Diablo® III

Can someone explain why...

85 Human Rogue
RPG
We have to fight the Skeleton King and Butcher again? I must have missed the lore behind that, so I was just wondering why. We killed them in D1. Maybe there was a lore journal that I missed that explained it.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
View profile
There is more then one Butcher, actually read the books that things drop and it will explain.
He was killed but again, listen to the story, when Tyrael fell the vengful dead came to life again.
Reply Quote
They retconned it so he isn't some fallen angel anymore, there are a "race" of butchers now. I hate it myself.

And Leoric was raised by the meteor.

I swear the dev team sat around a table and was like "How do we bring back that FEEL of Diablo 1?". They then took the lazy way, and instead of bringing in the "feeling" brought over half of the game, and butchered the lore to fit their needs.
Edited by Solidus#1648 on 5/18/2012 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
well the one thing that is bugging me...
why would the falling star raise the skelly king?
Reply Quote

So the dev team didn't have to make up anything new or creative.

Running into Leoric and the Butcher for the first time in D1 were SOOO memorable...me and my friends did that what...15 years ago? I still remember it fondly. I think they were trying to recapture those moments for a younger generation, but screwed up the chars in the process.

I DID like seeing some of the stuff on Lazarus and Leoric though, kind of like a behind-the-scenes thing, like the bit about his wife, ect.
Reply Quote

So the dev team didn't have to make up anything new or creative.

Running into Leoric and the Butcher for the first time in D1 were SOOO memorable...me and my friends did that what...15 years ago? I still remember it fondly. I think they were trying to recapture those moments for a younger generation, but screwed up the chars in the process.

I DID like seeing some of the stuff on Lazarus and Leoric though, kind of like a behind-the-scenes thing, like the bit about his wife, ect.

It's because none of the D1 or D2 devs worked on this game. This team just ripped-off the work of better men. Why gamers think a logo and a name make a game what it is, I will never know or understand.
Reply Quote
yeah i was shocked at the return of the butcher, actually game flash backs from when i first fought him in the demo of D1 lol, i got mix feeling for being back, now skeleton king makes more sence of his return to me, since his grave is in labyrinth and reason his comes back tyriel explains that his powers made the dead return, mainly the angry ones. and since the fallen star in deep into the cathedral we got to fight all those who came back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]