Diablo® III

Latency Aus/NZ

(Locked)

Oh FFS! 450+ which renders the game unplayable. Seriously Blizzard do you expect people to just sit back and take this from you? A problem that is 100% your own doing.

If you gave the people wanting to solo an offline option we wouldn't have this issue. The servers would free up and the latency would drop.

The fact that you didnt even bother to give us a localized server so we ALWAYS have to battle with the distance factor from the server, and then have to contend with the local players as well. As far as I can tell you have no respect for us as customers, and no regard outside of protecting your own asses about our game experience.

Diablo II never has these issues, granted there were less players, but the infrastructure technology was also by todays standards archaic.

Give us a dedicated server, or allow offline. Fix your game, and show some regard for paying customers.
Edited by cryocore#1945 on 5/17/2012 11:09 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Mage
05/17/2012 11:09 PMPosted by cryocore
Give us a dedicated server, or allow offline. Fix your game, and show some regard for paying customers.

It's not going to happen. Best we can hope for is the figure out what was changed last night and change it back. Again, thankyou Blizzard for bringing lag, server queues and down time to a single player game, truely innovative of you.
Edited by Sylper#1190 on 5/17/2012 11:12 PM PDT
How does one go about demanding a refund?
Because of this, we’d like to know what your play experience has been as of today 3:00 p.m. [Australian EST]. Please provide as much information as you can, including what kind of latency you’re experiencing, how long it’s been occurring, and what steps (if any) have been taken to resolve it.

EDIT: It's "settling down" to about 350ms. Still broken, but less so. 7pm NZ time.

Whatever you did, I'd highly recommend undoing it - game is not really playable.

Steps taken to resolve:
1. Tried switching from wireless to wired.
2. Tried replacing wireless hotspot.
3. Rebooted Mac 273 times.
4. Turned off all other devices on the network to prove it's not connection contention.

In other words, ruled out the stuff at my end (which, regardless, hasn't changed from yesterday when it was working fine).

I'd really like to know: when exactly am I going to get to play this game? Because right now, with changes RIGHT next to the weekend, you've probably (again) hosed the free time I've got to play. Took Wednesday off to play and enjoyed 9 hours of downtime in our prime time - great stuff, and now I've got the weekend to play, it's broken.

Further information:
ISP: Snap (http://www.snap.net.nz/).
Edited by TactualRain#6825 on 5/18/2012 12:00 AM PDT
Averaging 400ms, but during the beta i had a steady 180-200ms, thanks for the response though.
89 Orc Death Knight
New Plymouth, New Zealand. On Telecom with ADSL2+.

Been sitting around 350ms up from the normal 180ms. Have had 2 disconnections so far and the occasional lag spike.
day ping of 400-600
after 5pm it drops 200-400
waiting for RTL to set up their tunnels.
nice to know Blizzard lack the skill to setup a simple network.
85 Tauren Druid
Was sitting on average 120ms before and as of right now I'm sitting on 550ms...
Yes, thanks for your maintenance last night... at our peak gameplay time... that has not done anything to fix the lag... and in fact has probably made it worse!

Will post the exact details when I can get them though. I do apprciate the fact that you are at least trying.... if in a very round about way
05/17/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Retsnimle

It's not going to happen. Best we can hope for is the figure out what was changed last night and change it back. Again, thankyou Blizzard for bringing lag, server queues and down time to a single player game, truely innovative of you.

Why the hell not? Bioware just did it for us with SWTOR. There is no reason Blizzard can't. Pretty sure they make even more profit than bioware does.

Don't accept this, it needs to be fought for, and we deserve a local service for this game!
My ping has got noticeably worse.

Until now I'd normally been steady in the 240ms range (+/- 10). Dodging things was annoying, but I wasn't dying & the game was playable at a casual level. Today the game is just annoyingly unresponsive fullstop.

My results today:

3:20pm: 378-439ms
3:40pm: 270-415ms
4:00pm: 270-376ms
4:20pm: 290-368ms

My IP watcher says D3 is connecting to 12.130.247.105. When I try running a traceroute to that IP, I get to lax1.attens.net & unnamed servers in the 12.129.199.X ranges. The MS on those steps is 179-185ms at all the above times (well.. was 180-185 at 3:20 & went down to 179-184 by 4:20).

When I do something that (presumably) involves significant loading or repositioning - i.e. teleporting back to town for the first time (hit ~1600ms), or bumping into a large new pack of monsters, or using the demon hunter Vault ability, there is obviously noticeable freezeframe/jerkiness.

I have higher standards than some of the players, but frankly at this latency I've quit playing D3 for at least a few hours. I'll be playing another company's multiplayer game instead - one with oz/nz based servers.

PS. All results are in solo play, I just use the multiplayer to chat with friends normally.
Edited by pache#6883 on 5/17/2012 11:34 PM PDT
400-500

Pretty much unplayable. Really need to make significant improvements, I don't even want online but the fact that it exists is ruining my gaming experience. It's just not right.
90 Dwarf Warlock
So it wasn't just my connection. Was getting low 200s before, today it's been 300-450 most of the time, sometimes spiking up to 600.
On launch sat around 250 ping but after that it sits around 350 until the afternoon where it goes back to normal. In addition some times it logs me out for no apparent reason although this may be a problem on my end, thanks.
100 Draenei Death Knight
Plays fine and smooth, delay isn't terribly noticeable, it's just the lagg spikes that last for 10 seconds or so and everything just stops then kicks back in again. Lucky I'm playing on normal or else every time this happened I would be dead.
100 Blood Elf Mage
05/17/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Darkforge
Don't accept this, it needs to be fought for, and we deserve a local service for this game!

I had high hopes for Diablo 3, I want it to succeed. That being said Blizzard knew that latency would be an issue for Aus/NZ players, in an action based game latency is unacceptable.

I'd hazzard a guess that the only reason this thread exists is to try and make it look like Blizzard are looking into the latency issue, which is pointless as the return time to US based servers will always be at absolute best ~200ms due to the distance. The only solutions are (a) local servers which Blizzard have said no to for every other game or (b) an offline mode which would be welcomed by players but kill the RMAH and remove that revenue stream.

We can talk as much as we like on the forums and elsewhere to no effect, we're too small a market to have an impact on Blizzards profit margins and will therefor be left to rot. I'd honestly be amazed if we ever see another blue post on the issue and absolutely stunned if we see a solution from them.
300 sometimes 500 normal and spikes going to 1500+ with a 3mins freeze ( death if any monsters are around)
Unsure if its related or i should be posting this here, but that is now five disconnects in the span of about not even an hour. This is extremely frustrating guys. Only had two disconnects in the previous couple of days playing. Awesome game when you can play it.

edit: Telecom NZ here
Edited by bahumbug#1603 on 5/17/2012 11:44 PM PDT
From Singapore here (I don't know where else to put this) and since this is thread about latency issues, I've been getting 500-400 ms during the late morning and afternoon... But around midnight and early morning, ping meter is mostly green.

Was hard playing monk with a high ms seeing the animation first THEN the special effect to appear and hit the mobs.

Especially frustrating is when the potion button is not responding on time when the screen is scary red. Several times I've died by this method... good thing I haven't tackled Hardcore.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]