Diablo® III

Latency Aus/NZ

(Locked)

450 ping in Sydney ADSL2 connection. This is very frustrating. Can we expect it to improve or is this the best we will get? Unfortunately I have no desire to play a broken game.

i am interested to see if those of us with the latency are in the minority or if it is affecting all Aus/NZ customers. Can some Facebook/Twitter savvy person do a survey?
Getting around 350-400 mark at the moment.
ISP:TPG ADSL2+

Pre-patch ping: Avg 200-300ms, very lag few spikes
Pre-patch disconnection: 0

Post Patch ping: Avg 200-300ms, frequent lag spikes up too 700-800ms
Post patch disconnection: 5 in first 50min of play..I've given up for the night...how pathetic

I had not had an issue pre-patch now i'm just down right pissed off...
Edited by eCholess#6967 on 5/18/2012 1:27 AM PDT
A little before 3 pm and until present, I have had latency up to 2500....that is insane and totally unenjoyable. I have no idea why it's happening, but it does fluxuate.

Right now I have 500 ping, and still that is totally laggy and annoying. I can hardly keep up with enemies as they approach me.

I am in Aus, and I was playing the US servers earlier today and they were quicker then the Asian servers...tell me how that makes sense? Lol

I'm a little annoyed, but ah well...not much to do I guess.
how do i watch my PING i cant find out how?
Just logged in now and sitting at around 250ms latency which is probably about as good as it's going to get connecting to the American servers. The real test will come tomorrow, in America's peak time we are getting hammered. You have to know that your servers are overloaded and Aus/NZ are suffering as a result.
Edited by LightReflect#1200 on 5/18/2012 1:28 AM PDT
05/18/2012 01:26 AMPosted by bliggy
how do i watch my PING i cant find out how?

To the left of your magic sphere, the vertical bar :)
Ive had 200 - 300ms tonight. Previous its been around the same but its still unacceptable.. I would rather under atleast 150ms. Hell even on TOR i get 30 - 50ms on AUS servers.. On WoW i used to get 200 - 300ms so this is as good as im going to see it and most people will see no better than 200 - 300ms.
AUSTRALIAN severs should be the standard if they want to make this better for us instead of "optimising their end"... There is only so far they can do that.

Once PvP comes out your Australian userbase is only going to complain more Blizzard...

EDIT - BTW im playing from Melbourne if it is needed to be known.
Edited by Sp4nKy#1660 on 5/18/2012 1:36 AM PDT
how do you check your ping? lol
Disconnects have stopped (NZ Telecom here), and have been getting a nice 200ms tonight since about 7pm. Loving it.

Just need to get that peak-U.S. time latency figured out (was in the 400-500 range again today, noon til evening NZ time).
^
^
^
Im sitting with everyone else here. Once American Peak time starts game is Unplayable.

Sits on Average in the Green of 200ms then Jumps to 1000+ followed by a Network Disconnect

Thanks for looking into our issue gives peace of mind

BTW in Sydney
And Agree need Australian Or Oceanic Servers alot of people make good points I also play SWTOR and my Ping sits at around 45-60ms

People Down here love Blizzard show us some love back Blizz :)
Edited by SkullKid#6599 on 5/18/2012 2:08 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Mage
I get between 250 -600 Ping. At 250 it runs alright, but then it keeps jumping up to 600 and freezing. Takes about 30 seconds to catch up and then will freeze again :(

Game is unplayable at the moment.

Im in Perth, Western Australia
Edited by Strider#6817 on 5/18/2012 2:11 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Hunter
Prior 3PM Patch behavior:
Random hang ups / disconnects ping steady between 200 - 400 playable on normal mode however to risky in my opinion on hard core

Post 3PM Patch:
less random hang ups however Latency 400+ constant spike up to 1k, extremely risky to play hardcore risking disconnection at every turn.

looks like its back to normal mode until either the latency issue is fixed or offline mode added or my preferred solution Local Servers
For the first 5min that I could actually play tonight before 3007, I was getting a latency of 205 - 345, then "You have been removed"

80% 200s
20% 300s

Top stuff..

Melbourne, Australia.
Edited by OpenSystem#1889 on 5/18/2012 2:15 AM PDT
Haven't been dropped since the patch but nothing else got better
At 3pm My ping was sitting around 450 with a few spikes. As of about half an hour ago my ping is sitting around 250 ms which seems manageable for normal difficulty, not too sure how harder difficulty settings go.
i'm getting 300-450 ping and it's fine!! i do get a few spikes but generally it's very playable i can run in 4 man groups and solo.. i don't see the problem

currently playing American servers!! optus cable
Until today I was getting a ping of between 200 - 250, green latency bar constant. Now I get anywhere between 400 - 600.

200 - 250 was smooth gameplay but above 400 and "It's K-K-K-Ken! C-c-c-coming to k-k-k-kill me! How you gonna c-c-c-catch me, K-K-K-Ken?"

Launceston, Tasmania.
Prior 3PM Patch behavior:
Random hang ups / disconnects ping steady between 200 - 400 playable on normal mode however to risky in my opinion on hard core

Post 3PM Patch:
less random hang ups however Latency 400+ constant spike up to 1k, extremely risky to play hardcore risking disconnection at every turn.

looks like its back to normal mode until either the latency issue is fixed or offline mode added or my preferred solution Local Servers

What patch is this? I have no had patches applied to my game since launch O.o
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]