Diablo® III

Latency Aus/NZ

(Locked)

Update on my latency when this first posted after maintenance was really high 500-600ms and lots of rubber banding but seems to be under control again around after 3pm West Aussie time about 200-300ms again. Playable again :) Dunno whether something was changed or now its not peak time in US but i guess well see tomorrow being Saturday game day.
lag apparent now, 8:50 EST Australia time. had to stop playing. peaked at 1630, from around 600-1000.. had a good afternoon however.. :)

editing to add, seems to be back to average 250 now.. 9pm EST
Edited by zen#6187 on 5/18/2012 4:06 AM PDT
Today my latency was a bit worse than I'd been experiencing previously. Today It was sitting usually around 300 but often over 500. Yesterday it was low 200s.
Ive gone from 270ms average to 600-800ms.. whatever you did, do the opposite next time :)
When I am able to play in the mornings or afternoons Australian time (As early as 8am AEST), which I believe is be early/late evening for America I actually experience almost no lag issues, usually sitting somewhere in the high 200s for latency which is just fine to play on. On release night when I was playing with a couple of online friends from America, I also continued to play with no problem until around 11PM.

However every night since, starting at around 8PM Australian EST is when I get lag to the point the game becomes unplayable and I simply give up for the night. I have checked and it’s still going on at 11pm and later. Last night I checked just before 12am and it seemed it had gone back to normal, though I didn’t stay on for long. During the periods of lag I also check WoW and my latency there is normal, sitting around 200ms, the same as always.

Also, some of the time when I do experience lag the game displays my latency bar as green saying I’m sitting around 200-300ms which is “wrong” as it still takes up to 20 seconds from when I click an ability for it to actually go off in game, but the majority of the time I’m around 600ms or higher and can't play the game at all as a result.

I’m in N.S.W with Iprimus. I haven’t done anything in an attempt to fix it, as I don’t really know enough about this stuff to know what exactly I could try.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
As many of you know, we recently performed server maintenance late last evening, Australian time. This maintenance was part of our ongoing efforts to provide an enjoyable gameplay experience for all players, and we are continuing to work around the clock to ensure that your time in Sanctuary is fun, engaging, and issue-free.We’re aware, however, that some players are still encountering latency while playing Diablo III and would like to learn more about Aus/NZ in-game experiences. In some cases, your issues may not be specific to the region, and we’re working our absolute hardest to address these concerns as soon as possible. In other cases, we believe that your issues with in-game latency may have been resolved by recent hotfixes. Because of this, we’d like to know what your play experience has been as of today 3:00 p.m. [Australian EST]. Please provide as much information as you can, including what kind of latency you’re experiencing, how long it’s been occurring, and what steps (if any) have been taken to resolve it. If you are experiencing technical difficulties outside of latency, then please use the Battle.net Support site or Support forums for assistance with troubleshooting any problems you may be having downloading, installing, or playing the game. Thank you so much !

My experiance from nz auckland has been nothing but great.
i had a little latencey.. maybe pinging to 4-5 hundread .
i opened some ports ( same fix for wow) used game booster , set it at priority and made a rule on my firewall and now i been on <220 all day. its great thanks for your continued support :D
Edited by Lollie#6501 on 5/17/12 10:12 PM (PDT)

Ping has been horrible today - it's just as bad as it was last night before whatever maintenance you did.Your maintenance did not fix the ping issues for me.My ISP gives me ~130ms to West Coast USA servers in all other games.In this game I'm seeing pings at a minimum of 170ish (but usually 250ish) only on American offpeak hours, onpeak it's now ALWAYS 350ms-400ms and worse. The latency meter bar is currently an orange coloured bar, and the bar isn't full (2/3 bars full). This is how it gets soon as all of the USA logs onto the servers. I have already submitted a tracert to your technical team, and it shows no problems at around a 130ms ping - it would seem soon as your servers get my incoming connection they somehow dump a whole lot of latency on top. Servers don't respond properly to long distance connections perhaps? Tell your engineers to fix this mess.We need local servers actually based in our area - this service is unacceptable.

If your on xp you should open some ports, same ones from wow should work, thats just what sorted mine, i was like yours yesterday .... also aus isps do not work efficently at all. youd be better going with telecom (if its in your area ) or woosh if its in your area cos it goes through nz for better speeds ( IKR) nz has better net, i had to go there to experiance it lolz
Is worse then it was before the fix. Had no problems never actually checked my ping but was 100% lag free now lagging the whole time on constant 300 bouncing to 500. This just ruins the game when can't even play solo without lagging my !@# off lost a hardcore character and everything because its so bad.
I've had great ping all night since I got home at 4pm NZST (Wellington NZ). Been nothing but great. Beat the Act IV boss even.
I was playing single player though. Maybe it's worse multiplayer?
I've had great ping all night since I got home at 4pm NZST (Wellington NZ). Been nothing but great. Beat the Act IV boss even.I was playing single player though. Maybe it's worse multiplayer

Its the same your on the servers anyway even in multi :)
It has been bouncing between 250 (minimum) and 500 now for the last two days. This latency is not very noticeable for me in WoW - at least for someone that is used to it and compensates - but it is doing weird things in D3.

The monsters keep jumping around and attacking you while you are stuck unable to do anything. Twice in the last 5 minutes I have died to a group of mobs - act 2, NORMAL mode - because I suddenly am unable to react to what the mobs are doing while the server continues to have them attack me. I am playing mainly because I am interested in the harder difficulties but if I am dying regularly in normal from this issue I don't even want to try Nightmare.

While WoW does show some issues with latency, the speed at which things attack you and you have to react in this game coupled with the fact that when it occurs, the mobs "blink" like mages from one spot to the next and when you do end up casting the spell you clicked on 5 seconds ago it's casting in the wrong spot, it makes it very painful to play.
05/18/2012 04:08 AMPosted by Cyclone
Is worse then it was before the fix. Had no problems never actually checked my ping but was 100% lag free now lagging the whole time on constant 300 bouncing to 500. This just ruins the game when can't even play solo without lagging my !@# off lost a hardcore character and everything because its so bad.

Try what i said 2 posts up might help.
very noticeable for me in WoW - at least for someone that is used to it and compensates - but it is doing weird things in D3. The monsters keep jumping around and attacking you while you are stuck unable to do anything. Twice in the last 5 minutes I have died to a group of mobs - act 2, NORMAL mode - because I suddenly am unable to react to what the mobs are doing while the server continues to have them attack me. I am playing mainly because I am interested in the harder difficulties but if I am dying regularly in normal from this issue I don't even want to try Nightmare. While WoW does show some issues with latency, the speed at which things attack you and you have to react in this game coupled with the fact that when it occurs, the mobs "blink" like mages from one spot to the next and when you do end up casting the spell you clicked on 5 seconds ago it's casting in the wrong spot, it makes it very painful to play.

Also ^^ try what i said
I swear mine lies.
Sometimes I have a smooth run with a latency of 400+, at others it's in the 200 range but my character can't move, let alone fight.
I think maybe my latency is lagging too... :(
I'm in Adelaide, on both Internode and Iinet.

From 3pm-9pm today, it's been really bad from either ISP.

At the best it's been 240ms, but it frequently and often spikes into the orange and red, at worst it hit 2600+ ms. Rubberbanding and freezes have occured often, usually resulting in regaining control after dying.

Prior to today, I was able to play continually over the same time period with a perpetual green bar ranging from between 200-260ms.
Edited by Patchouli#6515 on 5/18/2012 4:43 AM PDT
Latency rendered the game pretty unplayable for me today. Was fine yesterday, this morning was ok too, but I'm playing solo and this evening the latency was in the thousands. Was hoping to get some playing in before the maintenance (which is AGAIN scheduled during peak, I understand why but so far I haven't had an uninterrupted gaming experience yet!) but still keep dying due to latency issues so yeah, pretty bad here.
[quote]Hamzek:

If your on xp you should open some ports, same ones from wow should work, thats just what sorted mine, i was like yours yesterday .... also aus isps do not work efficently at all. youd be better going with telecom (if its in your area ) or woosh if its in your area cos it goes through nz for better speeds ( IKR) nz has better net, i had to go there to experiance it lolz

@Hamzek
Dont know where you get your info from but NZ is 47th in the world for net, Aus is 41st
Aus avg down is: 10.75 NZ is 9.27 (Mbps). My personal net on the gold coast AU is 18Mbps... so saying NZ has better net is kinda, not correct at all.

http://www.netindex.com
Edited by Greyfox#1425 on 5/18/2012 5:10 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
yeah i cant even defeat the skeleton king cause im lagging so much, and im playing by myself....try to run away then lags back to were i was. then dead.you guys need to fix this cause all i want to do is play single player and its the first good boss, i couldn't Imagen what it would be like later down the track . i don't get this kind of lad on any other game iv played. AUS and NZ servers pls. don't pay all this money for you guys to fail.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]