Downloading the infamous 2.55 gb too. Worst part is my housemate is playing havoc with my bandwith, damn !@#$ haha.
wow it really works
Edited by BadPanda#6716 on 5/29/2012 1:54 PM PDT
Big thanks man !
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should work for blizzard.
How to update game version 1.0.2 (for NOT enUS client user)

1. close D3, and use Notepad open "agent.db" this file

Win7 & Vista is in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db
WinXP is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db

not the D3 game folder's agent.db (thank Darkstaf and Eliarainne)
this <ProgramData> folder is hidden!!
how to show hidden files
please read http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Show-hidden-files (it's microsoft official site, it's safe.)

2. find ALL http://****.patch.battle.net:1119/patch and change to http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

**** is your client version. (like below)
enGB
enSG
esES
deDE
frFR
itIT
plPL
zhTW
koKR
esMX
ptBR

3. restart D3 and it will update to 1.0.2.9749

be careful!! it will not allow you to play EU and ASIA server until the EU and ASIA server version update.

backup the agent.db to other folder before you modify it. (thank for Fight4Love remind me this)

you can change it back, after you update it. (please dont forget close D3 before you change it back!)

Additonal dummies for people over the sea region, if you have download the previous cilent from the battlenet under en-SG client, when u search for http://****.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

the **** = enSG , so ctrl-F paste the above link , find it and change the word enSG TO enUS.

I think i make it clear enough as same goes to the taiwanese guy who started this post, if you still cant get through, you're seriously a troll son.
Edited by NicholasLim#1534 on 5/29/2012 2:02 PM PDT
one more thing, there is a line says"selected_locale" :enSG, does it need to be changed in to enUS aswell?
05/29/2012 01:59 PMPosted by EEGPAIN
one more thing, there is a line says"selected_locale" :enSG, does it need to be changed in to enUS aswell?

No, it doesn't. Just the link given by the poster. Just follow his step. His clear enough. I don't understand why you people can't get it.

Im already inside. /gg
Edited by NicholasLim#1534 on 5/29/2012 2:00 PM PDT
Try first change only launcher.db to enUS ... that try that in original post
Edited by Brandoo#2922 on 5/29/2012 2:01 PM PDT
I got a Big Problem on it, while i changed my agent.db files to enUS,
i open the game and my agent.db files change back to zhTW.

does anyone got the same problem?.
Edited by Fenton#3446 on 5/29/2012 2:01 PM PDT
Doesn't work

next
READ HERE IF YOU STILL CAN'T MAKE IT WORK.

There are two agent.db files one in your actual diablo 3 folder and one in the battlenet folder.

IF YOU CHANGE THE ONE IN THE DIABLO 3 FOLDER THIS FIX WILL NOT WORK.

Re-read the original post the agent.db file WILL NOT be in the diablo 3 folder in which you installed the game.

Win7 & Vista is in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db
WinXP is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db

I derped it but in the end it works.

Good luck
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]