For D3, Blizzard decided to do something a bit different. They created a bright, cartoonish world called Whimsyshire that's filled with unicorns and "happy clouds."
In order to get to Whimsyshire, you need to craft a Staff of Herding. According to D3DB, the plans for the staff drop randomly from Izual in Act 4. Creating the staff requires five rare items:
- Black Mushroom - spawns in the first floor of the Cathedral in Act 1.
- Leoric's Shinbone - located in the fireplace in Leoric's manor in Act 1.
- Liquid Rainbow - found in the Mysterious Chest in the Mysterious Cave within Act 2's Dahlgur Oasis.
- Wirt's Bell - sold for 100,000 gold by Squirt the Peddler in Caldeum.
- Gibbering Gemstone - drops randomly from mobs in Act 3 in the caves in the battlefield in front of the bridge.
After you've made your staff, head to the Old Tristram road. You should find a dead cow who can show you the way. Be prepared to smile a lot.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.