Diablo® III

Nightmare Whimsyshire

Anyone able to unlock this in nightmare/hell. Just finished nightmare last night and went to the location like in normal and got no quest. My friends and i went through the normal version killing/looting everything to see if you had to kill something or find something to unlock the harder difficulties but we couldn't find anything.

I've herd various rumors about there being different staves for each difficulty can anyone confirm this or provide personal experience on how to get into nightmare and beyond?

Thank you
Reply Quote
I would also like information on this if possible
Reply Quote
I'd like to know also ... do I need to unlock Whimsyshire on each difficulty? Or just once for all four difficulties.

Do I get different exp amounts for each type of Whimsyshire I enter?
When does the exp from ponyland become not worth it?

I know its early and these questions may take a week or so to answer but thought I;d throw them out there because people will eventually ask.
Reply Quote
I can answer that you need to unlock Whimsyshire for each difficulty, because I can't do it on Nightmare, only on Normal.. but what I need to know is.. do I need a new book?
Reply Quote
Well in the Wiki there's a page on crafting things, and there's 3 different plans.
Hellish, Infernal, and Nightmarish staves of herding. So I assume you need to get each of em.
Reply Quote
k. I've killed izaul about 11 times and still don't have the plans. I'm so good at it I can do a run in under 6 minutes with my spirit walk ... so frustrating it wont drop
Reply Quote
The nightmare plans are sold from the quartermaster in Act IV

I have no idea where the hellish plans are.
Reply Quote
I'm hoping I didnt get the plans the first time i played, then accidentally sell it.
Is that possible as to why I am not able to find the plans from izual?
Reply Quote
Quartermaster..? So not Izual?.. and does it have to be done in nightmare?
Reply Quote
Dont know if this well help or if its been resolved BUT! Here is the guide I used to help me out.

To do this on further difficulties, go to Act 4 and buy the plans for the Nightmarish, Hellish, or Inferno version of the staff.

List of items required:
Black Mushroom - Act 1 Cathedral
Leoric's Shinbone - Act 1 Leoric's Manor in the fireplace
Liquid Rainbow - Act 2 Dhalgur Oasis, talk to alchemist
Gibbering Gemstone - Act 3 Caverns of Frost Level 2 from Chiltara
Wirt's Bell - Act 2 from Squirt the Peddler (100k gold)
Plans: Staff of Herding - Act 4 from Izual
Reply Quote
I've done over 40 runs to kill izual and still no luck on the plans, am I missing something?
Reply Quote
Wait.. where do you buy the nightmarish version...?
Reply Quote
Im on Nightmare ACt 4 and I try buying a new one but it only offers the regular one for 50k
Reply Quote
staff of herding. its a boa you can craft. once you make that take it to the ghost cow on old Tristram road :)
Reply Quote
To get the nightmare version of the staff. You need to beat the game on on NM. Then goto act IV, and the Quartermaster there will sell the recipe for 1 gold. After that use it on your blacksmith. It costs 200k to make the NM version of the staff.
Reply Quote
i can craft the staff and i have the mushroom... need 100k for one of the parts and the last one
Reply Quote
Got nightmare recipe dropped from izual. You just craft nightmare herding staff from staff of herding.
Reply Quote
I got the staff for Nm whimsy msg me in game. Names shakejunt will be on at aroun 7 pm GMT
Reply Quote
Just finished Normal mode last night. To unlock Nightmare you need to get the staff of herding, then go to Act 4 town (Same as Act 3) But it has to be during act 4 that the Quartermaster on the right side sells you the pattern for the Nightmare Staff of Herding for 1 gold. Which you then teach to the blacksmith and pay 200k for the upgrade. Once you have the Nightmarish Staff of Herding you take it to the same spot, and open up Nightmare Unicorns.
Reply Quote
YOURE SO AWESOME
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]